Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

See those trucks

This is a discussion on See those trucks within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Do you have the 5.3...

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Do you have the 5.3
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Of course! lol

04 Sierra

The beautiful thing is, it didn't cost me a dime! I work at a GM dealer, someone traded a gorgeous, flawless 05 with that grille, and the sales dept took it out. My boss asked if it would fit in my truck, and well, there she is!
    1999 Camaro SS A4 Arctic White

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    The beautiful thing is, it didn't cost me a dime! I work at a GM dealer, someone traded a gorgeous, flawless 05 with that grille, and the sales dept took it out. My boss asked if it would fit in my truck, and well, there she is!
    not sure if you're aware of the saying but there's a saying I like to use from time to time that fits this occasion......it's called "lucky bastard". Have your boss keep his eye out for an aftermarket 06 silverado grill that they can't use. I would like to fall squarely in that "lucky bastard" category sometime just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    not sure if you're aware of the saying but there's a saying I like to use from time to time that fits this occasion......it's called "lucky bastard". Have your boss keep his eye out for an aftermarket 06 silverado grill that they can't use. I would like to fall squarely in that "lucky bastard" category sometime just to see how it feels.

Oh the irony...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Check out my new tonneau cover/ATV carrier!

I have a couple trips planned this year where I need to haul 2 ATVs and tow something (one trip towing a pop-up camper and the other trip is towing a jetski). Plus I'll have tons more storage under the cover, sealed from potential rain, for those trips. Love this thing so far. Truck swats 3 inches with 2 ATVs on the back. I'm not too concerned but I'm considering getting some load leveling air bags for the back. What do you guys think?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

holy shit does that look dangerous How much do both of those quads weigh?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I'd say roughly 1400 pounds together.
    I forgot to mention the name in the first post. It's called a Diamondback ATV Carrier. It's difficult to find any bad reviews out there about it.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

But seriously, what could possibly go wrong? LOL
    I'll admit there was a pucker factor driving up those long ramps the first time.

Haha, I've seen some crazy stuff around here with things people strap to their trucks, but I'll admit this setup is a first Cutlass

Looks like a 1/2 ton truck. Since you plan to tow a trailer behind it too, I'd invest in a load distribution bar hitch setup as well to take some of that tongue weight off the back since you have 1400 lbs. of quads back there too. Air bags will only level the truck back out but will do nothing for distributing the weight and will still be a squirly tow with a light front end. But if you have to go the air bag/helper spring route it's better than nothing at all.

My only other concern is hoping that your trailer has a long tongue because it appears those quads are still sticking out past your back bumper. If you get into a tight turn scenario I could see those coming in contact and getting some possible camper damage.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The towing I plan on is very light. Especially the single Jetski. The camper is a popup and also pretty light. Both are lower then the quads height so I fairly confident they won't collide

04 Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm in the parts room too, ya know! I doubt we'll see much a/m stuff, but I'll keep an eye out. Let me know if I can help.

It's not everyday the sun hits this dog's ass, but I'll take it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    The towing I plan on is very light. Especially the single Jetski. The camper is a popup and also pretty light. Both are lower then the quads height so I fairly confident they won't collide
    no shit.....my 5th wheel is lower than the quads height.

Just busting your balls.....I'm sure it'll do fine like that. I would at least move up to the heavy duty ratchet straps. I think the payload on that is around 1800 so you should be good depending on what the pop up weighs. The tongue weight on that should only be 10-15% of the campers weight and unless you have an old heavy ass pop up there's no way you'll be over with it. I wouldn't go carving up any curves with that set up though.

red
    95 Z28

Cutlass with a few beers in him, the quads getting loaded up, and a video camera is a recipe for youtube greatness. Make it happen.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

A few beers, a rainy day, mud all over the tires, loading up, and a video camera. That's the recipe.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Anyone concern about those 22s not being able to handle the stress? I need to take a closer look at them next time.
    My winter wheels/tires are E load rated...I might swap those over for the long trips.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what are they rated?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

It's a 2 ply tire rated at 2337 pounds

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah....for longer trips where you'll be at highway speeds for extended periods I would swap over to the e tires. Short trips you would be fine I would think. Just between you and me.......I would worry my ass off every mile I traveled with those tires on there and that load on there. I realize not everyone worries about it like I do though. I always have my kids with me when I'm towing so it's always in the back of my mind that I have to be as cautious as possible.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I worry too. That's why I asked. I'll be using the other tires for my long trips.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread Information