Results 1 to 8 of 8

2004 z71 heating probs

This is a discussion on 2004 z71 heating probs within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey what's up I was on my way to work an my heater stop wworking but I'm holding good running ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member chevyman100%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia ,TN
    Posts
    5

    gold
    2004 z71

    2004 z71 heating probs

    Hey what's up I was on my way to work an my heater stop wworking but I'm holding good running temp What should I check first

  2. #2
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    By heat not working what happened? Was air still blowing out of the vents but it was just cold? Or was nothing coming out of the vents?

  3. #3
    Junior Member chevyman100%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia ,TN
    Posts
    5

    gold
    2004 z71

    It was blowing just cold

  4. #4
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Is it auto-climate control or is it manual?

    How is your coolant level and what does the coolant look like? A common issue on the 5.3 is a leaky waterpump. If your coolant level goes down, it could mess with your heat but not overheat the engine.

    If you have auto-climate control, it may be the head unit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Is it auto-climate control or is it manual?

    How is your coolant level and what does the coolant look like? A common issue on the 5.3 is a leaky waterpump. If your coolant level goes down, it could mess with your heat but not overheat the engine.

    If you have auto-climate control, it may be the head unit.

    I had a small leak out of my water pump on my 04 Sierra at only 21K miles. New gaskets is all it needed though. If this problem happened suddenly I am inclined to agree with konigandy. I suppose it is also possible that the heater core became clogged rather suddenly, and you're not getting good flow through there.

  6. #6
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I had a small leak out of my water pump on my 04 Sierra at only 21K miles. New gaskets is all it needed though. If this problem happened suddenly I am inclined to agree with konigandy. I suppose it is also possible that the heater core became clogged rather suddenly, and you're not getting good flow through there.
    I guess another good question would be how many miles the vehicle has and has the cooling system ever been flushed. We rarely ever see heater core problems with any of the gmt800 platform trucks.

  7. #7
    Junior Member chevyman100%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia ,TN
    Posts
    5

    gold
    2004 z71

    It was water pump It had a leak but thanksgiving a lot

  8. #8
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by chevyman100% View Post
    It was water pump It had a leak but thanksgiving a lot
    No problem at all, glad we could help

    Thanksgiving for stopping by lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any probs with m&p .40?
    By SeVeReDiStOrTiOn in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 10:14 AM
  2. Help: i have a few probs
    By pbego16 in forum General Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 06:14 PM
  3. AC probs :(
    By awdrifter in forum V6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:02 PM
  4. 4L60 Probs
    By Tennessee in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
  5. LT1 Probs!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    By camarostripes96 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 01:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •