[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Been a rough start to the month. Monday, the tire shop lifted the SS with the wrong pucks, rockers and front fenders were sitting on the lift... luckily I was there to throw a fit and get them to fix it, got a hefty discount and made the manager help me realign the passenger fender (it was the only one that didn't flex back into place when they dropped it back down). Tuesday I got a call while at lunch from my wife, who could barely talk straight to tell me that her father passed away. Telling our boys was the hardest part... Yesterday was a wash, though we did get to watch some good thunderstorms roll through, and today I'm just tired. Fortunately it's my Friday. Going to take the wife and kids to Robbers Cave State Park tomorrow, do some hiking and sightseeing to get their minds off of things.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Been a rough start to the month. Monday, the tire shop lifted the SS with the wrong pucks, rockers and front fenders were sitting on the lift... luckily I was there to throw a fit and get them to fix it, got a hefty discount and made the manager help me realign the passenger fender (it was the only one that didn't flex back into place when they dropped it back down). Tuesday I got a call while at lunch from my wife, who could barely talk straight to tell me that her father passed away. Telling our boys was the hardest part... Yesterday was a wash, though we did get to watch some good thunderstorms roll through, and today I'm just tired. Fortunately it's my Friday. Going to take the wife and kids to Robbers Cave State Park tomorrow, do some hiking and sightseeing to get their minds off of things.
    Here's to hoping the weekend is looking up for you.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yea, mother in law over dosed and has been comatose since last Thursday. My wife being the only child has had to handle all of the decisions etc. No telling when of if she will ever wake. Been a rough May so far.

Navy Blue Metallic

Sorry guys it's tough place to be.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Weekend was much better. Robbers Cave is a great park, we spent all day Friday hiking, climbing, taking pictures etc. Kids really enjoyed it, it was good to get them away for a day. Saturday me and the Wifey did some garage sale hopping in some higher end neighborhoods, got a decent haul. Yesterday we found a pair of 3-4 week old raccoons in the attic space of my porch. We took advantage of the fact that we could use Route 66 to get to the wildlife rescue and made an evening of it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Anyone know what code readers will read airbag codes? My neighbor has an airbag code on his '13 silverado....dealership told him $700-$900 the fix. He's 82 so he can't fix it himself. My code reader won't do airbags so I gotta buy one that does. I'm sure it's gonna be a sensor under the radiator...just gotta figure out which one.

Navy Blue Metallic

They vary in price but there are new scanners that do.

Advance Autoparts I think has one they can scan it for you to at least tell you the code.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I stopped by advanced today and asked....theirs wouldn't do air bags they said. Gonna check vatozone next then O'Reilly's. I don't really need a new scanner....I'd hate to have to buy one just for this. I'll check some shops too...maybe one of those guys will read it for me. There's one in town that pulled an abs code for me but that's been 10 years ago probably.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Our '13 Silverado has a ghost ABS issue. My guess is water in a sensor. It typically only occurs during winter, but lately it's been comin' on and off. Dash says 'service airbag soon', and the light comes on, then disappears.

My thoughts...if it's not on, they can't diagnose it. The engine light has been on for months too, somethin' about an evap circuit. Meh.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Pretty sure there are 4 sensors....2 under the radiator and I believe 2 in the doors. Wonder if you're getting water in the doors and that's getting to a sensor there? I need to go over and see if his light is staying on. I just assumed it was....might oughta check that. Truthfully I don't even want to mess with it. If I had a scanner that read airbags and it was a simple sensor swap that's one thing but I got enough shit of my own to do here without trouble shooting someone else's stuff that I don't even have the proper tools for.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Once the light stays on then we'll get it looked at. Until then...it's just annoying and I'm waiting for it to go off and give me a random black eye for no reason.

Navy Blue Metallic

I must be a glutton for punishment. Getting a 97 Firebird Vert from my neighbor soon. Needs some work but nothing to bad except the vert top has to be replaced and I need to replace at the rear seats too. Possible car for my daughter's 16th b-day in a yr. Can't complain on price $500
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Customer has an 85 Capri for sale. Only wants 750
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Navy Blue Metallic

The original owner got quoted $1300 to fix what turned out to be the coolant bypass tubes ($13 and 30 mins of time). They had her thinking she blew out the head gaskets and over heated the engine. My neighbor was friends with her and he asked me about it. Told him what it would take to fix it and by the time he got back to her she decided to just get a new car so he bought it off of her. Wanted to give to his daughter but after 5 months she wants nothing to do with fixing it up. So my turn. If I don't keep it I can always flip it for $2000 once I fix the top.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information