Thread: Hello

Cool Hello

I'm new to this site and I'm lookin for info to do an engine swap into my 1992 GMC Sierra c1500 single cab. I wanna take the old
    K-code 5.7 TBI out and put a LM7 5.3 LS engine.I'm doing research right now and calculating the cost of the parts.I live in los angeles and i want to do this the right way the first time! I can't afford trial and error My truck has a NV 4500 5 speed manual transmission.
    I also have a fixed roof 1999 C5 corvette with a 6 speed trans and Z51 suspension. both vehicles are fun to drive but the truck's current engine is tired and needs a rebuild. i plan to keep the k code and clean it up so my son and i can practice a rebuild later. The cash right now would be better invested in the LM7 5.3. So.... anyone feel free to educate me my mind is open to any and all info. i wiil post pics later and i plan to document my swap on this site when i begin. Thanks for any info provided. I hope to hear from you soon

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

red
    95 Z28

Ther NV4500 isnt a great transmission. I'd try to get the 4L60e that goes along with the 5.3. Space for the swap isnt an issue, and there should be adapter motor and tranny mounts out there that will work. Aside a few other misc. items you're looking at a bunch of wiring, although I'm not sure about getting your gauges working.

5.0 Thanks!

Thanks for the input! I know the NV 4500 tranny isn't the best,but a company called Advance Adapters sells a LS1 flywheel adapted to fit the OEM stock clutch assembly.They also sell the adapter plate that allows the use of the stock engine mounts.

So, It's comin along, And Yo 5.0, I like the way my GMC feels with that NV4500! It's a Truck! When I roll the vette and that tremec 6spd that's just a gettin it!..........peace!

Thread Information