Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Why So Many Stangs...............?

Damnit! Upon parking my vehicle at home after work and dusting it. I look up and a Black Cobra rumbles by. A minute later, I look up again to see a Blue Mustang GT roll by, then a Stang V6 rolled by a couple seconds later! Mothers of children! Drives me nutz to see so Mustangs over here in California..

If the new Camaro priced comparable to the Stangs, I will see as many of them rolling by too.

Shit I had to do a lookup on cars.com to priced a used Stang today from what I have read on Forums. I couldn't believe my eyes that a used 2006 Saleen with 300 horses was being priced from 59,000 down to $40,000.

If you have knowledge, enlighten me as why they are priced so high being used with only 300 hp.

white
    02 SS

Quite frankly they are paying for the name...Saleen. I serve in the ARMY in Killeen, Tx. and there are Mustangs everywhere. I drive from my house to work, and on a slow day I count at least 15. It is truly a horrible problem!!!
    02 SS, Cammed and other shit!!!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down In A Day?

We should begin a poll. How many Mustangs do you see in a day?

Drives me kind of nutz to see this one fugly woman traveling opposite of me pratically the same time every day in a Black 2006 Mustang with 2 chrome locks in the front hood! I can't believe they sell these vehicle with OEM hood lock hahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    Quite frankly they are paying for the name...Saleen. I serve in the ARMY in Killeen, Tx. and there are Mustangs everywhere. I drive from my house to work, and on a slow day I count at least 15. It is truly a horrible problem!!!

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

gah. i hate it. they are all over the place. i can count 20 at least on just fairview rd on a good day on the way to chat state

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i think i got it the worst...they are everywhere in my town back home...EVERYWHERE!!!!!. You can't drive more than a few blocks without seeing one. I could take pictures of one day and prove it to you all. I hate it the most when local towns have car shows and the mustang guys take home everything, because there is one f-body per 15-20 mustangs. I fucking hate mustangs and I usually hate the owners as well, not always.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

5th place

Man, you say that, but I just read that the Knight Rider tv show ranked 5th last Sunday. I can't believe that Chit!

Speaking about Mustangs.... I think you will be seeing that new Camaro all over the place when it hit the market. I wanted to get one, but don't know about that anymore!!! I don't want to be mirror many other cars on the road!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i keep hearing limited production, you better pick one up. supposedly this is due to all the new emission and mpg standards

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink How do you know?

Where did you hear they will be limited in production? Yah, the Gov wants better standard for MPG but I am not sure how General will Play out their production.

I believe dealership will price gouge when the vehicle hits the market. Anything hot that's out, seller will always take advantage of. You remember the Wii a Christmas ago?

The new Camaro has a very attractive wide Rear End..... that's the best thing about them!!!!! I also like the Fuel Management Cylinder Deactivation.......

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Where did you hear they will be limited in production? Yah, the Gov wants better standard for MPG but I am not sure how General will Play out their production.

I believe dealership will price gouge when the vehicle hits the market. Anything hot that's out, seller will always take advantage of. You remember the Wii a Christmas ago?

The new Camaro has a very attractive wide Rear End..... that's the best thing about them!!!!! I also like the Fuel Management Cylinder Deactivation.......
    it's speculation, i hope there is limited production, i don't want just anyone sporting one of these bad boys

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I also like the Active Fuel Management feature for the '10 Camaro but what if you put full exhaust on the car. What will it sound like idling? I'd be wanting to keep my foot in it all the time just to keep it in full v8 mode for the music. I am in love with the sound of a v8.

Sorry to be off topic, no mention of Mustangs

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I'm sure there is a way to disable the "fuel management" just like anything else you can override on our cars. Like traction control or the lights being on all the time.

mustangs are so common because of the affordability factor

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

there are so many mustangs here but they are girls who drive them... i see alot of camaros and all are guys and some girls

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

if i ever see a girl in an f-body i'll go out of my way to go pick her up..total turn on! lol

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

HATERS!!!!!! LOL..... Im also in the US Army and yes there are allot of Mustangs around Military Posts, dont know why this is exactly but im sure its due to the cost. They are cheaper unless you pick up a Saleen, Roush, or Cobra. there is allot of Mustangs out there. I wish they would raise the price so not every one would have one

Green
    1999 Mustang GT

I have a 99 mustang GT/Saleen clone, when i was buying i need something cheap/reliable best bang for the buck basically....i bought my 99 GT vert 5spd fully loaded with 60K on it for $8,000, sure its slow but for kids in high school or getting out its very affordable...im looking to do an LS1 swap in it.....compared to a WS6 in the same condition as mine would probably cost like $15,000

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

i see ALOT of mustangs in columbus but most of them are the V6 models because its eaither a chick driving them or its some dude that put 20's on it, now more than likely this spring/summer i will see alot more but most of the time if im at polaris ill see Gt500 shelbys and cobra's. last summer i was at Chipotle for lunch and i hear this very mean Mustang behind me, it had a very ugly bodykit on it but ive seen the kit before, i pull in to the parking lot and i see this ugly wing and realize its the Cobra R wing and kit with side mounted exhaust, now i wasnt positive it was the actual Cobra R cause it was debaged but on the back window it said "Happy Graduation Cody" the kid gets out and doesnt even have facial hair.. i told myself if that is the Cobra R some sumg ass 17 maybe 18 year old kid does not need to be driving something like that cause he will indeed kill himself.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I took the Camaro out today for like the 2nd time this year. I saw a mustang as I was turning right. He was across the median as I was turning and I powerslided right past his ass...hahaha i had fun today, but imo most stang owners look like complete douches, but so do a lot of people around here.

Yellow
    2004 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    i see ALOT of mustangs in columbus but most of them are the V6 models because its eaither a chick driving them or its some dude that put 20's on it, now more than likely this spring/summer i will see alot more but most of the time if im at polaris ill see Gt500 shelbys and cobra's. last summer i was at Chipotle for lunch and i hear this very mean Mustang behind me, it had a very ugly bodykit on it but ive seen the kit before, i pull in to the parking lot and i see this ugly wing and realize its the Cobra R wing and kit with side mounted exhaust, now i wasnt positive it was the actual Cobra R cause it was debaged but on the back window it said "Happy Graduation Cody" the kid gets out and doesnt even have facial hair.. i told myself if that is the Cobra R some sumg ass 17 maybe 18 year old kid does not need to be driving something like that cause he will indeed kill himself.
    i traded my 01 yellow full bolt on GT for my 04 cobra in columbus Ohio. a year ago. well it was in Johns town Ohio. at the Ford Dealership. Someone got a nice GT up there

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face Owning the Road

Those Stang V6 used to be in expensive, but checking 2 months ago proved otherwise. If you are lucky, you will get ione under $20,000. Man, based on this, either way, I don't see how GM can go base model on their V6 250 Horse and be comparable to sell. No price has been set for that new Camaros which I'm following really closely. You get more horses for the Camaro compared to the V6 Stang.... given they are at the same price, who would want to purchase a Stang.

External appeal of the Mustang is a thumbs up, while I feel the Interior is so poorly manufactured.

The Majority of Mustang owners feels they have one of the quickest vehicle on the road around here in California. If that's the case, the new Camaro owners will feel like they own the world when it comes out in 2009.
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 03-02-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information