Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78

What do you think of the 350z?

This is a discussion on What do you think of the 350z? within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ATCharming im not gonna argue cuz you have more knowledge bout them than me. but youtube it. ...

  1. #41
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    im not gonna argue cuz you have more knowledge bout them than me. but youtube it. just search skyline and instantly plenty of videos of them goin 200mph come up.
    I'm not arguing, just trying to give you the straight scoop...
    It would probably cost about the same to put a Corvette over 200mph as it would a Skyline. The Nissan has a sturdy engine, which is factory turbocharged and that makes for a great start, but it is also relatively heavy and doesn't have the cleanest aerodynamics.
    The Skyline is a great car, but don't get caught up in the hype. They new ones based on the G35 platform are hideous...

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    c6z06 68k 194 mph or so last i knew.........lpe cam package 5k 616 horse 73k bucks and your EASILY and safely over 200mph ....im sure many of u could put a cam in much cheaper as well...and prolly a bigger one...so much potentional still in that engine

  3. #43
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    When I said "Corvette", I probably should have put C5. Since this is a LS1 site, I kinda didn't specify...

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    so your comparing a skyline to a vette dollar for dollar? which has better performance??? or top end speed maybe? is that the argument here? stock? not stock?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    this one will easily put u over 200 as well.....belive motertrend tested a 650hp twin turbo c5 package at 226 mph...or maybe it was car and driver...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW

  6. #46
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    every single part of a skylines valvetrain to the drivetrain costs an arm and a leg, just like the supra. yeah, the cars are rare. whoopty fucking doo. that just means that they dont have big aftermarket support so everything will be at a premium and ridiculous price because there arent too many options. and i have a friend who talked to motoRex which is the now defunct company that was the only company legally able to import skylines. not only are you looking at car price, but shipping fees and IMPORTING fees are astronomical as well. by the time the twin turbo'd, all wheel drive hunk of crap gets here and your getting pulled on by the same cars as usual (f bodies) you would promptly kick yourself in the sack for shelling out worthless cash.
    oh yeah, good luck finding a tuner for it that will charge around the 250 -300 it costs to get an fbody tuned at a shop. let me know if anyone else gets a bright idea.......

  7. #47
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    every single part of a skylines valvetrain to the drivetrain costs an arm and a leg, just like the supra. yeah, the cars are rare. whoopty fucking doo. that just means that they dont have big aftermarket support so everything will be at a premium and ridiculous price because there arent too many options. and i have a friend who talked to motoRex which is the now defunct company that was the only company legally able to import skylines. not only are you looking at car price, but shipping fees and IMPORTING fees are astronomical as well. by the time the twin turbo'd, all wheel drive hunk of crap gets here and your getting pulled on by the same cars as usual (f bodies) you would promptly kick yourself in the sack for shelling out worthless cash.
    oh yeah, good luck finding a tuner for it that will charge around the 250 -300 it costs to get an fbody tuned at a shop. let me know if anyone else gets a bright idea.......

    Good explaination and reasoning.

    Ricers don't understand that though, they see it in the F&F and immediately NEED to have one, regardless of how pointless it is. They have this neverending desire to import JDM crap, I don't understand, its a waste

  8. #48
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Good explaination and reasoning.

    Ricers don't understand that though, they see it in the F&F and immediately NEED to have one, regardless of how pointless it is. They have this neverending desire to import JDM crap, I don't understand, its a waste

    i agree with you there. the fast and the furious really gave peple a false sense of power and speed, and it seems that alot of people have bought into the misinformation. skylines are so technologically advanced that it takes the fun out of doing it yourself. people dont seem to get that getting a skyline and putting big turbos and NAWS on it doesnt mean youre going to have a rocket. its going to be a heavy, turbo lagging snail and will undoubtedly break something on the drivetrain. i love the old rice catchphrase, "the block will support 800hp" yeah, but the top end will shatter. skylines are only as untouchable as hollywood makes them. in actuality they are just like any other car with 270hp. when you take away all the glamour and rareness that looks pretty weak. same as the stock evos and stis, they'll get ya from the hole shot but you'll run em down in second.
    i really dont wanna import a car to get run down in second by a $10,000 f body (like mine)

  9. #49
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    this one will easily put u over 200 as well.....belive motertrend tested a 650hp twin turbo c5 package at 226 mph...or maybe it was car and driver...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW


    I wonder if the seller will trade cars with me. That looks like a bad ass Vette!

  10. #50
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    so your comparing a skyline to a vette dollar for dollar? which has better performance??? or top end speed maybe? is that the argument here? stock? not stock?
    Stock vs. stock, my money is on the C5 over the Skyline both 1/4 mile and top speed.
    Modded it comes down to who has more money to spend...just like always. The Nissan will be initially easier to get power from as it is already F/I. The Corvette has a virtually limitless aftermarket if you have the money to use it...

