Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Beware Of Online Scam Guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260107650909

I paid over $2600.00 to this guy. I got nothing in return. No communication. No nothing. His name is Christopher Caprio and his website was www.capriomotorsports.com. After I paid him, the website was taken down and his company telephone number no longer works.

The telephone number for this company is also disconnected now. I got scammed and hope that you guys be careful about online shopping. His shop address is listed as: 3870 Sandpiper Drive, Hanover Park, IL 60133. The number is (630) 247-6875 but it no longer is any good.

I contacted paypal and ebay but they have done nothing! Don't believe all of the BS about your transactions being secure. I am an educated guy and I checked his ratings and thought that he was an honest business owner. Apparently, I was wrong.

I even contacted my bank! No one seems to help!

Just be careful out there. I am now out $2600+!!!!!!! If you guys know of anything else I can do, please let me know. I need y'alls help!

Thanks guys!!

Black
    2001 T/A M6

lawsuit all the away, against all 3 parties, they have binding contracts stating that if fradulent terms are comitted or even suspected they have to atleast look into it legaly, now weather thats ironclad as if they " really do " look into it i don't know, but legaly their suppose to...read the terms of agreement, you might learn something from them, i do everytime seems like

that sucks

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

thanks for the heads up man, sorry to hear for your loss!

18D Cock Diesel

Thanks a lot guys. So far here is what I know. I just got a hold of someone who claims to be the STEPSON of this Christopher Caprio. "Dan" is the name he claimed. But the way he spoke, his intonation, his vocal patterns, and everything else, his demeanor, etc...all fit with the birthday of 5/9/83. I was able to gather this from other sites he frequented. The number I was able to get for this guy was (630) 830-3374. This is how I got a hold of him.

I know this guy's address, DOB, name, name of his relative Jacqueline Caprio, and other info. I contacted the Hanover Park Police Department and spoke to the desk Sargeant. He said that an investigator would be contacting me in the morning and will follow up on the case.

Also, the idiots at my bank processed my claim incorrectly so there is another couple of days lost due to stupidity. PayPal is still investigating the claim as well. And Ebay too. We'll see what happens. I know the police will be to his house in the morning. At least that is good.

I also spoke to the IC3. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). We will see what that leads to as well.

That's it for now! Stand by for more developments soon. I will get this guy. Karma is a motherf@cker!

blue
    2002 trans am

not cool.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Just goes to prove, there are losers everywhere, I would be pissed too.

yeah i think the best bet is to contact their local police dept i got scammed out of some wheels on a different site and contacted the police and was able to recover half my money and another guy did also after getting the police contact info

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

If you payed via Paypal you should be covered up to 2,000 dollars. I got scamed for 50 bucks (I know its way less than you) and Paypal gave me my money back after a short time. They will try to get a response from the seller if he doesnt respond in a certain amount of time you win automatically. I hope you get your money back man-that really sucks!!!

18D Cock Diesel

UPDATE!!

I just got an email from Chris Caprio this evening. Here it is:

"Tom,
    I am in no way ripping you off. I left it up to my
    suppliers to get the parts out like they have never
    had a problem doing in the past and I was on vacation
    for the past week so my phone was not working. I
    apologize that you have no received your parts you
    definately should have had them by now. If you would
    like I can sort this out with my suppliers and get
    everything rushed to you ASAP or I can refund your
    money if you like. I greatly apologize again for the
    confusion. This has never happened before and I am
    embaressed by it.

Chris"

1. You guys reading should know that Chris' supplier already told both Mark and myself that he hadn't ordered a thing.

2. Phone was not working because he was on vacation!? What a stupid excuse! They never disconnect my number when I take a vacation for a week!!

3.He never ordered any parts.

NOW LET ME SHARE WITH YOU GUYS WHAT HE REALLY IS SAYING IN HIS EMAIL TO ME (NO BULLSHIT VERSION):

"TOM,
    I JUST GOT CONTACTED BY THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ACTUALLY CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES. I THOUGHT THAT I GOT AWAY CLEAN WITH YOUR MONEY! I SHUT OFF MY PHONE AND TOOK DOWN MY WEBSITE. I EVEN STOPPED RESPONDING TO YOUR EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT MY MOM'S HOME NUMBER, ADDRESS, AND MY BIRTHDATE!

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T JUST GOING TO GO AWAY AND I MAY ACTUALLY GET ARRESTED FOR FRAUD. SOOOOO, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO, I WILL ACTUALLY GET YOU THE PARTS YOU ORDERED AND PAID FOR.....OR.....I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK.

I STILL CAN'T BALIEVE THAT YOU CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES AND WERE ABLE TO STILL TRACK ME DOWN. DAMN YOU MAN!!

-CHRIS"

I think that I will be getting my money soon! I emailed him back just this simple phrase: "Refund my money immediately." We'll see what happens.

Standby for more updates!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I agree fully-fk the parts-give me my money back now!!!!! I think you are dead on to what he is thinking. Like you said-who shuts off their phone and website cause they are on vacation pshhhhhhhhh!!! Plus the other lies you caught him in already like (no order was made). He is scared as a mf now. Good work man and hope you get a refund soon.

18D Cock Diesel

Thanks man!

I called his mom's house too. Yep...he's 24 and still lives at home!!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that! lol

I also found some more info on Chris Caprio...physical description. He is 6'2" and approximately 225 pounds with bodyfat in the 18-22% range. He was born in Bartlett, Illinois. Just one more nail in his coffin! He also claims to be close to his black belt (what a joke...I eat black belts for breakfast and shit insurgents).

Anyhow, no refund to PayPal as of yet. I'll give him a few more days before I follow up with the Illinois State Police.

I'll get my money...one way or another.

18D Cock Diesel

UPDATE!!!!

I got an email from PayPal stating that a refund is pending and that it should take approximately 7 days to process.

I'll withold judgment until I get the funds in my account. But so far it looks like I win! Hooah!

He thought he was gonna get $2668+ that easily? He must be DEE DEE DEE!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

you'll get the refund IF he has money in his paypal account.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

primer
    65 nova

Good work!!!
    I hope you get all your money back! black belt? ya black belt in bull sh!t. again! great job of tracking him down

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    you'll get the refund IF he has money in his paypal account.
    I dont know about that. Why would it only be up to 2,000 dollars protection if that was the case? I think the money is insured by paypal because if not everyone would just drain all the funds from their paypal account when someone had a problem with them.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 05-30-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn, I just bid on a Moser 12 bolt. I am gonna kill that mf if he rips me off! Swear to Christ.

I will rent something cheap on gas, drive up to his house KILL BILL style and fuck his sh*t up!!!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Damn, I just bid on a Moser 12 bolt. I am gonna kill that mf if he rips me off! Swear to Christ.

I will rent something cheap on gas, drive up to his house KILL BILL style and fuck his sh*t up!!!
    Same Guy??????

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nah, some guy in Kentucky. The auction hasn't ended, and I haven't met the reserve, but I am the high bidder, so fortunately I can still back out.

2600 bones!!! yikes

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea 2600 is a chunk!! I dont think I would risk spending big money on ebay after seeing this thread.

Thread Information