04 Silverado need trans temp guage

This is a discussion on 04 Silverado need trans temp guage within the GM Trucks forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; What's the best way to do a trans temp gauge/small electric fan set up. Can I switch out gauge clusters ...

White hall, ar

04 Silverado need trans temp guage

What's the best way to do a trans temp gauge/small electric fan set up. Can I switch out gauge clusters with a temp gauge made into it from an avalanche or something and it just plug and play?

Madison, WI

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

There are a few places on eBay that'll sell you a. Instrument cluster from a 2500 Silverado that's programmed to work in a 1500. Or they'll add the factory Trans temp gauge to your cluster.
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Super Moderator
    Mansfield, PA

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I mounted an aftermarket transmission temp gauge on the center console at the bottom of the dash in our T/A. Probably a whole lot simpler than swapping out a cluster. There should be a port on the driver side of the transmission for your sender.

95 Z28

I like the idea of using the factory cluster gauge. So much cleaner and better looking than aftermarket gauges.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Thread Information