5.3 rattle rattle knock knock........ NOOO!!

So a couple weeks ago I helped a young guy whom locked his keys in his car, after we got it opened I said, "you really should have a friend with a spare key".
    The very next day I was due in court for a speeding ticket and started my truck and I guess when I pressed the heated seats button I bumped the lock switch too. Anyway an hour and 10min later my mom brought me my spare. When I pulled up to court my truck died but started back up. Once I left court my motor was rattling when reved up but not while idle. I figured broke a lifter right. when I climbed under the truck I can hear it on the bottom right side of the block like behind the starter. So I pulled the valve cover and pushed on the rocker back and got no movement. Could it be anything else. My oil level was fine and my motor does have 180k on it but when I pulled the intake off the whole tb and intake is covered in carbon and oil, I guess from the egr but dont understand the oil. This sucks I've seen so many of these motors getting 300-400k miles . I havn't pulled the heads off yet If I do have to I'm thinking of pulling the mota and maybe swaping with a 6.0

white
    98 Z-28

You can buy junkyard 5.3's for dirt cheap. Unless you want to spend some money on it I would just get a used engine.

green
    2001 silverado

i bought a 5.3 block from a junkyard and just put my intake and bolt ons on it and havent had a problem it was actually quicker in the quarter mile and its taking 150 nitrous like its nothing

light grey
    1978 Volvo 242GT

I really need to spool up to speed here. Is the 5.3 you were talking about the same as the "4th gen" all alumiumiumimmumm 5.3 liter 327 inch L33 available in '04 and later Chevy and GMC half ton pickups?

Reason I ask is that my 250 six in my 1978 stepside is really beginning to show its age at 188K. Thinking about keeping the old girl and swapping in something stronger...and...$cheap$.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

6.0 Swweeet! Go Fast Parts 2!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by HB of CJ View Post
    I really need to spool up to speed here. Is the 5.3 you were talking about the same as the "4th gen" all alumiumiumimmumm 5.3 liter 327 inch L33 available in '04 and later Chevy and GMC half ton pickups?

Reason I ask is that my 250 six in my 1978 stepside is really beginning to show its age at 188K. Thinking about keeping the old girl and swapping in something stronger...and...$cheap$.
    i thought the 5.3 of today is 323 c.i.

Thread Information