Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Why are Stangs so much slower?

This is a discussion on Why are Stangs so much slower? within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; this is the mother of all threads. I'm looking forward to smoking the new Z06 once I do my cylinder ...

this is the mother of all threads.
    I'm looking forward to smoking the new Z06 once I do my cylinder AFR head/cam, 90mm throttle body, new springs. $3500 mod
    as far as Cobras and stuff.. all I needed is the free mods which cost me $1200 buck,
    cai, lid, filter, cutback exhaust, a moderate HPP3 tune and new MAF and LS1 is there with the 390hp SVT. big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly
    this is the mother of all threads.
    I'm looking forward to smoking the new Z06 once I do my cylinder AFR head/cam, 90mm throttle body, new springs. $3500 mod
    as far as Cobras and stuff.. all I needed is the free mods which cost me $1200 buck,cai, lid, filter, cutback exhaust, a moderate HPP3 tune and new MAF and LS1 is there with the 390hp SVT. big deal.

you're the first guy Ive ever seen pay $1200 for FREE mods...lol.

your 99' is going to need more than those mods to make 350RWHP.

neah,, after the AFR head/ cam swap and a few other bolt on I should be 410-420rwhp.
    free mods were pretty chep.. but Corsa cut back, 800..

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly
    neah,, after the AFR head/ cam swap and a few other bolt on I should be 410-420rwhp.
    free mods were pretty chep.. but Corsa cut back, 800..

brother, it's a "catback" not a cutback.
    gothca..

Red
    2001 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Didn't know if you mentioned the 2000 Mach 1 with 310 HP

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlash
    Didn't know if you mentioned the 2000 Mach 1 with 310 HP
    is this a joke?
    mach 1 03/04 made only limited production years?

cut back = catback

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Might be tuff.....but how's a LS-2 402 motor, Stage III heads, Custom Cam, Methanol Injection, and to top it all off....a 76MM Turbo......but with that K&N air filter of yours I dont think I have a chance....
    Damn! How much mony did you spend for that????? =D Sounds awesome and if i buy a LS1 F-Body i will also get so much torque and HP!

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by White Cobra View Post
    Damn! How much mony did you spend for that????? =D Sounds awesome and if i buy a LS1 F-Body i will also get so much torque and HP!
    According to the wife....wayyyyyy too much....lol......I may get a little crazy one day and try some race gas and then kick the boost up and play with the timing a little.....I just didn't see the need at the time.........you know what's even funnier......when the car is sitting still you really can't tell it's capable of that....I mean you can hear the cam a little but it's not radical.....I have people look at the car and they only see one tail pipe and think it's a v-6....lol...we have this kid here in town that has a WRX and he supposidly put a lot of money into it......I absolutley Annihilated him.....

Do you have pictures or vidz of your car?? =)

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Do you have pictures or vidz of your car?? =)
    I'll work on some of those.....may take it back to the dyno when I put the engine brace on it......I'll tape that.......as for pics...I'll take some of those and post......

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I'll work on some of those.....may take it back to the dyno when I put the engine brace on it......I'll tape that.......as for pics...I'll take some of those and post......
    That would be nice! =)

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Does Hooker make a cutback exhaust?

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

hooker makes a catback exhaust

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    hooker makes a catback exhaust
    But I heard cutbacks flow better

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Are the cutbacks the versions made south of the border?

Black
    2000 Z-28

I own a 01 GT and a 00 Z-28 and I can honestly say that the Z-28 would win stock for stock. Certainly the reason for this is because a 345hp engine should easily beat a 260hp engine at similar vehicle weights. People who say that there is no replacement for displacement don't know what they're talking about as superchargers, turbos and nitrous are the replacement. Look at Sean Hylands website and read about a 6 second turbo 4.6 if you don't believe me.

Silver
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by zinc03 View Post
    BTW there's about 16,000-20,000 of that model of stang running around
    don't know where your shopping at, because to this date i can't find one under 23,000 on cars.com

the supercharged cobra is some god aweful beast that the svt team somehow slipped by the heads at ford before they could stop it. The car is fast! But what car wouldn't be fast with a supercharged modern v8.....But the car isn't cheep :P. The car was produced to try and run with the z06 corvette. Both of which I'd never own, because they don't have a targa top as an option.

my friend has a convertible 04 cobra which I liked a lot. But there are a few disadvantages to the car over an f body. 1, the MPG isn't even in the same ball park as an f body. 2. it's geared so low from the factory that the thing was running over 2,000 rpm at 60 mph in 6th gear. if you geared a NA f body to that extent you'd have a race on your hands.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

That would be nice! =)
    I took some pics and put them on here....check them out if you like......

C 55 Kompressor absulotely MURDERED me!

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    well lets drop a 351 in a stang and see what it does... oh wait saleen did... ford supercharged it fromt he factory... yay for them... gm doesnt do fun stuff... tough...

thats not even an arguement... thats like saying yeah but the ferrari has a v12... yeah thats what makes it a damn ferrari...

would you bitch that a lightening can spank an SS silverado? i hope not chevy just didnt have the balls to supercharge the SS...

I'm a pontiac guy... if i can gm all the way bros... but if a term was the same price and carried the same insurance that an ss does... there would be a term in my damn garage... purely cause im in it for the power... and with a 70 hp gap ford could win my heart over... oh and saying a rustang is always a pusstang... yeah thats like comparing a firehawk to a firebird... ones the king of the skys and the other cant even fly over a fence...

and there is a replace ment for displacement... its called a fucking supercharger...
    Well Said... there is always this too. people with terminator cobras can bolt on a 50 $ pully, and with a 300 $ hand held programmer make 400 + RWHP easily, for less then 400.00 in cash. Provided they know what the hell they are doing when they tune... Or say they pay to have it tuned.. So really another couple hundred bucks for that say, and you buy the programmer just to hold your street/strip tunes to flash on the fly. Your still making 400 + hp RWHP for short change. Believe it or not, 400+ RWHP is common place for modded terminators. You can almost get to 500 RWHP on factory blower, 475 is about the highest i have seen... AGAIN THIS IS RWHP not Engine HP!!! People with whipples or kenne bells make closer to 600 RWHP, and the turbo cobras,,,, well we won't talk about them... Mind you many do this on factory internals.
    I don't care how much displacement you have, ss camaros and WS6 T/As make less then 300 RWHP. Your going to need serious work to hang with a cobra like that. Heads and cam just to get the party started, tuning, then add some laughing gas to make up the difference. Because lets be real, heads and cam alone aint going to get you another 200 + RWHP. Then there is the time invested... Where as the cobra owner did it on an afternoon lunch break and on short change, the LS1 owner spent well over 2 Gs on parts, and not to mention hours upon hours on labor.
    03/04 cobras don't play no games.

Mustang GTs are for kids, you daddy would tell you to get a T/A or a camaro over a GT iffin you wanna go fast. But if you can afford it, an 03/04 cobra, plus some short change on mods, and you will have no fear when you prowl the streets.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information