This is a discussion on Hydra booster within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So I got a power steering leak on my 2500....it's coming from the hydra booster...anyone ever replace one? I know ...
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- The Woodlands/spring/houston
- 99 trans am
So I got a power steering leak on my 2500....it's coming from the hydra booster...anyone ever replace one? I know it's a common problem on the 2500's...just tryin to find out how much of a pain in the ass it will be...also does anyone know where to get one at the lowest price?
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM #2
it's actually not as bad as you think ..
1. Apply the park brake and block the wheels.
2. Disconnect the inlet hose, the steering gear, and the return hoses from the booster assembly.
3. Remove the master cylinder.
4. Remove the stop lamp switch.
5. Remove the 4 booster to bulkhead nuts.
6. Remove the booster assembly.
7. Remove the gasket.
reverse for install using a new gasket ..
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SSReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
By transamdude99 in forum Firebird / WS6Replies: 30Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM
By LS1 RX7 in forum External EngineReplies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
By Varanus762x39 in forum Firebird / WS6Replies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2007, 07:30 AM
By B01SS in forum Camaro / SSReplies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM