Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

See those trucks

This is a discussion on See those trucks within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by REVNORR82 Idk there is a DMAX running around town with a set of h2 wheels with stock ...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    Idk there is a DMAX running around town with a set of h2 wheels with stock Chevy center caps it looks killer wish I had a pic of it.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Picked up the new truck today, bought it home and cleaned it up a bit.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Looks like there may be a bit of a problem getting that beast in the garage! Dunno, maybe it's just the angle.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Not a big fan of the h2 rims.
    Callies 383, Trick Flow 225, Rapid Motorsports Dominatior 2 X cam, ls6 ported oil pump,42lb injectors, FAST 92/92 , ASP underdrive pully, eletric water pump, Pacesetter LT's, Pacesetter ORY, Magnaflow catback, e-cutout, Yank SS 3600, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60e, Strange S60 ,4.10s, Detroit Truetrac, (UMI) - Adj. LCA, Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, Adj. panhard bar, Drag bar, subframe conectors, shock tower brace. 465rwhp-438rwtq 11.09@119.90.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

It will be sitting outside. I don't think it will fit in the front garage, but it will in our back garage.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Personally I'd get an adapter and run the factory 20 inchers that come on new denalis and LTZ 2500 Silverados:

Click for full size
    That's a good looking wheel. I don't want to run adapters though. Too bad GM had to go and change the bolt pattern.

I'd also be curious on the price difference in tires to go from 16's to 20's in a "E" load range. I'd venture to guess it's enough to scare me off. I just spent $1,000 on a nice set of Michelins for the factory 16's and that was enough to make me vommit,,,,and that was a good deal,,,yikes. I still had to mount and balance them myself.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Quick question. My truck has a DIP switch on the dash so there is some kind of tune in it. 2-4 not much of a differnece from from 1 but when its on 5 it blows a bit of smoke, pulls harder and a few more pounds of boost (about 27 PSI) My question is how can I find out what kind of tune is in it?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That's a good looking wheel. I don't want to run adapters though. Too bad GM had to go and change the bolt pattern.

I'd also be curious on the price difference in tires to go from 16's to 20's in a "E" load range. I'd venture to guess it's enough to scare me off. I just spent $1,000 on a nice set of Michelins for the factory 16's and that was enough to make me vommit,,,,and that was a good deal,,,yikes. I still had to mount and balance them myself.
    If you look and wait you can find a set of those wheels with tires (takeoffs) for 1200-1400$. Adapters are a couple hundred, and there are some nice beefy ones out there.

Quick question. My truck has a DIP switch on the dash so there is some kind of tune in it. 2-4 not much of a differnece from from 1 but when its on 5 it blows a bit of smoke, pulls harder and a few more pounds of boost (about 27 PSI) My question is how can I find out what kind of tune is in it?
    I run the same 5 position switch on mine, but the tunes can vary depending on what the customer asks for.

There are only 2 places that I know of that offer the 5 position switch tunes which uses EFI live. Duramaxtuner and Idaho Rob (you can google either). There might be others but that's the two big ones. I used Idaho Rob because he came with a solid reputation. You could check with either of those and see if they have your truck on record, serial number or something like that. Or track down the previous owners, one of them should know something.

I can tell you that position #5 is usually a race tune which is why you are seeing more boost and some smoke. It's a tune they only recommend using occasionally at the track because it's harder on the transmission and will eventually shorten the life of it if used alot.
    The other tunes you have is a gamble but the standard package from most of these tuners consists of...
    1) optimized stock tune
    2) could be a tow tune with turbo brake up to 8000 lbs.
    3) could be a second tow tune for over 8000 lbs.
    4) usually a daily driver tune with mild power that's safe for the trans, sometimes called a 90hp/150 ft lbs. tune
    5) race tune

I changed mine up though
    1) optimized stock tune
    2) tow tune for any weight with a turbo brake
    3) daily driver tune
    4) race tune
    5) anti theft

So depending on what the owner requested it could be different.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Thanks fbj, I found the previous owners name so I might try and track him down and find put what the tunes are.
    Just ordered a 5in straight pipe exhaust for the truck.

Thanks fbj, I found the previous owners name so I might try and track him down and find put what the tunes are.
    Just ordered a 5in straight pipe exhaust for the truck.
    Oooo, that'll make some noise

I put a 4 inch setup with a small round muffler from Diamond Eye on mine (deleted cat). Nice throaty sound but pretty quiet in the cab, only slightly noticable. I hear the turbo whistle more than anything else.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Cab of the 69' is painted...

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Not sure why the first few pictures are fuzzy, they aren't like that one my photobucket.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That color blue is AWESOME.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

midnight blue metallic

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Love it
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Thanks guys!

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Cab of the 69' is painted...
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

I love round body Chevy trucks.
    There are some things you just can't test in a white lab coat.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yep, and that's part of the overheating problem that Cutlass mentioned. Usually rears it's ugly head when pulling a heavy load up hill (which is about everywhere in AZ )
    The restrictive turbo inlet is 70% of the problem, causing heat build up I'm told. Then remove the foil on the inner fender like you mentioned. From there you can do several things depending on how comfortable you are with it, including opening the inner fender after the foil is removed. You can also open up the side of the air box that faces the headlight which is very easy.
    If you feel adventurous you can remove the lower metal plate that the airbox attaches to, and open the area towards the front that faces down in front of the inner fender to grab the air forced up through the bottom, and then open the bottom of the air box to match that. Same thing the aftermarket air boxes do and some even run a tube down through that area to grab the air and force it up.
    After that's all done they recommend you enclose the box with foam to seal off the hot underhood air from the box.

I did some of these air box mods but I didn't go extreme. Just hated to spend $400 on an air intake setup that's basically a bunch of plastic. Then when I was told the aftermarket stuff doesn't provide alot of gain I figured I'd give modifying the stock setup a try.
    Another cheap alternative is to adapt the LBZ air intake setup if you can find it. However I believe it requires a retune because I think it relocates the MAF.

Can someone explain this part to me, they recommend you enclose the box with foam

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

I have a 2004 Silverado CCSB Z-71 that I purchased new off the lot in September of 2004. It came with the 5.3L LM7, 4L60E trans, and 3.73's out back with G80. Best I can remember it had 7 miles on it when I got it. Now it has just under 21,000 miles. The majority of the mods are in my sig except for a few exterior ones. Those would be the color matched grille, third brake light cover, and billet bowtie. A pic of my truck is in my signature. I could not figure out how to get a pic to show in this post.
    Last edited by LOBO2; 01-29-2014 at 03:02 AM.
    2004 Silverado Z-71 CCSB 5.3L_3.73's_BlackBear 91 tune_OEM airbox open air mod_Airaid M.I.T._Magnaflow 3" SI/SO 14" case_Blackened Tails, Brake & Reverse Light LEDs_Color matched grille, lower valence_NRAuto SS style white gauge face

In the garage - 799 heads, DynaTech LT Headers, Corvette servo

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information