Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Time for a new winter ride

This is a discussion on Time for a new winter ride within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; damn it i already bought the honda though it was funny when i was buying it though, the guy wanted ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    damn it i already bought the honda though it was funny when i was buying it though, the guy wanted to know if I planned on racing it

  2. #22
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    damn it i already bought the honda though it was funny when i was buying it though, the guy wanted to know if I planned on racing it


    Did he go over the step by step on how to engage the VTAKKKKKKKKKCCCKCKCKCKKK

  3. #23
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    haha no he was actually pretty cool, I told him I had an SS and this was just going to be a winter ride, he said he used to have a 96 z28. Don't know what went wrong though cause he then said he was building a eclipse gsx drag car

  4. #24
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    I don't share your enthusiasm for that choice Sherman. Good luck getting around in the snow in that. More than 3-4" and your done.
    We had front wheel drives back East, it's okay for light snow, but when you get dumped on (and you will) you'll be plowing snow with the front bumper and then it's tow truck time
    Got our first 4x4 living in Ohio back in the mid 80's, and never looked back. Everyone should have a 4x4 in the arsenol.

    Maybe you need to think about moving out here to the desert South West

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't share your enthusiasm for that choice Sherman. Good luck getting around in the snow in that. More than 3-4" and your done.
    We had front wheel drives back East, it's okay for light snow, but when you get dumped on (and you will) you'll be plowing snow with the front bumper and then it's tow truck time
    Got our first 4x4 living in Ohio back in the mid 80's, and never looked back. Everyone should have a 4x4 in the arsenol.

    Maybe you need to think about moving out here to the desert South West
    yea i know if it gets too deep it won't be going anywhere, like I said above if shit hits the fan I have access to a wrangler and a f350 if needed. this car is more just to keep the camaro out of the salt. Lol and I wouldn't call it enthusiasm for this thing, its cheap, it runs, doesn't leak, and won't be shown too much kindness hopefully it can take the abuse. I'll have another truck just can't afford a decent one at this time and didn't want to spend 2 grand on a rust bucket thats all

  6. #26
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    the guy wanted to know if I planned on racing it

    Against who? People on crutches?

  7. #27
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Against who? People on crutches?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Against who? People on crutches?
    Haha I think I might be able to take one of the fat ladies at wal mart on the electric wheel chairs at least

    Also just found of this is the hf model (High Fuel economy) which mean a whole 72hp from the factory

  9. #29
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    Haha I think I might be able to take one of the fat ladies at wal mart on the electric wheel chairs at least

    Also just found of this is the hf model (High Fuel economy) which mean a whole 72hp from the factory
    Sounds like good gas mileage to me. My buddy has a little bit newer style civic hatch that he drives in the winter while his SS is put away. It only has a mirror on the driver side. Supposedly its some sport model but who knows.

  10. #30
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Sounds like good gas mileage to me. My buddy has a little bit newer style civic hatch that he drives in the winter while his SS is put away. It only has a mirror on the driver side. Supposedly its some sport model but who knows.

    Saying that a honda civic is some sort of "sport" model is like dividing by zero.

  11. #31
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Saying that a honda civic is some sort of "sport" model is like dividing by zero.
    No doubt in that. He knows that but it's still funny going from a 408 stroker in the summer to a "sport" civic in the winter.

  12. #32
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Saying that a honda civic is some sort of "sport" model is like dividing by zero.
    Don't even joke like that!!! You want the world to end?


  13. #33
    Senior Member REVNORR82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NEW ALBANY
    Posts
    1,463

    silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Don't even joke like that!!! You want the world to end?

    Click for full size
    I know where that pic was taken lake berryessa norcal they actually call that the glory hole.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

    2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

  14. #34
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Something tells me if anyone jumped into that thing glory would be short lived..

  15. #35
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    I'm with Smittro. How would something like that get the name "Glory" ??

  16. #36
    Senior Member REVNORR82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NEW ALBANY
    Posts
    1,463

    silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

    I don't know why they call it that they are in California. My wife is from that area and when we were first dating she asked me if I wanted to go to the lake and see the glory hole needless to say I was very disappointed.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  17. #37
    Member NaviDyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St Louis
    Age
    44
    Posts
    115

    Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

    My LM7 Yukon (2002) gets about 13-14 in normal (city) use. With cruise at 70mph on road trips it still only hits 19mpg. If that is what you are looking for. I pretty much don't care myself.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    Quote Originally Posted by NaviDyn View Post
    My LM7 Yukon (2002) gets about 13-14 in normal (city) use. With cruise at 70mph on road trips it still only hits 19mpg. If that is what you are looking for. I pretty much don't care myself.
    I was just looking for cheap and running to keep from driving my ss in the snow and salt, I'll have another truck someday after I get my car paid down.

  19. #39
    Member NaviDyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St Louis
    Age
    44
    Posts
    115

    Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    I was just looking for cheap and running to keep from driving my ss in the snow and salt, I'll have another truck someday after I get my car paid down.
    Understandable. I bought my ride in 2007. That was when gas first hit about $3.00 a gallon, and the original owner didn't want it anymore. They are a pretty good deal, I do have to say.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    yep, if gas prices spike again this summer I might try to sell the honda for a profit and try to pick up a truck cheap, but also moving into a new place here in about a month so who knows how the money situation is going to be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Time for some winter upgrades/suggestions
    By chawin in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
  2. winter ride
    By pewter Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 09:49 PM
  3. winter time is getting close
    By pewter Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 03:58 PM
  4. Time for the Winter Nap: Waxed that ASS *PICS*
    By KyleLs1 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
  5. My Winter ride (1997 Eclipse) Won't start!
    By Justin93 in forum General Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •