Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    akmed

RE: Time to create real forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme
    Really? We've got a 8 year head start. So best of luck. "lol"

Then why are there but just a few days of posts?

Originally Posted by Extreme
    The LSZone Statistics
    Threads: 45, Posts: 396, Members: 330
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by akmed
    Then why are there but just a few days of posts?
    Too bad He deleted my thread...

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Brad, you don't have shit.
    You bought a site from someone and mismanaged it to DEATH.
    You now have nothing but a reputation of being a colossal fuck up on the most grand of scales.
    You have virtually no members here. The ones that are here are simply here to watch the fireworks until this site goes down, which will be about the time the payment due date comes around.
    You have no database of information.
    You have no sponsors.
    You pissed away what took 8 years to build and now that you have gone the extra mile in your abilities to run a forum, you are left with nothing. So don't get all high and mighty acting like you are superior to anyone or anything. You are a joke. That is so obvious that even you actually know it and you know at this point, everyone else finally knows it and you are going to have one hell of a time bullshitting your way out of this one.
    Last edited by DJ Red Barron; 08-02-2005 at 07:43 AM.

Umbrella Corp Employee EvilCamaroSS's Avatar
    1998 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You now have nothing but a reputation of being a colossal fuck up on the most grand of scales.
    You have virtually no members here. The ones that are here are simply here to watch the fireworks until this site goes down, which will be about the time the payment due date comes around.
    You have no sponsors.
    You pissed away what took 8 years to build and now that you have gone the extra mile in your abilities to run a forum, you are left with nothing. So don't get all high and mighty acting like you are superior to anyone or anything. You are a joke. That is so obvious that even you actually know it and you know at this point, everyone else finally knows it and you are going to have one hell of a time bullshitting your way out of this one.
    ...wow....

IBTL
    1998 Camaro Super Sport 400+ RWHP

Click Here for my Mod List!

2005 Subaru Legacy GT

akmed
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You have no sponsors.

Well it may last a little longer. The site's now on a shared server(multiple different sites on one server), not dedicated. I wonder how the server will handle the loads when there becomes higher traffic. Also, will last longer cause it's not as much money per billing cycle. Well maybe it'll last longer.

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Quote Originally Posted by EvilCamaroSS
    ...wow....

IBTL
    Yea.. Pretty much. Anybody who will have something to say other than the candy-coated BS he spills will probably result in getting a thread locked. Actually, I would look for the threads to start actually disappearing soon. If you make it look like it was never there, that looks so so much better.

Well it may last a little longer. The site's now on a shared server(multiple different sites on one server), not dedicated. I wonder how the server will handle the loads when there becomes higher traffic. Also, will last longer cause it's not as much money per billing cycle. Well maybe it'll last longer.
    Well, when you look at before and the sponsor money that was coming in as opposed to the expenses that should have been going out and compare that to the now... No sponsor money coming in and there are still expenses, though much less in cost, I would look for the pattern of non-payment to continue. But who knows? Maybe some how the place won't go offline for non-payment.

akmed
    Well, when you look at before and the sponsor money that was coming in as opposed to the expenses that should have been going out and compare that to the now... No sponsor money coming in and there are still expenses, though much less in cost, I would look for the pattern of non-payment to continue. But who knows? Maybe some how the place won't go offline for non-payment.

There's already sponsors.

What I don't understand is why Brad isn't clearing the air. He's just letting all the "rumors" fly around and tarnishing him. Brad, what happened? Or should I call the ISP to ask them? What was the need for the ISP switch?

FatBastard
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You have no sponsors.
    I'm dead sexy. Look at my sexy body.

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

There's already sponsors.

What I don't understand is why Brad isn't clearing the air. He's just letting all the "rumors" fly around and tarnishing him. Brad, what happened? Or should I call the ISP to ask them? What was the need for the ISP switch?
    You're kidding... He picked up sponsors again or are you speaking of those left from LS1.com before?

He's already tarnished. Only those who haven't been around for a good while will see this as Brad being picked on and talked about. Think about this... Most of his ENTIRE staff left over a year ago to start a new board. I am not talking just a mod or two... I am talking about damn near every mod & person running the place. The reason they left was due to Brads "management" issues. He can say what he wants. But when a large group of people leave saying it was for a specified reason and the only rebuttal is one guy saying it was some sort of conspiracy against him, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the liar is.

You can ask Brad what happened. But you will be fed a line. If you want to know, call the ISP. Hell, go search the archives of other message boards. There are multiple threads with multiple pages each telling all about Brad and how he operates.

FatterBastard

FattestBastard

1998 Camaro SS

Most of his ENTIRE staff left over a year ago to start a new board. I am not talking just a mod or two... I am talking about damn near every mod & person running the place. The reason they left was due to Brads "management" issues. He can say what he wants. But when a large group of people leave saying it was for a specified reason and the only rebuttal is one guy saying it was some sort of conspiracy against him, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the liar is.
    I think of it more as a herd mentality.

A large number of LS1.com staffers attached themselves to the former admins, who were online and posting every day—whereas Brad was a figure in the background. This is natural and understandable. It was therefore relatively easy for these admins and other staffers to demonize Brad for his financial mismanagement—which was no one's business but Brad's and those directly involved. The result was a case study in collective behaviour: the mass adoption of a pathological and almost personal dislike for Brad.

neener

banana

MrPotatoHead

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL
    which was no one's business but Brad's and those directly involved.
    Saying that the death of every post over the last 8 years was not the business of all of the users who post here is kind of short sighted. If Brad was having trouble paying his car payment or house payment, then that is none of my business. When he lets all the technical information along with thousands of users disappear then I respectfully disagree with you. A lot of the people bitching about Brad run sites of their own. They understand what it takes to run a board. It isn't a point of herd mentality or taking sides. There are no sides to be taken. Only one can be faulted for the loss.

-------------------
    NICKLE57

1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by NICKLE57
    Saying that the death of every post over the last 8 years was not the business of all of the users who post here is kind of short sighted. If Brad was having trouble paying his car payment or house payment, then that is none of my business. When he lets all the technical information along with thousands of users disappear then I respectfully disagree with you. A lot of the people bitching about Brad run sites of their own. They understand what it takes to run a board. It isn't a point of herd mentality or taking sides. There are no sides to be taken. Only one can be faulted for the loss.

-------------------
    NICKLE57
    I was talking about the board schism in Feb. 2004, not the demise of LS1.com in July 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL
    I was talking about the board schism in Feb. 2004, not the demise of LS1.com in July 2005.
    Yes but the demise of LS1.com last month was a direct result of why everyone left in 2004. Brad kind of removed all doubt from most of the people that hung with LS1.com. Until July LS1.com was close to getting back on track to where it was before the big break of 2004. If you go over to LS2.com and read threads from back in 2004 almost all of the admin that started that site along with most of the mods predicted that this would happen. They weren't a bunch of sages or mystical people. They predicted this would happen based on the reason that they all left. Namely the way the finances of the board were being handled. .......and here we are.

Hmmm this could get good!

Thread Information