Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

10 bolt build up?

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

In theory the mods would help make the 10 bolt a little stronger and would help on the flexing of the axle housing, but that’s only one problem with a 10 bolt. The internal gears, bearings, and c-clips are also very weak points and are why 10bolts break. Personally I believe that putting money into a 10 bolt is pointless, because it’s not the matter of if it well break but more of when well it. The TA cover is a good add on tho since it comes with a drain plug and bearing caps, but it’s only mod I’d spend on a 10bolt. If you’re good with a welder and are welling to do some searching at the salvage yard you could pick up a 12 bolt or 9 inch some what cheap and put the 500 bucks into that and you would have a much stronger rearend.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

I didn't think there was a 10 bolt build up haha just save the money

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by vetteemt View Post
    In theory the mods would help make the 10 bolt a little stronger and would help on the flexing of the axle housing, but that’s only one problem with a 10 bolt. The internal gears, bearings, and c-clips are also very weak points and are why 10bolts break. Personally I believe that putting money into a 10 bolt is pointless, because it’s not the matter of if it well break but more of when well it. The TA cover is a good add on tho since it comes with a drain plug and bearing caps, but it’s only mod I’d spend on a 10bolt. If you’re good with a welder and are welling to do some searching at the salvage yard you could pick up a 12 bolt or 9 inch some what cheap and put the 500 bucks into that and you would have a much stronger rearend.
    I been looking into that but no one can seem to tell me what it takes to get an 8.8 to work in an f-body. They all say it just as much as going with a brand new 12 bolt or 9 inch.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

send that guy a e-mail and find out if it held up to sticky tire's.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I been looking into that but no one can seem to tell me what it takes to get an 8.8 to work in an f-body. They all say it just as much as going with a brand new 12 bolt or 9 inch.
    That’s where if you’re good with a welder comes in. If you can weld your own spring perches, LCA attachment points, and make a bracket for the torque arm. Then the only thing you would have to have someone else do is short the axle tubes, and get shorter axles.
    Now if you have to pay someone to do all this then yes it would be about the same price just to buy a 12bolt or 9 inch readend assemble for an Fbody. With that said like zmg00camaross said just save your money putting money into a 10 bolt just not worth it. Also remember that it you beef up the rearend then the transmission is the next weak link.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by vetteemt View Post
    That’s where if you’re good with a welder comes in. If you can weld your own spring perches, LCA attachment points, and make a bracket for the torque arm. Then the only thing you would have to have someone else do is short the axle tubes, and get shorter axles.
    Now if you have to pay someone to do all this then yes it would be about the same price just to buy a 12bolt or 9 inch readend assemble for an Fbody. With that said like zmg00camaross said just save your money putting money into a 10 bolt just not worth it. Also remember that it you beef up the rearend then the transmission is the next weak link.
    I didn't think doing all that would cost over $1500 in welding.
    How is the T-56 next weak link?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    send that guy a e-mail and find out if it held up to sticky tire's.
    I did, no answer yet.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I didn't think doing all that would cost over $1500 in welding.
    How is the T-56 next weak link?
    On the M6 normally a clutch upgrade is needed, because the stock one well start having issues with dumping the clutch alot at the strip. Also stock ujoints and yokes on the drive shaft are things that seem to break in stock form.

Lets face it , if you making lots of torque like we are then multiply that torque via the gearing in the trans and reaend then adding sticky tires that don’t allow any slip that lots of torque that the stock part have to handle with launching in first gear.

Awaiting Activation

White
    2000 Trans Am

i blew the governor out of my a4 while spraying off the lights on the strip..275 nitto drags, also gotta real bad whine there after out of my rear end..lol i learned my lesson, won the race tho and drove it 50 miles home ha

Thread Information