HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Adj. Lca Install Help!!

i ive had my adj lcas sittin in my garage for bout two months well tomorow im puttin em in round 2...SOOO i need to know the pre-install process..

What parts to grease with what kind of grease???????

also whats the right adjustment to use for the adjustable lcas, oh and i know they come at stock form, but im lowered...HOW WILL I KNOW?? what setting to have it on???

i allready know that im supposed to install it with the suspension loaded which is no prob cause im using my buddys lift....

Also i was told to use a oil gun on the lca or sumtin...how many pumps and is the a special adaptor to use for it cause it looks like the nipple thing on there wont work with a oil gun..thanks...this is for my 94 z by the way
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not sure on the adjustments because I bought the non-adjustable type. I just used marine grade lube on mine and have had zero issues. Just lube them and make sure you torque them down enough, if not they'll pop on launches and over bumps. Ask me how I know that. Torque spec is 87 ft/lb's

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    not sure on the adjustments because I bought the non-adjustable type. I just used marine grade lube on mine and have had zero issues. Just lube them and make sure you torque them down enough, if not they'll pop on launches and over bumps. Ask me how I know that. Torque spec is 87 ft/lb's
    lube what?? grease what?? lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

do your LCA's have a zerk fitting ( little nipples you use to put grease in) on each end? Sounds like they do from your first post. Just get a grease gun ( cheap at any parts store or wal-mart) and buy some marine grade grease and give 2-3 pumps in each fitting.

If you have the stock ones on now and don't have any problems, just measure the holes center to center - then adjust to the same setting. Also make sure you can get to the grease fittings after they're installed.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

start off by measuring the stock ones from center to center as suggested. install them. measure from fenderwell to tire on the front and rear side. this will give you an idea if the rear is centered in the wheel well. then, when you go and get an alignment, they can make the final adjustments to correct the thrust angle of the rear end. thrust angle is the rear end being turned left/right from the centerline of the vehicle. they can now correct this to zero.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information