View Poll Results: Usa or Germany? Who's vehicles are Safer at 150+mph?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

    10 23.26%
  • GERMANY

    33 76.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

USA vs Germany

This is a discussion on USA vs Germany within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just came back from being in Germany for two weeks, autobahn is all I thought it was going to ...

  1. #41
    Newblet Common's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    158

    Silver
    03

    I just came back from being in Germany for two weeks, autobahn is all I thought it was going to be, one thing that it is a myth for sure are the speeds.
    70-80% of autobahn has no speed limit, however most people stay around 110-130km, there are ocassional 911s doing 280-300 but I have seen maybe one or two of those, people over there, eventhough allowed really tend not to "open their cars up", I don't blame them, at 7,25$/gallon I understand.

  2. #42
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I just came back from being in Germany for two weeks, autobahn is all I thought it was going to be, one thing that it is a myth for sure are the speeds.
    70-80% of autobahn has no speed limit, however most people stay around 110-130km, there are ocassional 911s doing 280-300 but I have seen maybe one or two of those, people over there, eventhough allowed really tend not to "open their cars up", I don't blame them, at 7,25$/gallon I understand.
    Where have you been and how did you like it? you seem to have been in a "slow part" of the country.... (j/k)

  3. #43
    Newblet Common's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    158

    Silver
    03

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Where have you been and how did you like it? you seem to have been in a "slow part" of the country.... (j/k)
    I was in Hamburg(Blankenesen section for a few days) spelling(), Berlin(west), Bad SalSuflen, Leipzig, and I drove through a few other cities.

    EDIT: See you're from Hamburg, how the hell do you afford that car there at 7.25$ a gallon?
    Live on base as a soldier?

  4. #44
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I was in Hamburg(Blankenesen section for a few days) spelling(), Berlin(west), Bad SalSuflen, Leipzig, and I drove through a few other cities.

    EDIT: See you're from Hamburg, how the hell do you afford that car there at 7.25$ a gallon?
    Live on base as a soldier?
    blankenese, nice area at the river, old money! i live more city center, near central station.
    and no, i'm german and my army service was 1988 - 89... i don't drive more than 10k miles a year, i see the gas money as some kind of luxury tax.
    were you visiting just for fun or business?

  5. #45
    Newblet Common's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    158

    Silver
    03

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    blankenese, nice area at the river, old money! i live more city center, near central station.
    and no, i'm german and my army service was 1988 - 89... i don't drive more than 10k miles a year, i see the gas money as some kind of luxury tax.
    were you visiting just for fun or business?
    Visiting, I have family there and I might get a an apartment in Blankenesen(houses are bit too much, the ones I like anyway) esp after the Euro to Dollars conversion(yikes), or I might get a house in Bad Salsuflen, I loved that little place, it is too quiet for a young guy but I loved it anyway.

    I talked to a guy with an 03/04 cobra that lives on base and pays gallon/ american gas prices and insurance, thought you might be that lucky.

  6. #46
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Visiting, I have family there and I might get a an apartment in Blankenesen(houses are bit too much, the ones I like anyway) esp after the Euro to Dollars conversion(yikes), or I might get a house in Bad Salsuflen, I loved that little place, it is too quiet for a young guy but I loved it anyway.

    I talked to a guy with an 03/04 cobra that lives on base and pays gallon/ american gas prices and insurance, thought you might be that lucky.
    ...wish i was, but then i had my fair share of the army, no more uniform for me.

  7. #47
    Newblet Common's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    158

    Silver
    03

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    ...wish i was, but then i had my fair share of the army, no more uniform for me.
    Cheap gas is not worth it for sure.

    Later!!!

  8. #48
    www.eautocad.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    257

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

    What a great thread. Good job guys, it sounds like this was an interesting topic.


    If I had a choice, I would say 150mph with my family is only going to happen on a high speed train.





  9. #49
    G.M. SERVICE MANAGER LS16SPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    virginia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    168

    navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

    I Crashed An 84 Camaro 6 Banger Into A Telephone Poll Doin About 103 Im Still Livin Long Live F Bodies

  10. #50
    KACHME 001CamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Glendale AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    180

    Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

    A lot of people are making big mistakes here. Logically, even a lot of german cars have governors, so are we talking about owning the car in the US or germany. The second mistake is saying for your family. You may not have noticed, but off the top of my head the only american sedan I would say operating at autobahn speeds are the 300C's, chargers and some caddys. I choose a cadillac! It's almost a pointless question anyways. If you said any car, I'd still choose american because I'd own a ZR1 for the price of a mercedes, be extremely comfortable and smoke the mercedes in every aspect of performance.

  11. #51
    Member random-strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    252

    Black
    2001 Camaro z28

    corvette z06/zr1 & viper, the tag team europe owning duo.

    i perfer both over any euro car.

    lots of nice euro cars, but they are hyped.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. O Gives Germany Debt Advice, Germany Says Look Who's Talking
    By CJREX in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. T/A In Germany
    By Colby in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. Hello from Germany
    By wiese88 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 05:57 AM
  4. hello from germany
    By camaro4life in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:00 AM
  5. Hello from Germany
    By bluefire in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •