Tuning issues

This is a discussion on Tuning issues within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ok, i installed everything, but the dyno is broke so i am tuning on the fly...VERY BORING... I have noticed ...

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Question Tuning issues

Ok, i installed everything, but the dyno is broke so i am tuning on the fly...VERY BORING...

I have noticed a bit of leanin, and am fixing that from the VE...But what i have noticed is a wierd vibration at heavy loads and high rpm...There is no Knock, so i am Baffled...

I am going to try LS1 colder plugs and even the stock Iridium plugs...I have the bosch +4 plugs, and taylor wires with MSD coils...

The Bosch were fine till the wire wiggled loose on cylinder 7, I will also be replacin the wires for extra percautions...

Any comments?

Black

Ok,

I found out a couple of things while changing the plugs...Cylinder 7 & 8 are extremely lean and die to that it spoiled the plugs...

Has anyone had this before?

I put in the colder plugs, 4458, and it smoothed out the vibration, but i know its still an issue..

Also i installed the AEM bruteforce intake and i am gettin MAF codes, out performance...

Any solutions?

Black
    2007 Silverado

sure the connector is nice and tight?
    2007 RCSB 5.3L

Black

I found the taylors locks were getting loose, so i changed the whole arrangment. I changed the position of the coils from a high far position to LS1 style..Low and close. I even used LS1 sparkplug wires.

But i am gettin really tired of tuning, troobleshooting and tryin to fix all the time...
    The MAF sensor malfunctions at around 2000-2300RPM in thrid gear with high MAP...

I am still gettin a vibration even after i went to a colder plug...My tune is either too rich or lean, and it never holds...Last night i was rich, too rich, and now comin to the office i was lean...Instead of 13.0 i was 14.7 and last night instead of 13.0 i was 11.5..Thats too big of a drift...

Can any help me here...I am gettin tired and am thinkin about returing the rockerarms to stock and even the air filter kit...

Black

Unhappy Huh!!!

Ok, the dyno is working and i got a decent Tune in, However, i did notice a couple of thing that was odd...

1. The rear two sparkplugs for cylinder 7 & 8 were burnt on the side and i also saw that one of the strips were not in their proper position which happened to be right next to the burnt area on the electrod...I dont know if it was cause of physical damage or too rich or lean conditions...

I changed all the plugs from Bosch to NGK TR55...I still have a shimmer at low revs, but i think its cause the MAF is a bit rich..Will try fix it up durin the weekend....

2. I LOST 50hp in the process of installin the followin:

AEM intake kit, Modified to repel heat
    80mm BBK throttle tapered to 80 mm throughout
    Jet Spacer
    1.8 summit roller rocker arms
    MSD coils II
    Moroso wires for a LS1..(Shorter)
    Bassini equal length header
    Modified Stock exhaust
    Apexi super ground
    Additional Groundin kit

Please Help...I paid money for positive power, not negative...

Black
    2007 Silverado

shouldn't have lost power...what kinda dyno is it on?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by dozerdan View Post
    shouldn't have lost power...what kinda dyno is it on?
    Dynojet in CF DIN mode...

I am gong back to stock ratio but still roller rocker arms...I am going to try and isolate the issue. It could be the springs, the rocker arms or even the coils...But guessing doesnt work...Takin a step back so i may take two steps forward...

I will update when news is known...

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Dynojet in CF DIN mode...

I am gong back to stock ratio but still roller rocker arms...I am going to try and isolate the issue. It could be the springs, the rocker arms or even the coils...But guessing doesnt work...Takin a step back so i may take two steps forward...

I will update when news is known...
    Ok i changed the Rocker arms to 1.7 ratio but still roller...
    I returned the stock coils and plugs as well as taylor 10.4 wires...
    The dealership will take it out for a spin, and let me know if the issues are returnin...

My guess, i think the LS6 springs are too errr "tight" for the valvetrain, with the addition of the 1.8 are causin loss of power rather than gain...Hopefully i have solved it with returin the ratio to stock (HS physics in leverage)

I will keep yall posted on this progress...

Thread Information