Need Help Wiring A Relay For E-fans

This is a discussion on Need Help Wiring A Relay For E-fans within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I BOUGHT AND INSTALLED A SET OF CHEVY 07' E-FANS. I WOULD LIKE TO RUN THE HOT WIRE TO THE ...

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Smile Need Help Wiring A Relay For E-fans

I BOUGHT AND INSTALLED A SET OF CHEVY 07' E-FANS. I WOULD LIKE TO RUN THE HOT WIRE TO THE IGN. SO THE FANS ONLY WORK WHEN THE TRUCK IS RUNNING. I HAVE PUT A THERMOSTAT SWITCH ON THE GROUND SIDE AND RAN THE HOT WIRE TO THE FUSE BOX BUT IT SEEMS THAT IS NOT WORKING BECAUSE I'M PULLING TO MAY AMPS THROUGH THE FUSE. I THINK TO RUN THE HOT WIRE TO RELAY TO TRIGER THE HOT WIRE FROM THE IGN. AND LEAVE THE GROUND ON THE THERMOSTAT SWICH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE I'M OPEN FOR ANY IDEAS........
    K&N,AIR AID SPACER, DIABLOSPORT, SHORTY HEADERS, P/P TB,PORT MATCH MAF,B&M TRANS. OIL COOLER W/FAN, EXT. TRANS FILTER, FAIRBANKS SERVOS W/POWER VALVE, 07' E-FANS...
    COMMING SOON: 080 VHP CAM W/1.8 ROCKERS, PORT MATCHED HEADS, TUNE FOR SURE...

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Why don't you wire the fans to the PCM and have the PCM trigger them off and on? You will have to use HPTuners or EFILive to activate the pins in the PCM. Just a thought......................

Lt. pewter
    02 suburban

Well I Did Not Do Any Homework On The Fans And Tried To Wire Them My Self...
    I See Some Harness Are Sold Just Do Not Know What I Need... For Now I Only Have The Diablo With Me... I Would Like To Make A Relay Trigger The Power From The Ign. If It Is Possible. I Kown Little About Wiring But Can Get By... I See Where Nelson Performance Sells The Wiring Harness For E-fans... I Want To Get All My Supporting Mods Before I Go With Hp Tune If Possible... I Also Installed 295/70/17 Tires In My Suburban And It Eat Up My Fuel Mileage...

Thread Information