Remote starter

This is a discussion on Remote starter within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So I just bought a remote starter for the wifes truck. It's a 01' Sierra with a 4.8 in it. ...

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Remote starter

So I just bought a remote starter for the wifes truck. It's a 01' Sierra with a 4.8 in it. The starter is from Bully Dog. Does anyone have any experience and/or input on having this installed. I'm still deployed and I wanted to get this for the wife before the cold weather rolled in, she should be getting it sometime this week and will have to take it somewhere to get it installed. I just don't want her to get the run around during the install. Also she says that it's taking a little longer for the truck to start, it always starts but takes a 5+ seconds sometimes.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    So I just bought a remote starter for the wifes truck. It's a 01' Sierra with a 4.8 in it. The starter is from Bully Dog. Does anyone have any experience and/or input on having this installed. I'm still deployed and I wanted to get this for the wife before the cold weather rolled in, she should be getting it sometime this week and will have to take it somewhere to get it installed. I just don't want her to get the run around during the install. Also she says that it's taking a little longer for the truck to start, it always starts but takes a 5+ seconds sometimes.
    I had it installed professionally the only prob I have is my 06 tells me when I put the key in that drier door is ajar, but it goes away.
    I like how the seat warmers comes on in the winter automatically, kind of nice when its 14 degrees.

Thread Information