black
    '02 trans am ws6

Full exhaust on '06 Vortec Max install done!

Installed Pacesetter LTs, ORY, and Corsa Touring onto my buddy's '06 VortecMax over the weekend. Ran into a snag with the Corsa intermediate pipe and the ORY, but a simple run to the exhaust shop fixed that. Inside its hard to tell how great the noise out back is. I dig of a lot, its only loud when you wish for it to be, and the tone is great. Quick part throttle pass by and 1/2 throttle take off vids. Nothing spectacular and taken with a camera phone.

Last edited by konigandy6; 08-09-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Truck is a 2wd and only thing needed to alter or remove was the dipstick tube. Didn't have to move steering shaft, grind any bolts, or remove tranny crossmember when installing ypipe. Very pleased with the Pacesetters. Also glad there were no O2s stripped and no heads of stock manifold bolts broken. Patience paid off, and install went relatively smooth considering it was in a one car garage and installed with wheels and fender wells still on.

That's pretty quiet. My father did exhaust on his 04 3/4 ton 6.0 litre. Left the cats and stock manifolds on the truck, cut the muffler off in front where it's still a true dual system (stock muffler converts it to a single), then installed a pair of SLP loud mouth II resonators, then had an exhaust shop bend a true dual system all the way back from there. It's so loud you can hear it coming a mile away. Inside the truck though it's not bad. Sure scares old people though,,haha.

I figured leaving the cats on would have kept it quiet, but those truck cats don't do much at all apparently.

I did a 6.0 swap in my 72 blazer, used stock truck manifolds, no cats of course, and the blazer has a true dual 2 1/2" system with an H-pipe and a pair of Mac mufflers. Pipes run all the way out the back. Even that is a bit louder than I'd care for. Same exhaust system was on the truck with a little gen 1 355 with headers and it wasn't nearly as loud.
    Somethng about that 6.0, it's just making more exhaust noise now.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 08-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Yea the noise level was pretty surprising, considering it has ORY. He tossed around the idea if trading to the Sport muffler, but has since warmed up to it a lot. At cruising speeds its hardly noticeable, and there's 0 drone. I dig it a lot.

The catback was mislabeled when he bought it, ordered it for a 1500 6.0 and got an HD exhaust lol. Not sure if there was a difference but it worked out. Some kinks were needed to be ironed out by the local exhaust shop but all went well for the most part. I actually like it more because it has two tips with Corsa's oval truck tip exiting behind each rear wheel instead of the one side exit on passenger side with Corsa twin tip style.

Thread Information