Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 201 to 212 of 212

Anybody tweak your truck with HPtuners?

This is a discussion on Anybody tweak your truck with HPtuners? within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; And yes I was out there with a tape measure....and the neighbor heard me cussing and asked "Whats a 5.0this?"...J/K...

  1. #201
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    And yes I was out there with a tape measure....and the neighbor heard me cussing and asked "Whats a 5.0this?"...J/K

  2. #202
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I expect nothing less from you
    I knew you werent mad about it. Go polish your too big wheels

  3. #203
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    And yes I was out there with a tape measure....and the neighbor heard me cussing and asked "Whats a 5.0this?"...J/K

    need vids

  4. #204
    TunedByFrost supporter rel3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD.
    Posts
    723

    Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I knew you werent mad about it. Go polish your too big wheels
    It'll take TWO bottles of polish to do that, LOL...

    Sorry....couldn't resist.

  5. #205
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    It'll take TWO bottles of polish to do that, LOL...

    yeah, per wheel

  6. #206
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    I started playing around the DFCO (Decel Fuel Cut Off) settings to make it come on a little more often and see if it'll give me a MPG boost. I'm also thinking about running open loop and leaning out the cruise areas for better mileage. It seems to correct back to stoich when I make changes and run closed loop.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

  7. #207
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I started playing around the DFCO (Decel Fuel Cut Off) settings to make it come on a little more often and see if it'll give me a MPG boost. I'm also thinking about running open loop and leaning out the cruise areas for better mileage. It seems to correct back to stoich when I make changes and run closed loop.
    Those two things give me the biggest mpg gains. DFCO wasn't even working on my wifes car, the rpm activation rpm was never reached during normal cruise.

    I keep it in open loop and command the AFR I want in the light throttle cruise areas. Had my wife car this way for a couple years now.

  8. #208
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    yah, the stock DFCO settings were nearly worthless on my truck too. I lowered the rpm (so it'll come on when I'm above that), raised the MAP sensor enable (so it'll come on sooner), and messed around with the spark enable and mulitpliers (again so it'll get into DFCO sooner). I can feel it working now. I let off the throttle at 70mph...it coasts for a second or so...then the fuel shuts off and it feels like its engine braking. I'm gonna play with it some more.

  9. #209
    TunedByFrost supporter rel3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD.
    Posts
    723

    Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I let off the throttle at 70mph...it coasts for a second or so...then the fuel shuts off and it feels like its engine braking. I'm gonna play with it some more.
    Mine does that at about the same speeds, but then seems to quickly stop with the engine braking "feel"...in other words, it goes into, but right out of DFCO, so I need to do some tweaking too.

  10. #210
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    yah, the stock DFCO settings were nearly worthless on my truck too. I lowered the rpm (so it'll come on when I'm above that), raised the MAP sensor enable (so it'll come on sooner), and messed around with the spark enable and mulitpliers (again so it'll get into DFCO sooner). I can feel it working now. I let off the throttle at 70mph...it coasts for a second or so...then the fuel shuts off and it feels like its engine braking. I'm gonna play with it some more.
    Exactly, you can feel it kick on and really slow the car/truck down. It's great around the mountain terrain where I live, it kicks on alot.

  11. #211
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Mine does that at about the same speeds, but then seems to quickly stop with the engine braking "feel"...in other words, it goes into, but right out of DFCO, so I need to do some tweaking too.
    That sounds like the off RPM's probably need some tweaking so it stays on longer. I set mine as low as I can go without stalling when coming to a complete stop. I think I have my "off" rpm at 1100.

    If you get too low the engine will struggle to maintain idle or die because the fuel is still cutoff, especially if you have a cam in it. Just have to play with it till you find what works for yours.

  12. #212
    TunedByFrost supporter rel3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD.
    Posts
    723

    Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

    Yessir, mine was a bit high....1600 entry/1000 exit, so I lowered it to 1000/800 to try out.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Obama, Romney Tweak Each Other In Swing States
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  2. HPTuners Pro
    By 99bta6 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
  3. OEM Radio Tweak
    By Sarge in forum GTO
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 06:36 AM
  4. Wanted: 99' Hptuners
    By Mark8fish in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
  5. i got hptuners
    By mrr23 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •