Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

10 bolt is no more

Went out for a crusie after a long day at work and after playing around for a little while I was just cruisin on back home and got on it a little bit and heard this pop, and sounded like something was dragging or maybe a spun rod bearing. Pulled into a parking lot and it went away, tried to back up and the car stopped dead I knew instantly I blew up the rear! I need to get some pics, but the ring gear tore a pretty good sized hole/gash in the cover.

Just got my car running 3 weeks ago after the motor hydrolocked... Now would be an excellent time for a fuck my life smiley

Here comes a 12 bolt or 9"

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

damn dude, sorry. Do you the cash to get a 12 bolt or 9"? Im having my own problems with cam install, if that makes you feel any better. Sorry to hear your car is down again. That really sucks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sorry man

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    damn dude, sorry. Do you the cash to get a 12 bolt or 9"? Im having my own problems with cam install, if that makes you feel any better. Sorry to hear your car is down again. That really sucks
    Whats goin on with your cam install? I haven't checked that thread out yet so maybe that will be answered in a few. I DO NOT have the cash for a new rear since I just spent it all on my new motor and cam/ supporting mods, but I should in about 2 weeks (next pay). I'm gonna see if I can pull one from a junkyard and have it fabbed up for a decent price, otherwise I'm just gonna bite the bullet. Also, anyone selling a 10 bolt with 3.42's for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Sorry man
    Ahh, whatever...It sucks but what's another few weeks when you were without a car for 5 months (all the while had no way of getting around, and your gf was seeing another guy behind your back)? I'm kinda used to dissapointment lately and I'm sure it will do nothing more than make me a stronger person in the long run... I knew it was gonna happen, I just hoped it would last another month or two.

End of 2008/ beginning of 2009 are just not goin well for me
    Last edited by 01ws6er; 03-20-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Whats goin on with your cam install? I haven't checked that thread out yet so maybe that will be answered in a few. I DO NOT have the cash for a new rear since I just spent it all on my new motor and cam/ supporting mods, but I should in about 2 weeks (next pay). I'm gonna see if I can pull one from a junkyard and have it fabbed up for a decent price, otherwise I'm just gonna bite the bullet. Also, anyone selling a 10 bolt with 3.42's for cheap

Ahh, whatever...It sucks but what's another few weeks when you were without a car for 5 months (all the while had no way of getting around, and your gf was seeing another guy)? I'm kinda used to getting raped in the bum... I knew it was gonna happen, I just hoped it would last another month or two.

End of 2008/ beginning of 2009 are just not goin well for me
    It will get better. I went 5-6 months without my previous Camaro at one point, it sucks. Don't let it get to ya though.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Wow, GF screwing another dude. Car broke. Car fixed. Car broke again. That blows hard core.

Well, I pinched my oil pick up tube o-ring in half. But luckily I took it back off for a REALLY dumb reason . But that really dumb reason saved my ass from putting it all back together and having no oil pressure!!!

Then today, I realized I that 7.3 push rods were in the engine. The base circle on my cam is VERY VERY close to what came out and I bought 7.4 length PR's. So That sucks, PR;s wont be here till Tuesday. Payed for 2 day air shipping.

Yours is alot more costly, but I also just drained my rear end oil and am taking the rear gears out tomorrow to replace with 4.11's. So I too am paying for the rear end work. Just not a whole new rear end!!! This hobby is quite the expensive one, Im sorry you are experiencing that big time right now. I also just spent 414$ on two Nitto DR's becuase I roasted my almost brand new BFG KWD ta's last summer off with a 3 mintue burnout. I was drunk ( didnt drive, just sat there)

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    It will get better. I went 5-6 months without my previous Camaro at one point, it sucks. Don't let it get to ya though.
    That's what I mean... I already went from October 2nd, 2008 to February 27, 2009 without the car (almost 5 months) so it's kinda like "whatever" now. I am gonna get my brother's 86 buick electra inspected and rock it out for a few weeks. That car is PIMP

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

That's what I mean... I already went from October 2nd, 2008 to February 27, 2009 without the car (almost 5 months) so it's kinda like "whatever" now. I am gonna get my brother's 86 buick electra inspected and rock it out for a few weeks. That car is PIMP
    Wait, are you the guy who had the tranny at the trans shop for AN UN-GODLY amount of time?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Wow, GF screwing another dude. Car broke. Car fixed. Car broke again. That blows hard core.

