Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

please check my math on mpg.

This is a discussion on please check my math on mpg. within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Do you have the stock muffler on the truck ? Stock mufflers are very restrictive, some up to 30%. Before ...

Pewter
    1999 Chevy truck Z71

check my math

Do you have the stock muffler on the truck ? Stock mufflers are very restrictive, some up to 30%. Before a tune is done you could change the muffler, add a CAI, and an electric fan to replace that power robbing factory one. If you tow a trailer, make sure your fan(s) are pulling enough air to keep the engine cool. Good luck.

sandstone grey
    2009 silverado

my truck has electric fans from the factory. the exhuast is flowmaster cat back. it didnt have a muffler when I bought it. I have installed a k&n cai and have purchaced a set of gibson ceramic coated headers I will install this weekend. as for the tune, I've got a question, I was told that you have to run 93 octane fuel after you get a tune installed. is that the case? if so whats the reason to not buy a edge evolution so I could return it to the stock tune whenever I want?

2007 Cadillac Escalade
    98 Camaro SS, 09 G8 GT

The octane you need to run all depends on how the tune is setup. Did you check out Westers Tunes? They give you options for what type of gas you plan on running....they even have dual mode tunes like an 87-89 octane, 89-91, 91-93, etc. I had the 91-93 hot tune on my denali which is the most aggressive tune they have and it made a WORLD of a difference. Also, the NBS trucks 07-11, have the least restrictive stock exhaust ever. On Trucks running cam and headers, there is only a 3~5 rwhp difference between running the stock catback and no catback at all. Just some things to think about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information