black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Arrow What does a new SS run??

What does a 2006 SS silverado run in the 1/4 mile?? 6.0 with rear wheel drive and auto. trans. ofcourse? Does anyone have any know or have a guess?? My buddy is looking at getting one today or monday.

--thanks--
    BIGG JOE

did they do away with the awd system that was in them. i know the awd system they were runing stole a lot of power and they were pretty slow in the quarter.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

i dont know about the new one but the old all wheel drive was slow as shit. its weight offset the allwheel drive, cuz i could launch pretty much the same. but they die after bout 15-20, not die but lose the 1/4 car length advantage they had. this is from a 89 silverado owner.

6.93 at 100.3 mph
    1992 Camaro RS

i dont know what they will run in the quarter, but the 06 pickup with the vortec max will outrun the ss pickup from a dead stop and from a kick. both have the same engine. the ss was 2wd ext. cab and the vortec max was 4wd ext cab.

black
    92 Sonoma GT

there like a mid to high 15 not very respectable at all.

they should be 2wd, with a supercharged ls2, or ls7. then they would kick ass and could justify there expensive ass pricetag

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by sid2387
    they should be 2wd, with a supercharged ls2, or ls7. then they would kick ass and could justify there expensive ass pricetag
    I agree. Right now they are turds. Who wants an SS entended cab anyway? What a joke. If they plan to get to the level of the Lightning then GM better pull their heads out. Or just get rid of the damn SS badge on that truck. It's a disgrace.

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

I know this sounds bad but GM needs to take a tip from dodge! they need to take the pickup make it a single cab thats fairly low with some meats in the back. then put an LS7 engine and 6-speed behind it. That i would buy.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5662
    I know this sounds bad but GM needs to take a tip from dodge! they need to take the pickup make it a single cab thats fairly low with some meats in the back. then put an LS7 engine and 6-speed behind it. That i would buy.

That or add a blower

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

blower is always nice. i think naturally aspirated has more bragging rights though. but thats comming from a person who doesnt have the $ for a blower

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

modiablity of a blower set-up is sexy

Indigo Blue Metallic
    2001 GMC Ext.Cab Z71

Most SS trucks run low 15s stock. Some might sqeek into a high high 14 but that is the average at a regular track with a decent driver. Obiously things are different and slow high elevation tracks or with crappy drivers.
    '01 GMC Ext.Cab Z71 433rwhp 408rwtq @ 5psi, HO 5.3L, Radix Supercharger, GTP S2+ heads, 226 cam, 43lb injectors, 4L80E, PI 3000stall. Old Time with STS Turbo 12.33@110mph Raceweight 5250lbs and est. 550rwhp@15psi

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5662

Hey GM is coming around. Just look at all the new performance lines out.
    Trailblazer SS is definitly a step in the right direction. A colorado SS would be some serious fun though. ???????

chevy trux

i think u guys forgot one badass recent chevy truck... that would prolly eat a lightning.. the joe gibbs silverado.. they were puttin 400+ to the rear wheels...

victory red
    2006 , silverado ss

ss owner

you all can talk trash about the sss , but i love my truck and every sss owner will say the same. see all these trucks need is a custome pcm tune.. and your good to go. havent lost a race yet against other stock trucks... ( including the lightning , but haven not raced an srt/10 ). and guess what i can pull my 31 contender with out a problem. i like to see other sport trucks do that. so remember you cant really bash the sss unless you drive one.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydansss View Post
    you all can talk trash about the sss , but i love my truck and every sss owner will say the same. see all these trucks need is a custome pcm tune.. and your good to go. havent lost a race yet against other stock trucks... ( including the lightning , but haven not raced an srt/10 ). and guess what i can pull my 31 contender with out a problem. i like to see other sport trucks do that. so remember you cant really bash the sss unless you drive one.
    the srt-10 is slower than the lightning

oh yeah, and I don't believe a tune is NEAR enough to get you outrunning lightnings. Even if it was, all you need is a tune. . .and all they need is a pulley and you'll never see them again

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    the srt-10 is slower than the lightning

oh yeah, and I don't believe a tune is NEAR enough to get you outrunning lightnings. Even if it was, all you need is a tune. . .and all they need is a pulley and you'll never see them again

pulleys are my friend

2001 Black SS #5228

SS TB's are running low 14's and high 13's with a tune.

Thread Information