Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

SS Silverado is no more... :(

No I didn't wreck the thing... but I am trading it in on a new 2011 Silverado 6.2.

Bitter sweet moment, but it's time to move up to a newer vehicle. I hope I'm not disappointed with the performance.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

My dad just bought a escalade with the 6.2 in it, he traded in his denali with a 6.0. The 6.2 would smoke the 6.0. I think you will be impressed.
    Callies 383, Trick Flow 225, Rapid Motorsports Dominatior 2 X cam, ls6 ported oil pump,42lb injectors, FAST 92/92 , ASP underdrive pully, eletric water pump, Pacesetter LT's, Pacesetter ORY, Magnaflow catback, e-cutout, Yank SS 3600, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60e, Strange S60 ,4.10s, Detroit Truetrac, (UMI) - Adj. LCA, Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, Adj. panhard bar, Drag bar, subframe conectors, shock tower brace. 465rwhp-438rwtq 11.09@119.90.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I'm giving up 4.10 AWD for 3.42 4x4... and leather/heated seats for cloth. Other than that... I think I'll be happy.

red
    95 Z28

Do yourself a favor and get a GMC... they're just better looking trucks And get the 3.73 gears. Either way you'll be in an infinitely better vehicle in every way.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I don't like the GMC front ends... plus I only sell Chevys...

My options were pretty limited to what was out there... 2011's gave me an additional $3k in rebates, and there were only 2 trucks in my area with that engine.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Nice truck Andy!
    Every single truck GM has made is just badass!!

That's a nice color

What made you sell the SS. ? Gas mileage?
    I been triying to get one of those SS

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Click for full size

Not bad. I take it it's an LT since you said cloth above? It pisses me off they dont just put the LTZ style dash in all of them. Here's the truck I want from GM: GMC, short bed regular cab 4wd 1500, 6.2 V8 6 speed, 3.73 or 4.10 gears, LTZ interior.

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post

I know if I hated the gas mileage on a Silverado SS I would definitely go buy a new one with the 6.2.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Nice truck Andy!
    Every single truck GM has made is just badass!!

That's a nice color

I been triying to get one of those SS
    Thank you!! I've driven the SS for over 2 years now, and honestly besides my Camaro, it's the longest I've owned a vehicle!!! The decision was made because of the deal I got on it. I got $17k for the SS, and another $6k in rebates, so it was kind of a no brainer. Fuel economy be damned!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Not bad. I take it it's an LT since you said cloth above? It pisses me off they dont just put the LTZ style dash in all of them. Here's the truck I want from GM: GMC, short bed regular cab 4wd 1500, 6.2 V8 6 speed, 3.73 or 4.10 gears, LTZ interior.

I know if I hated the gas mileage on a Silverado SS I would definitely go buy a new one with the 6.2.
    I do love the looks of the regular cabs, but as of 2012, you can only get the 4.8 in them. Unless I read the autobook wrong. I need the extended cab though, for as much crap as I throw around in there. And I actually like the LT interior over the LTZ...

They certainly are nice trucks. I just don't like/want the payments

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I do love the looks of the regular cabs, but as of 2012, you can only get the 4.8 in them. Unless I read the autobook wrong. I need the extended cab though, for as much crap as I throw around in there. And I actually like the LT interior over the LTZ...
    On the chevy site I can still build a 2012 RCSB with the 5.3/ 6 speed.

And you're officially certifiable for liking the LT over the LTZ interior.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    On the chevy site I can still build a 2012 RCSB with the 5.3/ 6 speed.

And you're officially certifiable for liking the LT over the LTZ interior.
    I just don't like the fake wood grain... that's all.

And you're right about the short cab... I read the autobook wrong.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I love mine; crew cab 11 6.2 4x4. The 3.73s are nice, especially since I immediately leveled it on 33s. Since your truck came with the 3.42s, it will be easier to justify the swap to 4.10s that's what I would do anyway. It's too hard to justify the cost of swapping to 4.10s when you've already got 3.73s.
    Oh yeah, performance: I'm tuned with an Airaid tube and filter element, and I've beaten a Tundra 5.7 crew and lost by a fender to a 2008 Mustang GT. With the lighter factory rolling stock, I would have probably stayed with or slightly beaten the Stang and destroyed the Tundra. Love the way this thing goes. I want more, but that's just how we're wired

no color yet
    1967 c10 truck

I can't believe to Chevrolet discontinued the SS model. I would like to have seen what the would have done with (motor and body kit)

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I love mine; crew cab 11 6.2 4x4. The 3.73s are nice, especially since I immediately leveled it on 33s. Since your truck came with the 3.42s, it will be easier to justify the swap to 4.10s that's what I would do anyway. It's too hard to justify the cost of swapping to 4.10s when you've already got 3.73s.
    Oh yeah, performance: I'm tuned with an Airaid tube and filter element, and I've beaten a Tundra 5.7 crew and lost by a fender to a 2008 Mustang GT. With the lighter factory rolling stock, I would have probably stayed with or slightly beaten the Stang and destroyed the Tundra. Love the way this thing goes. I want more, but that's just how we're wired
    My first project is going to be to level out the front end... Then maybe tires if I have the cash. I'm gonna keep everything on this truck subtle since she's my dd and I have a camaro I can throw money at. Minor bolt ons are a must, and if I do swap gears, they will be for the 3.73's.

Quote Originally Posted by scwyyz View Post
    I can't believe to Chevrolet discontinued the SS model. I would like to have seen what the would have done with (motor and body kit)
    I hear ya!! I liked the SEMA SS truck they did back in 07 with the LS7 in it. That would have been an awesome sport truck!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I installed a 6.0 in my 72 blazer. It weighs 4600 lbs. so I'm sure it's lighter than your full size truck with all the bells and whistles. I'm only running 3.07 gears currently with the 33" tire. After tuning, exhaust, intake mods the thing runs really strong. I am actually surprised. I was running neck and neck with a newer mustang on the highway for a short squirt from about 60 to 90 or so. (not the 5.0 version but probably an 05-08 model) Nearly ran over an older dodge pickup with 5.7 liter hemi emblems on the fenders when he tried to get away . Don't know how those Toyotas run though, never seen one. I've got 3.73's sitting here to drop in, just haven't gotten around to it. Can't wait for that kick in the paints.
    I'm really liking how these bigger LS engines run and how fast these new trucks are now.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by scwyyz View Post
    I can't believe to Chevrolet discontinued the SS model.
    I can. They werent selling worth a shit, and it would have been dumb to continue making them. That said, they're cool for enthusiasts, but just isnt enough of a market for them. Like I already said, if they'd just offer the 6.2 in RCSB configuration we'd be good to go.

I for one never really caught on to the GM thought process of putting SS badges on everything. A full size pickup truck especially.

Not knocking the truck, it's neat and all, but for an old school guy like me, SS has more heritage and history with a deeper meaning rather than just sticking it on anything in hopes of increasing sales.

I remember when GM was thinking of coming out with the truck, and a 6 speed trans was a major discussion as well as short box and standard cabs. Now that would be a sporty truck. Unfortunately that all fell to the side and that killed the idea of buying one for alot of people.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I for one never really caught on to the GM thought process of putting SS badges on everything. A full size pickup truck especially.

Not knocking the truck, it's neat and all, but for an old school guy like me, SS has more heritage and history with a deeper meaning rather than just sticking it on anything in hopes of increasing sales.

I remember when GM was thinking of coming out with the truck, and a 6 speed trans was a major discussion as well as short box and standard cabs. Now that would be a sporty truck. Unfortunately that all fell to the side and that killed the idea of buying one for alot of people.
    I agree with this for the most part.

But the "SS" not only gets sales but designates what ever it's on as a "Super Sport", or a cut above the rest of the same line.

Sorta like the "LE" or "Limited Edition" is'nt really limited, it's the same vehicle with just has a few more goodies..

IMHO same goes for the "rs" or "Ralley Sport" designation, same car just a little different options aside from the norm.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I agree with this for the most part.

But the "SS" not only gets sales but designates what ever it's on as a "Super Sport", or a cut above the rest of the same line.

Sorta like the "LE" or "Limited Edition" is'nt really limited, it's the same vehicle with just has a few more goodies..

IMHO same goes for the "rs" or "Ralley Sport" designation, same car just a little different options aside from the norm.

Just my .02
    Yep, and back in the 60's you would have only seen this on Nova's, Camaro's, Chevelle's, and Impala's. It also meant "back then" you got an engine package above the rest to start with, and optional engines above that.
    Probably why I have a hard time grasping the whole "SS" concept nowadays. I understand it does make these new vehicles somewhat specific or different from the rest though. I'm just kinda wishy washy on the whole subject,,,,hows that?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information