6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

2006 GTO Gear Ratios

I found this old spreadsheet for the M6 Camaros, specifically it was set up for my 99 Camaro SS M6.

I modified it to match, best I know, to the 06 GTO M6. Maybe 05 and 04, too?

Anyway, here it is (attached) if anyone is interested. Please let me know if you see anything wrong. But, from my experience and a little experimenting, these numbers seem to be 'spot on'.

PS... had to upload in zip format due to size. Let me know or email me if you can't get the file and I'll email it to you.
    Tom 06 GTO
    Spice Red 6 Speed 18" Wheels

Used to Be... Tom 02 Z28 - 6/01 to 8/06
    My 02 Z28 - Sold 8/27/06

Used to Be... Tom 99 SS - Gathering 3 & 4 Days
    My 99 SS - Still on Sal's Website

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

By the way, one thing I noticed on this.

On the 1/4 mile, you should be going through the traps right at the meat of the power curve in 4th gear... the 1:1 gear (least resistance?) which should help w/ the time slip.

On my 99 SS M6, you had to shift 3rd to 4th about a second before the traps. I tried a few times just blowing through in 3rd and a few times hit the rev limiter. When I didn't, I didn't post great numbers anyway.

I think that kind of set up (on the M6 f-bodies) made getting the best times more difficult.

I haven't run the GTO yet. But, it seems the 3.46 rear and slightly smaller tire diameter makes it a better setup for the 1/4 mile.

Any thoughts from the more 1/4 mile experienced guys?

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Wow, that kinda stinks that you have to shift to 4th gear towards the end. I thought you guys had similar gearing to us F Body owners. Looks like I was wrong. That shift costs alot of time IMHO. You may be in the meat of your gear, but a shift is going to take atleast a tenth of a sec. of your time typically.

Nice information though. I'll try to pass it on to the other GTO members I know.
    2001 T/A WS6 M6
    LS6 Cam/Springs, Lid, SLP Pulley, Magnaflow Catback, TBCB, Richmond 4.10 gearing, Panhard Rod, Strut Tower Brace, Low Control Arms, Lou Thesz Short Stick
    Dyno 351rwhp/341rwtq, and tuned by RacePrep via HP Tuners.

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

I had to do that in my 99 Camaro SS. The GTO is a little better set up with a 3.46 rear and a little smaller tires.

I see you have the 4.10 rear, so not a problem for you. But, if you had the factory 3.42 rear and close to stock HP, you'd be doing the 3-4 shift right at the speed trap.

I'm guessing you go through the traps in 4th with your setup, right?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wouldnt it be better NOT to shift into 4th??? top of 3rd is like 105 right? or get a power programer and raise your rev limiter a few hundred just for track days

6 Speed / Spice Red

Spice Red
    06 GTO

Some guys did that on the M6 fbodies, but I didn't want to push the red line. My top speeds were 106-107.... sucks, eh?

The GTO looks like a lot sweeter setup for the track. 3rd redlines at 95, 4th at 135.

Thread Information