Artic White
    2001 Z-28

Why are there EVO's And STI's on a LS1 Forum?

Just wanted to know why there are so many Evo's and Sti's on an LS1 forum? Why would anyone post kill stories about and WRX? Not to be a dick I know those cars are quick I am just getting tired of seeing them. I like the way the perform but not so much the way they look. I got in a fight the other day with some kid with a srt-4 neon because i said it was a neon. he kept saying it was a srt-4 not a neon. But out of a WRX, Neon and Evo's. I like the wrx's the best.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Why are they here? Because they are performance guys like us. Because we respect anything that earns it. So what if it isn't a V8, they are at the top of their class. LS1s were the best in their class when they were produced, I think that puts us on an equal level. To put them out just because they are in a different class wouldn't make any sense.

(class meaning type of car -size, engine size and type etc. I'm not saying higher class and lower class, lol.)

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    Why are they here? Because they are performance guys like us. Because we respect anything that earns it. So what if it isn't a V8, they are at the top of their class. LS1s were the best in their class when they were produced, I think that puts us on an equal level. To put them out just because they are in a different class wouldn't make any sense.

(class meaning type of car -size, engine size and type etc. I'm not saying higher class and lower class, lol.)

explains my reason for being here...got to keep an eye on the competition...and some of you guys are pretty cool

Artic White
    2001 Z-28

haha my buddy has a lightning. They are alot of freakin fun to drive I love hearing that thing spool up!! I remember when we were spinning the wheels at 80 the first week he got it. I guess I am just prone to disliking imports. What was your 1/4?

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

no idea yet...but the dyno numbers are nice at 391 / 520

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

should be into the 12s though

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

That is the best post I have seen on this forum!

I joined after racing a SS and was hoping he would be on here. He wasn't but I wanted to find more out about the SS and TA, so I stayed. I plan on getting some type of car with an LS1 in it, because to me the LS series engine is the best engine out there.

To me there are not Imports and Domestics. I don't care where a care is made. If it performs well and has potential to be made much faster, then I like the car. It's that simple. I look past the looks and more into the performance. If I wanted a car that looked nice, I'd get a luxury car...

White
    2001 Trans Am

Good man right there^

BLACK
    01 WS6

Try going to a civic forum and posting on there. I tried this once, it was like 30 against 1. And by the way there was no kill stories or drag racing forum anywhere. Getting any of them to talk about quarter mile times was impossible, they would act like I was not even there. I used to not like imports, and for the most part I still don't, but as for the evo and the sti, I think I am starting to come around, I'll give respect where respect is due. I love a good race, regardless of what the other person drives.

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by smg267
    Just wanted to know why there are so many Evo's and Sti's on an LS1 forum? Why would anyone post kill stories about and WRX? Not to be a dick I know those cars are quick I am just getting tired of seeing them. I like the way the perform but not so much the way they look. I got in a fight the other day with some kid with a srt-4 neon because i said it was a neon. he kept saying it was a srt-4 not a neon. But out of a WRX, Neon and Evo's. I like the wrx's the best.

"Why are there EVO's And STI's on a LS1 Forum? "
    Because I go to EVO and STI forums and talk shit. It's my fault. HAH!

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKM6
    Try going to a civic forum and posting on there. I tried this once, it was like 30 against 1. And by the way there was no kill stories or drag racing forum anywhere. Getting any of them to talk about quarter mile times was impossible, they would act like I was not even there. I used to not like imports, and for the most part I still don't, but as for the evo and the sti, I think I am starting to come around, I'll give respect where respect is due. I love a good race, regardless of what the other person drives.

I don't know what import board you were on, but that sounds like a really bad example. I used to be very heavy into that whole scene and we welcomed everybody that wanted to share on the board. We constantly talked aobut 1/4 times (mine was a street legal Civic that ran 10.86 on slicks) with several cars being extremely fast.

they are pretty quick cars

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

i think what he means was the kids with 15+ track times were not so quick to talk about it...on the other hand if i ever ran a 10 id have it posted on every sentence i write.

White
    2001 Trans Am

Yea^ if you run a 10, it dont make a damn how many cylinders you are sporting!

Junior Member LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

Some Of Us Like To Ride On Both Side Of The Fence.... Personally I Can Appreciate The Raw Power Of My 2001 Ws6 6-speed...but That Is The Show Car With Only 3,484 Miles With All The Mods!!!!

My Every Day, All Weather Mustang Crusher Is My 2006 Infiniti G36 Coupe 6-speed!!! It Might Not Be V8 American Muscle, But Boy That Car Can Move Out!

Thanks For Your Time,
    Chris

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKM6
    ...I'll give respect where respect is due. I love a good race, regardless of what the other person drives.
    I hear ya. I'm with you on that. And when respect is not due, none will be given. Respect is earned. A huge problem today is that so many feel they are entitled to respect automatically just because they run their mouths about how fast something is. (Yes, it may be real fast in your imagination, but reality is something different.)

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    I hear ya. I'm with you on that. And when respect is not due, none will be given. Respect is earned. A huge problem today is that so many feel they are entitled to respect automatically just because they run their mouths about how fast something is. (Yes, it may be real fast in your imagination, but reality is something different.)
    My car is uber fast yo! It's mad JDM tyte, and yours isn't so I automatically win! Plus, I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. For that 10 secs or less, I feel free!

Oh dear lord. What you said is all to true. I can't stand all the shit talking on the street. I don't talk shit, I prove it. My saying is...

"Race what you brought, if you lose, don't bitch."

I can't stand people that always have an excuse either. You have a V8, I have a boost leak. I have an idea people STFU! You knew you were going to be racing a V8. You knew you had a boost leak. You lost, its plain and simple. UGH!

/rant

black
    98 Camaro Z28 05 SRT-4

Thumbs up

well said

Thread Information