Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looking at trucks

This is a discussion on Looking at trucks within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 Salesman went on vacation today... I'll be up there Wednesday and will look at it one ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Salesman went on vacation today... I'll be up there Wednesday and will look at it one more time. Looks like no oil consumption repairs on the info you sent and everything seemed rather minor. I was surprised at the u-joint and shock replacement at such low miles.

On the new car thing... my post had nothing to do with quality. We choose wreck and rebuilds and/or pre-owned vehicles simply due to the depreciation. It's tough to justify the price of a new car -- I looked at new just for fun and the trucks we were interested in were all running north of 35k. I think the quality has come a long way since the 80's and early 90's.
    Depends on who you talk to and what model really.. My Brother has an 07 Colorado 2wd 5spd with tow he purchased new.. Biggest POS he's ever owned, and one of the biggest POS's I've ever driven in a while.. Everything from carbon build up in the intake, 02 problems, MAF, universal noise, rear noise and clank, electrical trouble from nose to tail.. It's on it's 21st++ set of tails lights, a/c is failing, can't keep tires on the front of it, paint has almost all fell off the wheels but only the rear ones... Things a heap.. I will have to think real hard next year when we buy a new truck wheather to go with GM again.. Toyota maybe our next 1st choice.... I also thought it funny how you reffed gas mileage, and Suburban in the same paragraph..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-16-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

My father has a Trailblazer that is giving him fits. Latest is a cracked exhaust manifold.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

My father has a Trailblazer that is giving him fits. Latest is a cracked exhaust manifold.
    I have an aunt whom had one of those loaded.. Was'nt too bad if you discount the 5cyl it had needed a head gasket @ 12k..
    Look @ our cars for instance.. They made how many 4th gens over how many years and still sent them to customers with the same troubles they've had for 5+ years.. Don't get me wrong I love my chevrolet's but they are getting few and far between.. Good luck in your search...
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Dad drives a 09 Tahoe... no issues. Mom drives 10 Tahoe and 10 Camaro... no issues. Brother drives 10 Malibu... no issues. Other brother drives 05 Silverado... no issues. I have my Camaro and 04 Silverado... no issues.

And by no issues I mean nothing major.

I rest my case

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Dad drives a 09 Tahoe... no issues. Mom drives 10 Tahoe and 10 Camaro... no issues. Brother drives 10 Malibu... no issues. Other brother drives 05 Silverado... no issues. I have my Camaro and 04 Silverado... no issues.

I rest my case
    So you think that s10 axle and that factory torque arm are solid units huh jk
    How about them trany mounts? jk
    Buddy of mine has a duramax he tunes/races,,, now that's a truck...
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-16-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I rest my case

I think he bought the one rotten apple in the barrel. Overall my experiences with the big three are that GM's generally have crappy brakes, Dodge has electrical issues, and Ford -- well, everything likes to go bad on them. I still agree that the quality has improved greatly from in years past. Whether that has to do with foreign competition, or something else, I have no idea.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

my newer truck

I got this truck a few months ago its a 2007 Silverado classic z71 5.3. I have towed alot with this truck i love it and they are pretty cheap now.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    I got this truck a few months ago its a 2007 Silverado classic z71 5.3. I have towed alot with this truck i love it and they are pretty cheap now.

Click for full size
    Oh yea i did a few things to make it a little more fun cold air, true duals, 160 thermo and programmer its a gt killer now (depending on the year) fun truck cheap to drive to gets 20 on the interstate with the ac on!!!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

How much are you pulling with it? We want to be able to tow the T/A, dressed in its race garb, on an aluminum trailer.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

how much are you pulling with it? We want to be able to tow the t/a, dressed in its race garb, on an aluminum trailer.
    i pulled a 20ft dove tail trailer with a 2wd long bed f150 and a 24ft deck boat with no issues. It has more that enough power to tow what you want going bigger might be overkill!!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    i pulled a 20ft dove tail trailer with a 2wd long bed f150 and a 24ft deck boat with no issues. It has more that enough power to tow what you want going bigger might be overkill!!

Good to know... I'm going to ask the dealer to put it up in the air for me tomorrow.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Good to know... I'm going to ask the dealer to put it up in the air for me tomorrow.
    The Burb or one of the Silverado's?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The Burb or one of the Silverado's?

Leaning towards the Burb.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Leaning towards the Burb.
    Excellent choice sir! I'm sure you'll be happy with her.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Excellent choice sir! I'm sure you'll be happy with her.
    +1. I also see they have a decent aftermarket parts supply for said vehicle.... so new project?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Slap on some headers and maybe fire up HP Tuners? I have no idea what the rest of the exhaust looks like on these things.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Slap on some headers and maybe fire up HP Tuners? I have no idea what the rest of the exhaust looks like on these things.
    Sounds like a good start. I'm not familiar with the newer models as for exhaust.... I know the older models weren't anything special. My brother-in-law lifted one and put 44"s under it. He had talked to me about doing a 383 stroker, but he sold it before we got the chance. Sounds like you might need to open a car dealership soon just to store all your vehicles

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I do need a large garage just to park stuff in. May unload my '04 Ranger and just run the Durango around as a DD for awhile. Keep the Suburban for traveling and towing. I think in the 6 years we have had it we may have put 30,000 miles on the Durango.

Lifes A Garden, Dig It!!! 02convertibleT/A's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

was that dealership called WALTERS CHEVROLET? my last name is walters, and i have a chevy truck!!! I LIKE IT!!!

if you think about it, could you snag me a nice pic of there sign! i wanna use it for something! thanks!!

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

I love the new style of the Burbs and Tahoes, 07 was first year release. You going to put a warranty on it? I would hold off if you can until you can get one with the LTZ options, they have it all and are sweet. Looking in my local paper I see the base LT Subs right around $25k too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information