Gray
    2004 GMC Sierra

Add A Little Performance

First, I am new to this site but I am hoping that you guys can help me with a little information. I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 4.8L V8 and I am looking to add a bit more power. I have done a little research and have a couple of questions about 2 methods for achieving this listed below.

Method 1: New PCM or Tune
    While I was looking at this possibility I came across several posts that said mentioned a Westers Tune and how it was particularly good for trucks and SUVs. If this is in fact true my question is does anyone know of a good place/site to go about purchasing a PCM with this tune and if not what are some other possibilities as far as tuning goes?

Method 2: TURBO kit
    I found that there are many different brands and types of turbos out there. My question is if there is a certain type/brand that is especially good for larger vehicles. I am looking at the mid to high range as far as price is concerned. I am mainly looking for something that has been found to be satisfactory but wont break me financially if you know what I mean.

ANY information/comments would be MUCH appreciated. If you think that these two methods arent the best way to go than let me know! I can use all the help I can get! Thank you

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You can get a mail order tunefrom frost who is a sponsor on this sight, without mods gains are minimal. I have oly seen one turbo kit on your truck and that was from sts. If you do go there route don't get the cheapest kit as they are known for having oiling problems with the turbos. You can get a magnacharger which is a roots style, or you can go with a procharger/vortech setup. You have lots of options I know frost has a vid of a s/c truck he did-good luck man

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

What he said. Might look if there is a good cam for a super charger and get a S/C cam and tune. That should make good power.

Gray
    2004 GMC Sierra

Thank you guys, I actually contacted sts today; still waiting on a reply. I appreciated to information a lot!

Thread Information