Well, I pinched my oil pick up tube o-ring in half. But luckily I took it back off for a REALLY dumb reason . But that really dumb reason saved my ass from putting it all back together and having no oil pressure!!!

Then today, I realized I that 7.3 push rods were in the engine. The base circle on my cam is VERY VERY close to what came out and I bought 7.4 length PR's. So That sucks, PR;s wont be here till Tuesday. Payed for 2 day air shipping.

Yours is alot more costly, but I also just drained my rear end oil and am taking the rear gears out tomorrow to replace with 4.11's. So I too am paying for the rear end work. Just not a whole new rear end!!! This hobby is quite the expensive one, Im sorry you are experiencing that big time right now. I also just spent 414$ on two Nitto DR's becuase I roasted my almost brand new BFG KWD ta's last summer off with a 3 mintue burnout. I was drunk ( didnt drive, just sat there)
    Well she didn't scew him till we broke up oficially, only reason she's not in a box right now...(long story)

Yea, that sucks I thought I had ordered the wrong length pushrods too, then figured out I was just checking the length and lash incorrectly.

And I will be putting either 4.11's or 4.30's in my car, still kinda undecided, but I don't want a 28" tire, so I may just go with the 4.11's.

Oh, and that is HILARIOUS about the 3 min burnout Smokin tires never killed anyone

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well she didn't scew him till we broke up oficially, only reason she's not in a box right now...(long story)

Yea, that sucks I thought I had ordered the wrong length pushrods too, then figured out I was just checking the length and lash incorrectly.

And I will be putting either 4.11's or 4.30's in my car, still kinda undecided, but I don't want a 28" tire, so I may just go with the 4.11's.

Oh, and that is HILARIOUS about the 3 min burnout Smokin tires never killed anyone
    What size is your cam? 4.11 will probably do it fine depending if the cam wants a really steep gear.

My GF called me a dumbass when I came home with the new tires mounted on the WS6 rims today. She knows why I needed them. The fucked up thing about it is, she didnt even come outside to see the damn burnout. I mean, That is probably the longest burnout I will ever do, and she didnt even care to see it. Piss's me off. The Nitto 555R's will not be burned off, I gurantee you that! That was stupid, Even if I did have two smokin hot girls sitting in the car loving it and a crowd full or people screaming. Crowds of people make tires burn for some reason?

Dude, look on tech, I see 9" and 12 bolts going for 1700 and under very often on there. Buying one from a junkyard and fabbing it up to work will probably cost just as much as buying one used.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Wait, are you the guy who had the tranny at the trans shop for AN UN-GODLY amount of time?
    No, my motor hydrolocked and I am poor as shit.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

No, my motor hydrolocked and I am poor as shit.
    Alright, different dude then. Im happy that wasnt you, I felt embarrassed for that dude for taking it in his ass so hard for so long from the tranny shop!

Best of luck dude. Your could save money and buy another 10 bolt, but really... its just gonna break again. I say just save up and buy a 9". Hell, IMO.... if your working steadily, put it on a CC and just pay it off ASAP. Why not. I hate to encourage CC spending, but if you can pay it off within 2 months with making big steady payments do it. Get it back on the road ASAP for summer. Just a thought.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

What size is your cam? 4.11 will probably do it fine depending if the cam wants a really steep gear.

My GF called me a dumbass when I came home with the new tires mounted on the WS6 rims today. She knows why I needed them. The fucked up thing about it is, she didnt even come outside to see the damn burnout. I mean, That is probably the longest burnout I will ever do, and she didnt even care to see it. Piss's me off. The Nitto 555R's will not be burned off, I gurantee you that! That was stupid, Even if I did have two smokin hot girls sitting in the car loving it and a crowd full or people screaming. Crowds of people make tires burn for some reason?

Dude, look on tech, I see 9" and 12 bolts going for 1700 and under very often on there. Buying one from a junkyard and fabbing it up to work will probably cost just as much as buying one used.
    Cam specs in sig:

My ex used to love doing burnouts, as long as the car didn;t start drifting around. And yea, that's bs she didn't watch cause a 3 min burnout is f*$&%^ ridiculous! Longest I've ever done was about 30 sec to a min and it was a 1/4 mile long powerbrake to officially kill my last set of tires (already had a new set). I need to find the pics of it....

Maybe I'll look on tech, but ya never know how beat that shit is though...
    Last edited by 01ws6er; 03-20-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    01' Ws6: Bolt ons, TD's, stock 241 heads, 230/230 .612/.592 111+2

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Alright, different dude then. Im happy that wasnt you, I felt embarrassed for that dude for taking it in his ass so hard for so long from the tranny shop!

Best of luck dude. Your could save money and buy another 10 bolt, but really... its just gonna break again. I say just save up and buy a 9". Hell, IMO.... if your working steadily, put it on a CC and just pay it off ASAP. Why not. I hate to encourage CC spending, but if you can pay it off within 2 months with making big steady payments do it. Get it back on the road ASAP for summer. Just a thought.
    That's why I'm broke, damn CC's I was so good with my credit until about a year ago and I f'ed it up by spending and not paying as much... I'm moving home next week, so all that money is now gonna be all mine though

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

sorry to hear about the rear. I just got my camaro on the road for the first time today. Took it out for a drive and relized the ses light is on, the temp gauge doesn't work, the e brake light stays on, I forgot to bleed the rear breaks so I have to pump them up for them to work. But other wise car runs great.

As far as a rear goes I swapped mine out for a reason. I went from 2.73 to 3.42. When I opened up the 2.73 I saw a lot of metal and quickly closed it back up and it went in the garage for storage. So I can't help you with my old rear.

If you can spare about $200 - $300 there is a fbody salvage yard in bristol
    http://stores.ebay.com/Fparts_W0QQss...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    that is the link to his ebay store

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

O, sorry to hear about the CC debt. I have zero, and I always fall back on it just to build some credit. Hopefully you get it all worked out, im sure you will make the right choice.

9"

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    sorry to hear about the rear. I just got my camaro on the road for the first time today. Took it out for a drive and relized the ses light is on, the temp gauge doesn't work, the e brake light stays on, I forgot to bleed the rear breaks so I have to pump them up for them to work. But other wise car runs great.

As far as a rear goes I swapped mine out for a reason. I went from 2.73 to 3.42. When I opened up the 2.73 I saw a lot of metal and quickly closed it back up and it went in the garage for storage. So I can't help you with my old rear.

If you can spare about $200 - $300 there is a fbody salvage yard in bristol
    http://stores.ebay.com/Fparts_W0QQss...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    that is the link to his ebay store
    SES light may be from 02 sensors or vaccum leak. The temp guage doesn't work because you wither forgot to plug in the little sensor on the drivers side, front of the head or you ripped the wires out. Hows it running and how's it feel with those 3.42's?

The only rears they have in the link are from Lt1 cars if that matters?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

SES light may be from 02 sensors or vaccum leak. The temp guage doesn't work because you wither forgot to plug in the little sensor on the drivers side, front of the head or you ripped the wires out. Hows it running and how's it feel with those 3.42's?

The only rears they have in the link are from Lt1 cars if that matters?
    Well i made my own 02 exts that might cause it I doubt its a vaccum leak I am going to get the code read tomorrow before I have to work. The temp guage I think I broke the wire or sensor b/c I was careless so that won't be that bad.

The 3.42s run GREAT and with the frost tune that car is nuts. With the shitty tires I have on the car I am all over the road.

For the rear I would call them on monday and see if they have something that would work. I am unaware if the lt1 rear will work for your car. If you end up getting another 10 bolt and need a hand I have experience now let me know.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

O, sorry to hear about the CC debt. I have zero, and I always fall back on it just to build some credit. Hopefully you get it all worked out, im sure you will make the right choice.

9"
    Me too lol. 9" is the way I hope to go, but I may get a cheap 10 bolt and limp it along until then...

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Well i made my own 02 exts that might cause it I doubt its a vaccum leak I am going to get the code read tomorrow before I have to work. The temp guage I think I broke the wire or sensor b/c I was careless so that won't be that bad.

The 3.42s run GREAT and with the frost tune that car is nuts. With the shitty tires I have on the car I am all over the road.

For the rear I would call them on monday and see if they have something that would work. I am unaware if the lt1 rear will work for your car. If you end up getting another 10 bolt and need a hand I have experience now let me know.
    Nice, yea Frost is the shit. I was gonna be going down to have my car full tuned by him in april, but now it looks as if that's gonna be set back again!!! I'll be hitting you up for some advice definately, thanks for the link! Off to bed for me, have to be up at 5...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Just b/c I was bored I found a flashlight and checked out the car Im a dumbass and forgot to plut in the sensor

Thread Information