black
    1999 pontiac trans am ws6

Cool 323s to 373s what performance diffrence will i exp

Hey my rearend is acting up I'm switching to 373s from 323s what will I feel as far as performance in diffrence? How will around town be an highway an wat can I expect from 0 to 60 with slp air induction an cutouts wit the 373s? Thanks

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well your gonna definitly feel the 3.73 gears from the 3.23's even though your moving up from the 3.23's. Its more noticable going from 2.73's but even though. The SLP lid and cut out will add power no doubt but will not be noticable as the gears. You will get to your power quicker and stay there longer, you will notice it especially on take off. If you haven already get a tune for your gears if you care about your speedo otherwise your good. Dont focuse too much on 0-60 because that comes down to several things, but with good traction you should do better then before no doubt. Your next mods if you have an A4 is stall and tune if not just enjoy the gears, hehe.

1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

3.73's will wake that car up! It is amazing the difference it makes. You'll wonder why you waited for it!

black

Hey thanks guys I'm really looking forward to it I can't wait I'm excited!

Now you said stall for the a4 I do have an a4 how should I go about stall are there diffrent typs is so witch is better as far as performance an price?

3600 or 3800stall for the set up you have add a full exhaust and LS6 intake with p&p tb and a tune your set to go from now lol just .02

black

Koo thanx all that sounds good do u kno where I can get an ls6 for cheap I kno slp has there's for about 500 or 6 I'm not sure I kno its somewhere arnounf those nums an wat about a lsx intake will that bolt on or is there some cutting an pasting to get that to work lol

Quote Originally Posted by blkws6 View Post
    Koo thanx all that sounds good do u kno where I can get an ls6 for cheap I kno slp has there's for about 500 or 6 I'm not sure I kno its somewhere arnounf those nums an wat about a lsx intake will that bolt on or is there some cutting an pasting to get that to work lol

do you have any plans down the line on moding your engine more then just bolt ons, like heads and cam stuff like that?

black

yea i am im planing on changing the heads bigger cam i saw some ls6 high performance heads from gm boasting up to 450 horse for about 1000 bucks are those a good choice i kno theres also patriot ls6 stage two heads for about the same price whats better or what other heads are out there and and what cam would be best i live in ca so there are smog laws but i want the rumpty rump sound of a nice cam but pass smog what r the best ways to go anyone kno

if you plan on doing heads and cam i would wait and buy a FAST 92/92 intake, now you are in CA i realy dont know to much about what h/c set you should go with b/c of all that smog crap, im sure there is other people here that can help you out alot more then i can with all that h/c smog laws in CA. i dont know if you car is 100% stock but if it is you need to get a lid as well and a set of SFC

White
    1998 Trans Am

I just swapped my 3.23 for 3.73 friday. Revs a little higher on the highway but not much more than 3.23's.
    I am doing a 6spd swap in Oct or Nov so these will work well with that till I get the cam and nitrous then plans for a 9" with 4.11 or 4.30's not sure yet.
    You'll like the 3,73's just make sure they retune your shift points for the new gears. I took the car out and hit the gas it dowshifted into second on the highway and banged off the revlimiter. They went in and bumped my idle a couple hundred rpm to off set the pulley for charging the alt and 1st shifted ok. Going into get it fixed tomorrow.

None

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I just swapped my 3.23 for 3.73 friday. Revs a little higher on the highway but not much more than 3.23's.
    I am doing a 6spd swap in Oct or Nov so these will work well with that till I get the cam and nitrous then plans for a 9" with 4.11 or 4.30's not sure yet.
    You'll like the 3,73's just make sure they retune your shift points for the new gears. I took the car out and hit the gas it dowshifted into second on the highway and banged off the revlimiter. They went in and bumped my idle a couple hundred rpm to off set the pulley for charging the alt and 1st shifted ok. Going into get it fixed tomorrow.
    they have a better pull, and are great for a driver!
    Last edited by SS02; 04-19-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Black
    02 T/A WS6

I have 3.73 in my m6. I love it, just make sure you get it done right, else you will be paying in the long run....

black

kool alll sonds good as far as stock i have the slp cold hir and the cut outs i wana switch out the intake for something more agresive like a ls6 or the fast intake i heard about on here should i get the 92mm throtle body from fast too? an does anyone kno wats the best cam to get an heads

yea if you do h/c get the FAST 92 with the 92mm tb

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

yea i am im planing on changing the heads bigger cam i saw some ls6 high performance heads from gm boasting up to 450 horse for about 1000 bucks are those a good choice i kno theres also patriot ls6 stage two heads for about the same price whats better or what other heads are out there and and what cam would be best i live in ca so there are smog laws but i want the rumpty rump sound of a nice cam but pass smog what r the best ways to go anyone kno
    If your going cam and heads w/ the rumpty rump your not going to be smog legal accept that now. Unless your doing worked heads and small cam like me in the future you need a stall.
    And howdy local I got some friends out your way.

black

Nice! Yea its koo to see local people on here so if ur going wit the worked heads an smaller cam how will that do for smog like if there's a way to get that nice cam sound and still pass I'm good cuz I love that bad nasty cam sound nothing says muscle car more then that. An blk firebird if I do decide to go with the fast 92 set up what heads work best with that

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Nice! Yea its koo to see local people on here so if ur going wit the worked heads an smaller cam how will that do for smog like if there's a way to get that nice cam sound and still pass I'm good cuz I love that bad nasty cam sound nothing says muscle car more then that. An blk firebird if I do decide to go with the fast 92 set up what heads work best with that
    Well first off the cam biggest that would wrok is a 224 cam. If you stay smog legal you can't get headers, and that screws up the potential of the cam, and shorties don't provide gains just looks. I have a buddy who has a 224 w/ stock manifolds but he has no tune so I have no idea what he is making. No smog shop will smog you if you get a fast, at least you would have to keep the egr/air. Your best bet is finding someone who will overlook visual but that is a voyage that you have do on your own, those smog guys are out there. Quite frankly the smog laws are bullshit, my car gets almost 2mpg better w/ headers(and high flow cats) yet it's illegal

Best combo for small cam that I have learned recently for small cam, is more compression over better flow. So for me getting worked 5.3's I sacrifice flow over 243's but w/ a smaller cam it can't utilize the flow anyway since it's smaller has less duration etc.
    Smog legal biggest 224/224 114
    manifolds
    keeping air/egr
    or you can by bass that and go stall and gears get mid 12's, i'm stubborn and went heads only (absolute stock sound) and hoping for mid high 12's

black

Oh ok kool that sounds big for smog leagle does that give a good smog sound? And maybe ill go with that an see if I can get headers maybe I can find someone to overlook those and pass that bitch lol but yea I'm getting the 373s thursday! I can't wait to see I mean feel the diffrence! Now I got one cut out on my right side right under the axel I just got a borla. Muffler with another cut out righe before the muffler if I cut an weld it to the leftside in the same spot is the right will that make any diffrence in sound and airflow and performance?? Or would I lose tomuch back preasure?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I got a used LS6 intake off a newer TA and got a ported and polished TB and I thing the whole setup costed about 360. the TB was brand new and had all new sensors after sending my core it cost like $120 and the LS6 was like $240 or 250. Fast 92 may give you a couple extra horse but will cost alot more. I plan on doing a Larger Intake(maybe Fast or one of the other new ones that I've seen coming out soon) when I get the forged motor H/C and the 200 shot. until them a LS6 flows good for a mildly modded car for a good price.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information