Results 1 to 10 of 10

My new truck

This is a discussion on My new truck within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well people, over the last month i've looked at so many cars and trucks for sale it makes me sick. ...

  1. #1
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    My new truck

    Well people, over the last month i've looked at so many cars and trucks for sale it makes me sick. I was looking for a new daily driver and for some reason i bought a $800 '77 K-5 Blazer today.
    And i'm totally against GM trucks for the simple fact that they tend to be shit.
    This 77 has a newer 350hp/350 crate and a 4.11 diff ,and it flies.

    Anyways, is there anything i should know about these trucks? This is the first 4x4 i've owned.

    P.S. the trasfer case is fucked.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    125
    I hope you have a lot of $$ for maintenance. My friend has had 2 K-5's and my best friend in high school had 2 of them. They bought them cheap and spent 3-400% more on fixing them before they finally ended up selling them.

    Maybe other people have had other experiences....if you're using it for your daily driver...hehe....good luck.

    should've bought an old honda accord or civic....or an older toyota if you wanted an older daily driver.

  3. #3
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    Quote Originally Posted by mdh100
    I hope you have a lot of $$ for maintenance. My friend has had 2 K-5's and my best friend in high school had 2 of them. They bought them cheap and spent 3-400% more on fixing them before they finally ended up selling them.

    Maybe other people have had other experiences....if you're using it for your daily driver...hehe....good luck.

    should've bought an old honda accord or civic....or an older toyota if you wanted an older daily driver.
    Yea i know i'll have to put a never ending amount of money into this truck just to keep it running. Right now it could use a new front seal-which is why there is oil EVERYWHERE<--literally.
    My plan with it is to drive it until it falls apart. I won't be putting too much money into it. Pretty much just new spark plugs and thermostat.

    Right now in the paper i see someone's parting out a '85 K-5 Blazer for $200 but the transfer case, radiatior, etc. won't fit a '77 right?

  4. #4
    White98WS6
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    And i'm totally against GM trucks for the simple fact that they tend to be shit.
    Who told you that? They are the longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road

    Well, at least the ones that didnt get treated like shit. Hey...at least it isnt a Furd.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    yea ford sucks lol

  6. #6
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    Quote Originally Posted by White98WS6
    Who told you that? They are the longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road

    Well, at least the ones that didnt get treated like shit. Hey...at least it isnt a Furd.
    I'd take a Ford truck over a Shevy truck anyday. With cars it's a different story though...

  7. #7
    Member 01camaross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois,
    Posts
    318

    white
    2001 camaross

    How is the body on it (rusted out yet) and i noticed you have 4.11s is it lifted any?
    need pics

  8. #8
    Impounded x-40oz-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    1981 g-Body

    Quote Originally Posted by 01camaross
    How is the body on it (rusted out yet) and i noticed you have 4.11s is it lifted any?
    need pics
    My camera isn't digital and i don't have a scanner so it will be a while till i get any pics.

    The truck it's self isn't worth the 50 bucks to have it crushed. It could use new doors and the rocker panels got rust holes 5 inches wide. It does have a new hood though.
    The body sucks but the power train is awesome.
    I think it's got a 4 inch lift? with 35 inch tall tires.

  9. #9
    Member Wyoming T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Powell,WY.
    Age
    65
    Posts
    343

    white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

    you might take ford over chevy but dont take them to the mountains or you will get your a@@ handed to you,,

  10. #10
    I'm out there so hide!!!! D!ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    TULSA, OK
    Posts
    1,140

    Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

    Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    I'd take a Ford truck over a Shevy truck anyday. With cars it's a different story though...
    not mine. maybe you should stick to ford that way it will be easier to pass you, cuz you'll be on the shoulder with your hood up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Truck.
    By wooddaniel in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 08:01 AM
  2. Soon to be an LS1 truck..
    By Treyvs in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
  3. WTB : New Truck
    By adam3566 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
  4. My truck
    By dozerdan in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM
  5. Rt/10 Truck
    By 97 ramair in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 12:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •