Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SFC's group purchase

This is a discussion on SFC's group purchase within the Group Purchases Request forums, part of the Sales and Group Purchases from our Great Sponsors! category; when this thread started i pmed mark and umi i'm surprised nothing has come up yet....

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

when this thread started i pmed mark and umi i'm surprised nothing has come up yet.

black
    2001 Trans am ws6 vert

Is there any news on the sfc's

black
    1998 trans am

Ok guys

the deal is ready to start.

Here is the plan UMI is going to do the 15% OFF with KYSPEED.com kicking in the FREE shipping if purchased from KYSPEED.com.

I will have the sale up on the site asap. also if you order and the price is not correct I will correct it.

Thanks,
    Mark
    www.KYSPEED.com

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

very cool, please let us know when it is up thanks mark.

Black
    '98 Z28

Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by marksls1ta View Post
    Ok guys

the deal is ready to start.

Here is the plan UMI is going to do the 15% OFF with KYSPEED.com kicking in the FREE shipping if purchased from KYSPEED.com.

I will have the sale up on the site asap. also if you order and the price is not correct I will correct it.

Thanks,
    Mark
    www.KYSPEED.com
    There was a sale last week at a nonsponsor for the same price with free shipping. EDIT. Just looked and the sale is still going on. 15% and free shipping. Non group purchase. Actually, all of their suspension parts are on sale.
    Last edited by tpilews; 12-26-2010 at 09:42 PM.

black
    1998 trans am

UMI tells me when I can put it on sale.

thanks,
    Mark

Hello Everyone,

We hope everyone had a great Christmas! I know it went way too fast...

Until January 2, 2011 all UMI Performance products will be 15% off and discounted shipping, some dealers such as KY Speed are even offering free shipping.

Please consider the cost to ship a set of SFC's, we don't let a set of SFC's leave here for at least $20.00 in shipping, if you are in west coast and order a set of 3-Point connectors your shipping bill is usually $50.00 plus. Many of our SFC boxes are oversize and coat extra shipping. KY Speed is taking a pretty good hit at free shipping to get everyone the best deal possible.

Thank you and enjoy!
    Ryan
    www.umiperformance.com

black
    2001 Trans am ws6 vert

I just ordered the subframe connectors , but it didn't credit the 15% .

Thanks in advance

Black
    '98 Z28

Sorry, just not impressed with the group purchase price. I was a member here back before the crash and remember what group purchases are supposed to be. There were some great deals back in the day. I remember a JetHot LT and y-pipe GP that got a ton of orders.

If this is all the sponsors can do, I'm out.

black
    2001 Trans am ws6 vert

with shipping your saving like 50 bucks

black
    1998 trans am

I got the order I am in the process of changing price now.

Thanks,
    Mark

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider095 View Post
    with shipping your saving like 50 bucks
    There's the exact same price at other sites with free shipping. This isn't a "special" price. 20% with free shipping would make this deal exclusive to this site. When you're doing a group purchase and guaranteeing 10+ units bought, you'd think you'd be getting a better deal than if joe schmo were to check out xyz.com. I'm still very interested, but not at this price.
    Last edited by tpilews; 12-27-2010 at 10:16 AM.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    There's the exact same price at other sites with free shipping. This isn't a "special" price. 20% with free shipping would make this deal exclusive to this site. When you're doing a group purchase and guaranteeing 10+ units bought, you'd think you'd be getting a better deal than if joe schmo were to check out xyz.com. I'm still very interested, but not at this price.
    I'm sorry, but I tent to agree here, was thinking more along the lines of 20% to perhaps a possibility of 25% off, around the holidays, new year arriving, etc. I still need a pair, but March is a little ways off yet. Would like to see what other sponsors may be willing to do on other sites before I jump the gun on 15%. None-the-less, a big thanks to Mark for putting his hand out and getting a GP

black
    1998 trans am

pricing on site fixed

Thanks,
    Mark
    www.KYSPEED.com

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Sorry, just not impressed with the group purchase price. I was a member here back before the crash and remember what group purchases are supposed to be. There were some great deals back in the day. I remember a JetHot LT and y-pipe GP that got a ton of orders.

this thread started as a group buy but what mark has advertised is a sale price with no min. amount of people to buy. and he is doing better then what umi will do.
    UMI After Christmas Sale- 15% off & $9.99 Shipping!
    hey to save 30 bucks today i will do it.

lets try to keep this civil. i get you point but he never said group buy just posted the sale price.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Awww man, I was hoping for a better deal

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    this thread started as a group buy but what mark has advertised is a sale price with no min. amount of people to buy. and he is doing better then what umi will do.
    UMI After Christmas Sale- 15% off & $9.99 Shipping!
    hey to save 30 bucks today i will do it.

lets try to keep this civil. i get you point but he never said group buy just posted the sale price.
    I'm keeping this civil. I'm just displaying my displeasure with UMI's inability to be flexible with their vendor's pricing. I have no beef with Mark. Hell, he probably made me a customer with his willingness to work with the us. I will definitely be buying from him in the future. UMI, on the other hand, missed on a great chance to make a potential customer for life out of me. I don't normally hold grudges, but I definitely will not forget this.

I'm keeping this civil. I'm just displaying my displeasure with UMI's inability to be flexible with their vendor's pricing. I have no beef with Mark. Hell, he probably made me a customer with his willingness to work with the us. I will definitely be buying from him in the future. UMI, on the other hand, missed on a great chance to make a potential customer for life out of me. I don't normally hold grudges, but I definitely will not forget this.
    Hello,

I am sorry you feel this way and we hate to lose a customer, we try to please everyone and we will do our best to do that. However please understand our side of this. We didn't start the group purchase, members here on the site did. We had a sale planned so we offered our sale pricing.

We as a company need to make a profit to survive. In the past two years pricing on steel has increased 10-25%, hardware pricing has increased greatly, cardboard boxes have gone up, heath insurance for employees, freight to receive items and the list goes on. We haven't raised any prices in the past two years on our products. This means that we (UMI) is taking a hit on these increases, our profit on products has decreased. We don't have the room in prices to offer huge discounts at this time but we do the best we can. Also please remember that KY Speed has to make money as well being a middle man, so this means they are buying product from us at an even lower price to sale it to you at a discount.

Due to these increases that I mentioned above UMI is being forced to raise prices in early 2011. Some items such as our 3-Point SFC's will be going up as much as $30-50. We have been doing to best we can to offset these cost but we can no longer do it.

I hope you understand, we did the best we can on pricing. I am sure if you PM Mark he could do a little better on pricing on some items.

Thanks for understanding,
    Ryan

black
    1998 trans am

Thanks Ryan for the sale prices.

UMI has been a great company to be a vendor for and there products are backed up by the best people.

PM me if we can help out any.

Mark

98 Formula
    06 duramax

like the song goes....the times they are a changing. You can't expect the same price deals that were going around 5 years ago. IMO 15% off and free shipping is a pretty decent deal. I've also dealt with Mark at KYSPEED and will tell you that he does everything he can for his customers. If you don't like the price that's fine but if that's what Mark says he can do I can guarantee you that he's doing everything he can for you guys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information