Thread: True Dual

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Question True Dual

Has Any Used O2 Simulators When Make The Trucks True Dual Mufflers... Need Info. On What Works And If It Is Worth The Gain...
    I What To Make My Suburban With Dual Hooker Muffler And Need To Put A O2 Sim. Behind The Second Cat. Converter....

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

I have to admit i did a true dual on my 03 tahoe, regretfully i couldnt think, the pipes were too close to the chassis.

As for the o2 sims, save your money and ask a tuner to disable them...You will continue to get codes and it becomes irratatin..

Have fun with the exhaust system

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Ya I Was Only Tring To Get All My Mods Done Before I Get A Nelson Dyno Tune...
    The Diablo Sport Don't Geive Any Low End Tq, So I Change For A Single Hooker Muffler To The Two Mufflers With H-pipe... I Need To Do Something Because I Just Got Smoked By A Hemi Last Night... No Even Close On The Take Off... I Really Need A Very Good Tune And Get Ride Of The Dam Diablo...

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Another Question Is What Happens If I Do Not Put Any O2 Sim... And Do The The Dual Areo Chamber Muffler Any Way... Would The Check Eng. Light Come On Or Will It Miss Or What...

Black
    2007 Silverado

you don't want to do true duals...i had my last truck true dualed with 2.5" pipe back to two flowtech afterburners. it sounded bad ass and really helped my truck breath with the cam i chose, but there was a VERY noticible low end loss. just do a single 3" ORY back to a single aerochamber

Black
    2007 Silverado

as far as getting rid of your rear o2's all that will happen is your ses light will come on. all the rear o2's do is monitor what your cats are doing. it won't your truck to run without them. i would have your tuner turn them off though so the light won't be on
    2007 RCSB 5.3L

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

So The H-pipe Will Not Help With The Low End Tq... Mmm.... I Will Be Adding A Cam But Need To Get All The Lower Cost Mod's Frist So When I Install The Cam Will Work Better... I Also Looked Up The Cia " But They Cost $300+... I Was Thinking Of Just Custom Piping The Intake Pipe To Get Rid Of The Air Aid Induction... Will Drilling A Bigger Air Inlet To The Stock Air Box Help Some... What Would Be A Better Inlet Induction 3" Or 4".... I Am Open For For Any Addvice.... Thanks...

Black
    2007 Silverado

well your throttle body is 3.5"~...so prolly a 3.5" pipe. i forget what the problem but people who have used a 4" pipe on the 78mm TB get some kinda funny readings(i think maybe its the MAP that goes haywire...)

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

O.k. Thanks For The Info... I Will Be Hunting For Some 3.5'' Pipe To Make My Induction Pipe... Well The Company I Working For Will Be Letting Us Off For The Thanks Giving Holidays At Noon... Will Try To Play With The Diablo And Work On Air Intake Induction Pipe... Thanks Again.... Browntown It Is...tx... Deep In The South Of Texas....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

just because you get true duals doesnt mean you need o2 sims unless you are deleting your cats

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

That Right I Will Be Deleting The Cat On The Rear Because My Truck On Has Three And I Do Not Want To Buy Another One To Even It Out... So I Am Planning On Leaving The Shorty Headers And After The First Cat Cut Off The Y-pipe And H-pipe To Give The Nice Hollow Sound And Problable Shorten The Length Of The Muffler And Make Them Short And Down Ward... Hoping This Will Help When I Get Ready For A Cam...
    P.s. Does Any One Know If The 04 5.3l Heads Flow More Than The 02 5.3l Heads... They Have Diffent Casting Numbers But Look The Same... Thanks Guys...

Black
    2007 Silverado

same castings just different numbers. for some reason gm likes to change things around like that sometimes...do you have 706 or 853s?

Thread Information