Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

*** Love Stinks February TRAIN ***

This is a discussion on *** Love Stinks February TRAIN *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Mornin...

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Mornin
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Thought I posted this yesterday but must've hit cancel or something.
    In the process of shopping for a new washer. Currently have a Maytag front loader that I'm tired of working on. We've had it 6 years and I've had to put bearings in it every 2 years. Done with that POS.
    Thought I was set to buy a speed queen. Durability wise they can't be beat. The downsides of them though are size and old tech. Family of 5 means a ton of laundry every week so a bigger tub would be awesome. They're also not high efficiency washers so that's harder on our septic.
    I was looking at LG and Electrolux which both have decent reviews but the LG washers have quite a few balance issue reviews. Kenmore elite makes a decent one also but they're built by LG so balance issues still a concern. Not in a hurry so have time to research. What brands do you guys use and happy with them?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 97 FBVert

Was the old one a front loader or top? I'm done with front loaders. Had 2 in a row and they both themselves. I like the one we have now but can't remember the brand at the moment. I'll look when I get home.

Funny you bring this up cause last night our drier control board blew a solder connection and fried a pathway. Damn board is $275. Lucky I have a buddy that is good with electronics and is working on a fix for it now. Let's just say for all he's helped me with on our HVAC at the house he hasn't had to buy lunch for a few yrs now when we go out.

Also funny how a simple "how old is the drier?" question can lead to an argument. I said 2-3 yrs and wife thinks it's closer to 5-6. not something I dwell on.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Current Maytag is a front load. I'm like you.....done with those I think. There are a couple front loaders that have really good reviews though.....the electolux is one of them. There's also a maytag (Maytag MHW8200FC) that scores well but after all the bearing issues I've had with this one Maytag is off the table. Speed queen makes a front load but no one around has one in stock to look at. The only way I would get a front load is if I could find a speed queen. I guess I'm trying to find something that doesn't really exist. Durability of a speed queen and size efficiency of an LG.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a speed queen and it has worked flawlessly for many years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It's on jackstands.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

We've always had good luck with Kenmore, but I have refused to buy anything but the more dated and 'traditional' washer and dryer types. They just work. We've had the current setup for 5-6 years, while my brother has gone through 3 different front load HE washers in about the same time frame. I'm the old man yelling at cloud when it comes to washer/dryer tech.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic

The front loads are not a bad concept. It always seems to come down to the bearings going out on the front side of the machine for me. Both times that ring of bearings went out. I honestly think it's because they use too much plastic over metal to make them "lighter" for that bearing ring. Both times I found a crack on the ring.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Bearings went on my front loader. Major pain to replace plus it was 6+ years old. Bought a top end loader big enough to wash our king size bed set in 1 load. We are about to be a family of 6 late this month so size does matter. Don't remember the brand will have to look later.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Bearings went on my front loader. Major pain to replace plus it was 6+ years old. Bought a top end loader big enough to wash our king size bed set in 1 load. We are about to be a family of 6 late this month so size does matter. Don't remember the brand will have to look later.
    How long have you had the current one? Look at the brand if you don't mind. We're pretty similar as far as family size. Only difference is after the 3rd kid my wife figured out what was causing them and stopped
    Kenmore has one that's 6.2 cu ft haha....that's frigin huge. I would have to measure door sizes to see if I could even get that through them. I think I'm leaning towards the 5 cu ft LG top load. Probably end up kicking myself when it tears up in 5 years for not getting the speed queen. They're just small.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Only difference is after the 3rd kid my wife figured out what was causing them and stopped
    Do you blame her?? Having to look at you......

Arctic White, red/gray

It's only 4 months old. It's a whirlpool want to say it was 5.something cu ft. Washers are only built to last 3-5 years these days it seems.

Navy Blue Metallic

*** Love Stinks February TRAIN ***

Tim ours is a Samsung. Has a extra large tub as well.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

97 FB Vert

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm no closer to knowing now than a week ago on what we should get. My gut tells me ( and just due to size it gets 2 votes) that I should get the speed queen. Everything else tells me to get the LG that has a much bigger capacity and just go in knowing I'll be buying new shit again in less than 10 years. If it were me and the wife speed queen would be hands down the way I'd go. Probably is.....it's not just us. We have a shit ton of laundry every week with 3 kids and 2 of them in sports so they wear multiple shit a day. Ass loads of towels. It would be nice to pretty much cut the number of loads I do in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Get the Speed Queen. Top load with stainless tub. No other brand beats it. There's a reason why all the laundry mats use that brand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gray/ White

More roller coaster weather the rest of the week

Arctic White, red/gray

Yep, found a leak in my couple month old gutters. Not the gutter itself but the flashing the comes from under the singles down into the gutter. One of our second story windows looked like a frozen waterfall thanks to all the rapid warming and cooling that is melting snow and then freezing it again at the point the flashing is not working. Do I go up there and fix it myself and wait until the company who installed the gutters comes out to fix it.... I don't like to wait and I know if I fix it then it will work properly. But I did pay them and they should fix it.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Gray/ White

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, found a leak in my couple month old gutters. Not the gutter itself but the flashing the comes from under the singles down into the gutter. One of our second story windows looked like a frozen waterfall thanks to all the rapid warming and cooling that is melting snow and then freezing it again at the point the flashing is not working. Do I go up there and fix it myself and wait until the company who installed the gutters comes out to fix it.... I don't like to wait and I know if I fix it then it will work properly. But I did pay them and they should fix it.
    take it from someone who fell off the ladder doing gutters....wait. haha Seriously though I would call them out and have them fix it. I would also take plenty of pictures. If water got to anything because of it they should be on the hook for that also.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Ordered some LED sidemarkers for the SS today....for the added horsepower of course.
    SMWS6TA likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information