04 crew cab 5.3 tsp 224r .600/.600 112lsa, 243 heads hp #'s?

Looking for aprx. Hp and tq. Gains with this set up. Have built trans with 3200 stall and 3.73 gears. Headers. Cai, and tune. 4wd truck. Also what could I do to better my low end power. Has stock truck intake.

red
    95 Z28

I'm thinking 40ish hp with the cam being added, assuming the tune is changed to accomadate the cam. Without changing camshafts, you're not going to change the low end torque significantly without changing other motor internals such as the rotating assembly to add displacement. Or adding a power added that is. And keep the truck manifold, it flows better than all the car manifolds anyway until you get up into huge cams and 90+ mm intakes and throttle bodies.

What would be a good reliable power adder since it is being daily driven.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Cheapest and lease amount of time/parts to install is N2O.

Stock internals are safe to 125 shot, after that you need to start investing in stuff to make the internals last.

know of a good heavy duty converter that would work good since its a daily driver. i just had this built trans go out with the 3k stall and i had a trans cooler (ram air).

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Cheapest and lease amount of time/parts to install is N2O.

Stock internals are safe to 125 shot, after that you need to start investing in stuff to make the internals last.
    That's your idea of a reliable power adder? Lol.

A roots style positive displacement supercharged is the best bet. Not cheap, but the 5.3 is a near bulletproof motor under boost, even with factory internals. The 4L65E on the other hand, is not. Best bet there is putting in a 4l80e, but that isn't cheap or easy. Otherwise you're left with throwing upgraded internals at a 4L65E, which is a crapshoot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    That's your idea of a reliable power adder? Lol.

A roots style positive displacement supercharged is the best bet. Not cheap, but the 5.3 is a near bulletproof motor under boost, even with factory internals. The 4L65E on the other hand, is not. Best bet there is putting in a 4l80e, but that isn't cheap or easy. Otherwise you're left with throwing upgraded internals at a 4L65E, which is a crapshoot.
    ^^ you just proved my post on Cheapest & easiest. N2O in 125 or less shot is fairly safe for stock motors, transmissions and rear ends; any more then that and you're looking at needing to build it all up.

I didn't say the best. I do agree with what you said about a supercharger or a well built Turbo system. I favor the turbo over the supercharger more in this case because he'll get more of a benefit out of the turbo from the torque for hauling and other truck stuff.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    ^^ you just proved my post on Cheapest & easiest. N2O in 125 or less shot is fairly safe for stock motors, transmissions and rear ends; any more then that and you're looking at needing to build it all up.

I didn't say the best. I do agree with what you said about a supercharger or a well built Turbo system. I favor the turbo over the supercharger more in this case because he'll get more of a benefit out of the turbo from the torque for hauling and other truck stuff.
    He didn't ask for cheapest and easiest. He asked for good and reliable for a daily driver. Who the fuck sprays their daily driver pickup truck when they need more power for towing or just driving around? Nobody with half a brain. Come on Scott, you're better than this.

And while I do love turbos, they're overly complicated and unnecessary when complete bolt on blowers exist that work really well. And they're all positive displacement, so he won't have any problem with low end power.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 04-06-2016 at 10:01 PM.

I burned up a 3k stall with a trans cooler and did not tow or foot break with it. It's had a fair amount of full throttle action but no foot breaking. Trans still over heated and trashed the converter. Run it maybe twice the rest just rolling flashes. Second time it's trashed a converter

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If done correctly, that should be a nice, reliable setup.
    Who built the converter, what trans cooler did you use, and who built the trans?
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    If done correctly, that should be a nice, reliable setup.
    Who built the converter, what trans cooler did you use, and who built the trans?
    A guy from warren motorsports in little rock, at. They also built the transmission. They installed a ram air cooler. Looks about 9x11 in size. I don't have a trans temp gauge but I'm looking to instal one. He said he's going to go with a v-6 type converter to stall around 2k and see what that acts like. The truck is tuned but I can use my dads superchips programmer to at least monitor my temps without re tuning it

I Wana bump my hp and tq up about 100 or so. What else could I do to get there? (Needs more low end. Doesn't wake up till 3,000 rpm)

red
    95 Z28

A stroker kit and ported heads isn't going to get you there, not on the low end anyway. Like was mentioned before, you're either going to boost or the bottle to get there.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Duramax swap will give you more low end!
    These aren't low end engines. but you could probably get some more low end with a small turbo that spools up fast.

Thread Information