Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4.30s in A4

This is a discussion on 4.30s in A4 within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by shady milkman well i will agree 100% the 6 liter platform is better to work of of..gotta ...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well i will agree 100% the 6 liter platform is better to work of of..gotta love the 4" bores ..i am no spray expert..so i cant guarantee anything in those terms..but i do know the 317s have a larger CC and is widely used for F/I ... it is common for those 317s to be milled to drop the CC for n/a builds..your goal of low 10s or 9s for under 3k is tough..mind you curtis and many others are running 408s built and are in the 10s ..takes a shit load of work. i would stay off the shelf in terms of cams...this is why....most off the shelp cams are designed for specific set ups....as yours will be a more extreme set up..a cam will/should be tailored for a low gear like yours and such a high stall ... your heads and intake will also play a huge roll. So id call up comp or patrick G and let them know your set ups and goals. If going with the 4" bore look into the ls3 heads etc...get yourself into a ls3 top end and it will be very beneficial
    My buddy said he had a pair of 6.2L heads, but would they be an exact bolt up fir either 6.0 block?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I like this thread...a little heated arguement but not disrespectful. Keep up the good work boys.

I believe the 6.2 heads bolt up fine to the 6.0 block, but the intake manifold requires a little research. The 6.2 heads are rectangular port, not cathedral port like the LS1/6 intake

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    My buddy said he had a pair of 6.2L heads, but would they be an exact bolt up fir either 6.0 block?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I like this thread...a little heated arguement but not disrespectful. Keep up the good work boys.

I believe the 6.2 heads bolt up fine to the 6.0 block, but the intake manifold requires a little research. The 6.2 heads are rectangular port, not cathedral port like the LS1/6 intake
    you can get a ls3 intake/injectors for 350 bucks...the ls3 is a great intake..yes the 6.2s will bolt onto the 6 liter block..the only real requirement is a 4"+ bore

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

you can get a ls3 intake/injectors for 350 bucks...the ls3 is a great intake..
    aaa..there we go. The LS3 intake solves that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Thunder Racing went low 10s with their "cam-only" 01 pewter T/A. Can you blame me for trying to put something together similar
    We cannot blame you for wanting to, but ignoring advice that you asked for is something we can blame you for. That TR cam only car was built to sell parts, and there is a LOT more than meets the eye to cars like that. Most guys are not able to replicate those results, yet they spend thousands trying to.

As far as the FAST intake and dyno results... they're a lot like high stall torque converters. The dyno doesn't always show the true results. Some may lose or gain dyno power, but the car almost always goes quicker - mine picked up over 2mph.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

you can get a ls3 intake/injectors for 350 bucks...the ls3 is a great intake..yes the 6.2s will bolt onto the 6 liter block..the only real requirement is a 4"+ bore
    Really? That cheap? I think we may be on to something here... will report back in about a week. Big thanks to you and cutlass

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information