Thread: A4 to M6

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

A4 to M6

i have a question. i want to know if its possible to convert an A4 z28 to manual? what parts would it require? i found a 99 ss with all the parts to donate to my z28. im more of a stick shift person. i know the fox bodied mustangs have it possibe but no one ever talks about these beasts..thanks

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yes its possible

98' trans am

besides the cutting you need to re-flash/change your pcm to recognize it as a m6. needs new trans mounts, you will also want to put a new gears in..like 2.73+ since the t-56s like the higher gear ratio. need the hydrolic system. clutch ect. um need the clutch pedal. plus i believe the trans to engine connection is diff..but i'm not sure about that. But before all of that you should get your transmission beefed up before you drop it in. 3-4 fork,shims ect. also make sure you get the 01-02 edition of the hydrolics. and do the drill mod. it is possible and some have done it hopes this helps

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

the pcm i understand, would the hydrolic be what helps depress the clutch that came with the stick shifts? i found the clutch pedal assembly, the tranny with a short shift, and as for the gears i would upgrade when i drop in a 12 bolt, i can probably just get the ecu from the the SS and just plug in. the tranny mounts ill go with polyurethane. cutting? clutch ill go with ls6 or 7 will i need a new flywheel? what about driveshaft?or the torque arm? will the tranny just go in or will it have to be moved back a bit?

98' trans am

hmm the hydrolic system includes the master and slave. i really dont know man..trans arent my thing

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

trans arent mine either, my 5.0 i owned had a big thick book that explained everything about it including modifications and would describe every aspect about it...but dont know any for my camaro. would it be better to just stick with the a4 and just beef it up. i just dont see them as exciting and fun as a stick shift

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DANs1998Z View Post
    trans arent mine either, my 5.0 i owned had a big thick book that explained everything about it including modifications and would describe every aspect about it...but dont know any for my camaro. would it be better to just stick with the a4 and just beef it up. i just dont see them as exciting and fun as a stick shift

Thread Information