3.73's vs computer

This is a discussion on 3.73's vs computer within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

1995 Z-28

3.73's vs computer

I have a 1995 Camaro Z-28 and I put in 3.73 gears in the rear end and I canít get my on board computer to adjust. I bought a Hypertech programmer and have talked to Hypertech and they canít figure out why it is not working. I hear the dealers can fix the problem but wont because it is not a stock item.

Since I put these new Eaton gears and positraction in the ABS INOP light will not go off. If it does go off then the anti locking brakes start working.

Hypertech is trying to find a code that will work but not having much luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

This may sound stupid but have you tried removing the negitive battery cable, screwing it back in, running the car and then using the programmer???

1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Follow the instructions in the Hypertech for setting the rollout. Put a mark on your tire and the ground and then have the tire roll one complete rotation and mark the ground. Measure the distance and then I cant remember the rest but you have to divide that by something.....

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

If you have a 2 series carrier and put a 3 series gear in it, you have to change the reluctor ring or the ABS light will come on, just as you described.

Thread Information