  11. #51
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    this one will easily put u over 200 as well.....belive motertrend tested a 650hp twin turbo c5 package at 226 mph...or maybe it was car and driver...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW
    Well that is "estimated" top speed...big difference. It would depend on the gearing and aero. That's still a bad-ass Vette...
    My Z28 makes well over 600rwhp, but I'm not sure it would crack 200mph. Above 170mph aerodynamics become far more important than absolute HP.

  12. #52
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    every single part of a skylines valvetrain to the drivetrain costs an arm and a leg, just like the supra. yeah, the cars are rare. whoopty fucking doo. that just means that they dont have big aftermarket support so everything will be at a premium and ridiculous price because there arent too many options. and i have a friend who talked to motoRex which is the now defunct company that was the only company legally able to import skylines. not only are you looking at car price, but shipping fees and IMPORTING fees are astronomical as well. by the time the twin turbo'd, all wheel drive hunk of crap gets here and your getting pulled on by the same cars as usual (f bodies) you would promptly kick yourself in the sack for shelling out worthless cash.
    oh yeah, good luck finding a tuner for it that will charge around the 250 -300 it costs to get an fbody tuned at a shop. let me know if anyone else gets a bright idea.......
    You have a valid argument for the Skyline as it was never officially imported here, but don't lump the Supra into that argument. Up until 450ish rwhp (which is what the Supra can max on the stock twins), the Supra is far cheaper to modify that a comparable LSx platform (unless you are running nitrous). My friend had a bad-ass 1997 Supra nad no problems finding tuners in the DC area. The Skyline would obviously be more of a challenge...

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    thats NOT esimated my friend...they did an article on it a few yrs ago...LPE's 650 horse twin turbo package.......WENT 226mph......was on the cover...they actualy sold that car not to long ago....lemme see if i can find the article on lpe's website

  14. #54
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i agree with you there. the fast and the furious really gave peple a false sense of power and speed, and it seems that alot of people have bought into the misinformation. skylines are so technologically advanced that it takes the fun out of doing it yourself. people dont seem to get that getting a skyline and putting big turbos and NAWS on it doesnt mean youre going to have a rocket. its going to be a heavy, turbo lagging snail and will undoubtedly break something on the drivetrain. i love the old rice catchphrase, "the block will support 800hp" yeah, but the top end will shatter. skylines are only as untouchable as hollywood makes them. in actuality they are just like any other car with 270hp. when you take away all the glamour and rareness that looks pretty weak. same as the stock evos and stis, they'll get ya from the hole shot but you'll run em down in second.
    i really dont wanna import a car to get run down in second by a $10,000 f body (like mine)
    Man, you guys really hate the competition! I understand where you are coming from with all the Skyline/Supra/3000VR4 nut-huggers, but most of the folks that actually buy and drive the upper-end Japanese performance cars are pretty cool. It's the fan-boys with the body-kitted/stickered/annoying exhaust/80rwhp crap-boxes that give them a bad rap.
    I wouldn't own a Japanese performance car, but I have nothing against them and have plenty of friends with everything from Preludes to G35s. None of them talk like the F&F cast because they know the real deal.
    BTW, the Skyline driveline is far from weak. Try to read up on them from some unbiased sources, the R33/34s are actually pretty cool, just not my cup of tea...or beer.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    http://www.jeffcom.com/lingenfelter.htm only the first one at 240 mph is est...

  16. #56
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    thats NOT esimated my friend...they did an article on it a few yrs ago...LPE's 650 horse twin turbo package.......WENT 226mph......was on the cover...they actualy sold that car not to long ago....lemme see if i can find the article on lpe's website
    Relax. I believe that a Lingenfelter Vette ran that number...I read the article. I'm just saying THAT PARTICULAR Vette for sale hasn't run the number. Changes in gearing and aero can make a big difference.
    I repeat...I am not calling you out...this is just friendly discussion.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383


  18. #58
    Member danziger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    570

    Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

    Heh. Maybe my Z28 will top 200...only a couple of those Vettes have aero mods.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    Relax. I believe that a Lingenfelter Vette ran that number...I read the article. I'm just saying THAT PARTICULAR Vette for sale hasn't run the number. Changes in gearing and aero can make a big difference.
    I repeat...I am not calling you out...this is just friendly discussion.
    haha i agree...just remember reading the article so i was trying to find it somwhere to prove it since it SEEMED u didnt belive me....aparently u read it to...sick shit...belive that particular car was just an auto with the 3.15 rear end.....obviously a 6 speed with 3.42s wont do it as 5th tops out in the 190s in the high 6000 rpm's

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    Heh. Maybe my Z28 will top 200...only a couple of those Vettes have aero mods.
    yeah my z could prolly get up near 190..but theres no way in hell i would try it...definitly not safe in an fbody without some serious suspension mods and maybe some aero mods to so u dont fly away

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 350Z vs WS6
    By 02ceta in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 05:46 AM
  2. wtf a 350z
    By Ieatstangs in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
  3. 93 z28 vs 06 350z
    By jAgZ28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
  4. My WS-6 vs 350Z
    By 2001hawk in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 07:32 AM
  5. TA vs. 350z???
    By 67camarors in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:51 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •