700-r4

This is a discussion on 700-r4 within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So i have to camaros and neither one of them drives right now. My 69 has a blown tranny and ...

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

700-r4

So i have to camaros and neither one of them drives right now. My 69 has a blown tranny and my 99 is in pieces right now slowly waiting for parts to do my aps tt build. Well i need to drive around because i hate using my roomates gto all the time.

So i bought a stage 2 700r4 from bowtie overdrives awhile back to put in my 69 camaro. So i thought why not pull the engine from my 99 next week along with everything and dropping it into my 69 so i can drive that sucker around for awhile.

Would the 700r4 bolt up to the ls1, i figure it should. or would it be easier to get a 4l and drop it in with it, i have a little bit a side cash to work with.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i decided not to drop the ls in it, a bit too much work, so i am going to do a quick rebuild on my old block and get a top end kit for it, i am going to get a ridiculousy large cam, i need something fast in the mean time.

Thread Information