Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Question Starting Problems

When I Intalled My E- Fans I Accedently Left My Ground Cable Lose And It Cause My Buss Ing. Fuse To Burn And Then My Alternator Went Out When I Found The Lose Ground Wire. Canged The Alternator And Fix The Ground Cable. Now It Looks Like Every Cold Spell The Comes By My Truck Will Sit There And Crank But Never Start. Then It Will Start Like If Nothing Has Happen. I Do Not Know What Is Going On But I Need To Fix My Truck And Do Not Have A Clue Where To Start From... The Battery Is Good, Fuses Are Good, Removed The Power For The E- Fans And Still Does The Same Thing...
    Why Will It Work Some Times And Some Times It Will Not...

Please Help If You Could Give Me Some Tips On What To Look For... I What To Use The Gm Shop For The Last Resort... I Located In The Gaveston Area Right Now If You Know Of Any Good Shop The Could Help With The Problem...
    K&N,AIR AID SPACER, DIABLOSPORT, SHORTY HEADERS, P/P TB,PORT MATCH MAF,B&M TRANS. OIL COOLER W/FAN, EXT. TRANS FILTER, FAIRBANKS SERVOS W/POWER VALVE, 07' E-FANS...
    COMMING SOON: 080 VHP CAM W/1.8 ROCKERS, PORT MATCHED HEADS, TUNE FOR SURE...

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Sounds like a loose wire or fuse connection. Go back through everything you messed with and look at the connections, then look at your fuses to make sure the connections didn't overheat causing the prongs to come loose with movement. This happened to me with my fuel relay so I put one ecxternal to the main fuse block. Just some thoughts.

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

That May Be Right Because I Did Get One Fuse Out The Was In Pertty Bad Shape. I Will Take A Good Look At The Connections And Fuse Connections. I Did Have A Sleve Over The Fuse So I Might Have Made It To Big Now The I Do Not Have The Sleve On There. Thanks I Need To Get My Truck Running, Now That I Have More Day Light When I Get Off Of Work...

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Good luck!

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

I Have Not Had Time To Take A Good Look A The Truck But I Sure Hope The Problem Stay Simple... I Can Not Contine Doing Any More Mods Until I Solve This Problem... This Bring My Truck From A Dependable Truck To A Undependable One... Well I Got To Get Off One Day Just Detail All The Wiring And Fuses That I Messed With...

Thanks...

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

I Found The Problem With My Truck... The Ign. Key Is Going Out... I Do Not Know How Much Longer It Will Last But When The Key Is In The Start Position I Start To Release The Key And It Will Fire Up Every Time... I Looks To Be Getting Worse Because It Was On Acting Up In Cold Weater But Now It Looks Like Every Morning... I Guess I Will Have To Take It To The Gm Shop To Change Out The Ign. Key... I Have One Question Before I Do That... I'm Truck Has 120,500 Miles + Or - But The Dash Gages That I Replaced It With Show 70,500 Miles... Will I Get Burned For This Or Should I Go To A Local Shop.

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

Did you just say you changed the dash cluster?

Did the problems start soon after that?

Check everywhere for bad grounds. They will play havoc with an electrical syst. All your starting goes through the PCM and BCM so look at body grounds also.

There is a sensor in/near the ignition lock cyl that could be going bad or just need to be programmed, I think that when you change out the cluster you have to reprogram the theft syst.

I don't see where anyone would be concerned about the mileage difference at this point. You're not under warranty.? If you sell the truck then yes you must disclose the correct total mileage. If you worried about the mileage then ask if the tech can correct it if they have to reprogram the BCM or IPC. I know they can do that to a new cluster.
    '06 M6 BOM: Pred, Kooks sig LT's, Magnaflow, Volant, Comp Cam 1.85, March UD. PB 12.92 @110.71 w/ 2.07 60' on street tires.
    '02 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 mods-yes
    '78 Cutlass 383sbc w/spray t56-under constuction
    '66 Baja Bug 1835cc-under constuction

Thread Information