Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Computer Programmer

(I would post this in the Computer tunning thread but its a truck so idk)

Ive been thinking about getting reprogramming my ECU on the truck. and was wondering if the Superchips or Hypertech was better. any thoughts?

Ive also thought about getting a Nelson tune but Im not sure yet. and can I still run regular gas with a tune, and still expect good performace?

Thanks,
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Mrs.'s Boobies

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

It is always better to have some one in person tune your vehicle both on the road and the dyno (to verify gains). So I would suggest (for the same price as those others) you seriously look into a tuning software. Mail Order Tunes get you in the ballpark, but they are much like handheld tuners and will not cut it for maximum performance potential. I wouldn't use either of those two. I would either recommend you get the software (1st preferance) or get your vehicle tuned by someone that knows what they are doing (2nd choice). If it take one hour to tune your car, they are not good, it takes time to properly setup the fuel, timing and closed loop parameters.
    George P. Lara
    Mine 2001 Camaro SS #0391: FQuick Garage
    Mrs.'s 2002 Camaro SS #7072: FQuick Garage

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    It is always better to have some one in person tune your vehicle both on the road and the dyno (to verify gains). So I would suggest (for the same price as those others) you seriously look into a tuning software. Mail Order Tunes get you in the ballpark, but they are much like handheld tuners and will not cut it for maximum performance potential. I wouldn't use either of those two. I would either recommend you get the software (1st preferance) or get your vehicle tuned by someone that knows what they are doing (2nd choice). If it take one hour to tune your car, they are not good, it takes time to properly setup the fuel, timing and closed loop parameters.

Thanks for the detailed response! I dont really want to dump a ton of money into this truck, I am still saving up for another Camaro SS. I was just looking for some gains in performance and possibly better gas mileage.

Nelson tune! you won't be disappointed

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Well I was in a hurry to get it done and i got the new SuperChips Flashpaq
    The upgradeable one.

It works nice and i notice a big gain.
    I would have gone with a nelson tune, and i will with my next Camaro for sure,
    but i just didnt have the time to do it.
    anyway thanks for the responses!

Join fullsizechevy.com, I own a Silverado, those guys over there are as informative on Vortec's as they are here on LS1's

if your really looking to go all out on the truck, go to performancetrucks.net, look up my screen name there V8. if your going to keep the truck stock then a handheld is a good option so you can change it back to stock when you decide to sell it. Good luck.

Thread Information