2" RC wheel spacers

This is a discussion on 2" RC wheel spacers within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just wanted to get some fresh opinions on these spacers I already bought and are waiting for. Are these ...

navy blue
    1998 camaro ss

2" RC wheel spacers

I just wanted to get some fresh opinions on these spacers I already bought and are waiting for. Are these much harder on certain steering and suspension components? I never tow or haul anything. Its my DD, and by the way its a 03 silverado standard cab, short bed, 4x4. I also got the torsion keys and block kit with 4 shocks for a little height. I hope its noticeable.didn't think it was a bad price either.idk

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

It'll be hard on the front wheel bearings mostly. they are also hard on the steering to a lesser extent. When you 1st put them on, recheck the lug nut torque frequently, like every day, ever 50 to 75 miles, or something like that. Just make sure they aren't coming loose.

navy blue
    1998 camaro ss

Should I use loctite? And is anybody familiar with the leveling kit I purchased? Install? Pretty noticeable? Thanks cutlass. Hopefully they won't be as hard on the bearings considering no tow or loads barely ever, but a 30 min each way to work everyday!

red
    95 Z28

The full size truck you have isn't a heavy one. The spacers shouldn't effect bearing life too much IMO, especially if you aren't driving the shit out of it. The torsion keys will, however, effect ride quality, and it does put more tension on the front springs. It will level the truck though.

navy blue
    1998 camaro ss

Are the keys pretty easy to install? I purchased the torsion tool also. And how will I know when I am adjusted to maximum height, which is what I want cause I got the 3" blocks for the back which I don't think will be too hard. I hope the 4 N2o shocks help too. Sorry I'm kinda switchin topis here a lil bit, just wanna know what I'm really gettin into. There seems to be mixed opinions about the spacers anyway. I hope they work out. Ill check em once in a while anyway for sure. Loctite the spacers?

red
    95 Z28

The keys wont be too bad, just follow the directions. 3+ inches is a lot to ask of the bars, they'll be maxed and the truck will ride like absolute shit. They'll be maxed out when you run out of adjustment at the key, or when the front end is too high (which half the people installing keys seem to do, and it looks retarded). You're going to be wearing out your front half shafts quicker too. I'd be a lot more worried about those than the wheel bearings with the spacers.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport0126 View Post
    And is anybody familiar with the leveling kit I purchased? Install? Pretty noticeable? Thanks cutlass.
    You never exactly said what kit you bought. Is it the RoughCounty leveling kit?
    Looks like that kit bumps the front end up 1.5 to 2 inches to be level with the rear. But then you can add on 3 inch rear blocks which will make it not level again, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport0126 View Post
    Are the keys pretty easy to install? Loctite the spacers?
    Depends on how rusted on the old keys are. I've removed keys or torsion bars on different trucks probably about 10 times in the last 5 years and i can only remember one that they came apart easy.

I'd try the spacers without loctite 1st.

navy blue
    1998 camaro ss

It is the rough country leveling kit with the 3" rear blocks

Thread Information