Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A4 to M6?????

This is a discussion on A4 to M6????? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; A big stall auto is more impressive even just driving around than a manual. It is a whole new world. ...

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

A big stall auto is more impressive even just driving around than a manual. It is a whole new world. One foot on the foot rest one hand on the girls head and just cruzin.

black
    1993 mustang

u said it brother!!!

Black w/red Stripes
    1999 Z28

amen on the weak window motors!

Dark Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

So I lost 3rd and 4th gear in my 4l60e, have no idea what happen, just seems to be in neutral when it trys to shift to what is supposed to be 3rd gear, anyone know why?? I dont know much about them...

Heres another question, if my transmission is bad what would be a good recommendation on a transmission to buy thats more for performance and good for street??? Not planning on racing at the strip but I want some solid performance, i'm making like 400 hps....

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tlurkws6 View Post
    So I lost 3rd and 4th gear in my 4l60e, have no idea what happen, just seems to be in neutral when it trys to shift to what is supposed to be 3rd gear, anyone know why?? I dont know much about them...

Heres another question, if my transmission is bad what would be a good recommendation on a transmission to buy thats more for performance and good for street??? Not planning on racing at the strip but I want some solid performance, i'm making like 400 hps....

you should start a new thread for this or have done a search but its no biggie.

your 4l60e most likely needs a rebuild. talk to some of the sponsors on the board and im sure they can help you out (which why your own thread wouldve helped). ive heard about upgrading to a beast sunshell (an internal part) and a couple other things that really help out the 60e. im really not that knowledgeable when it comes to autos but i know that you should definitely put a trans cooler on it as soon as its rebuilt if you havent already.

Black w/red Stripes
    1999 Z28

I have a friend who does strictly chevy transmissions, I had the same issue when I bought my car (the price was right for a small fix). He said Generally the 4l60es loose 3rd and 4th clutches, possibly a valve body, and after about 120,000 a pump is a good idea while you already have the tranny out. I got out at less than $250 in parts, so not really that big of a deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information