Thread: S2KNKY's S2000

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

S2KNKY's S2000

Some say rice. Some say nice. I say F' em all. It's my whip.

220whp - 160ft/lbs +50hp wet shot. Best 1/4 = 13.5 @ 107.5

The top only goes up for the weekly bath. 9000 RPMS of Corner Carving weekned fun.

2000 Honda S2000 - First year production
    AEM V2 Cold Air Intake
    DC Sports Stainless Steel 4-1 longtube header
    Megan Racing Stainless Resonated Test Pipe (no cat)
    Spoon Sports N1 Single Stainless Exhaust
    Fidanza 8lb Aluminum Flywheel
    ACT Street/Strip Clutch Disc
    ACT Stage 3 Pressure Plate
    Stainless Steel Clutch Lines
    02 S2000 Rear Differential with Fresh Torsen LSD
    Spoon Sports 72MM Throttle Body
    Rotara Crossdrilled / Slotted Rotors
    GreenStuff Brake Pads
    Neuspeed Strut Brace
    Zex Wet Nitrous Spray Kit - Max 75HP shot.
    Pioneer Premier Head Unit
    JL Audio 6 1/2 components on the doors
    JL Audio 3x5 rear speakers
    Audiobahn 4x120 Speaker Amp
    Pioneer 1x1000 class D Sub Amp
    Pioneer 12in IMPP in custom Fiberglass trunk box
    Stinger 1 Farad Capacitor
    Factory Stereo Controls wired to head unit via SWI-X
    Stereo and Amps on bullet connectors - comes out in 10 minutes for trips to the track.

http://media.putfile.com/S2kVsStang

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i'd pimp it
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

good lookin car

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Looks nice...although I would never even consider owning one.

Engine looks totally jerryrigged into then engine bay, sitting so high up and cocked to the side like that...what were they thinking...

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

50/50 weight balance by putting the engine up and behind the shock towers.

The gaping hole in front of the engine was from the stock airbox - which was massive. Nice opening for a NOVI though.

I've seen a few with LS1 swaps done. It fits with good clearance, and the weight difference isn't much.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

nice looking car, it's clean.

oh yeah that drift movie came out today just to help you out.

LS1ftmfw

Navy Blue
    99 ws6 trasns am

Hmmm... looks like a good lsx canidate!

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

For the money the stock motor fetches in good condition, I could probably cover half the cost on a crate ls7 with trans.....

Better yet, an LS2 with a procharger...

The though has occurred, and if I ever blow the stock motor, it would certainly be very tempting.

There's a really mean 2nd gen RX7 running around here - looks stock - aside from the open header rumble from the LS1 under the hood. Mean machine.

Smokey Gray Metallic
    1991 Nissan 240sx LS6

The first car I built up was a Honda, its a nice car but you have probably invested ALOT and probably can only hit a 15 second 1/4 mile time without the spray. If I could go back in time, I would have built something else....

I am in the middle of my second Nissan V8 240SX. Its still under surgery so no pics yet, but this thing is gonna be the car you might exspect to see in fast and the furious, but its all American muscle under the hood, well with the exception of the rear differential. Trust me I'm not driving it sideways lol.

I was looking for an interesting project so instead of a v8 s10 or Colorado I said F it, I'm going Jap body.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Sounds like a fun one. Yeah - not much better than 14 flat stock. Not destined for the straight line runs. It's a blast on the backroads though.

What chassis 240 you doing? Two friends of mine have done the SR20 redtop swaps - one on an S13 and one on the S14 chassis. On stock internals, they're pushing 400+ to the wheels out of a larger turbo and good fmic. That SR20 motor is incrediblely torquey for a 4 banger.

The V8 should be sweet, kudos for doing your own thing.

Smokey Gray Metallic
    1991 Nissan 240sx LS6

They are both s13's I have two the one is a track car nothing fancy but it has a 400 small block .030 over with alum heads 202/194's performer RPM, Holley 750 with a 700R4. Its all tube and sheet metal, good 550 horsepower can for the +10 second bracket. The other one is my fun car this is going to either be a LS1 or LS6. I am looking to have this one make high 400's. I have a mad dog Lou 700R4 Predator. It has a hard shift electronics free over drive transmission with a 2800 converter. The rear I am using is from an infinity M45. There is a shop on the other side of the country from me, but I have been doing a lot of work with them. They have a kit to convert the s13 or s14 into a V8 but using all Nissan motors parts, however, I convinced them into developing the kit for a small block Chevy. They take the car, and tie the unibody together in all the right places, remove the existing cross members, Modify the rear sub frame to fit the other rear and build custom axles (allowing me to use the 240SX suspension parts on he market). This shop does everything from building custom power steering hoses, the electronics of it all, they get tit done right.

But the street version is a 1991 Coupe with the Silvia rear, and I have a fiberglass Silvia s15 front conversion by race-on USA, Orgin 50mm fiberglass quarter panels, side skirts, rear bumper, spoiler. I removed the existing gauge cluster and made a mold which allows me to use the ever so popular Auto-meter gauges. The 240 suspension is very good and the upgrades are readily available. I uses AYG AGX shocks with Eibach lowering springs traction rods, toe rods, upper and lower strut connectors, adjustable camber rods, 5 lug conversion, brembo big break kit. I have this car ready for paint now, as soon as that is done I am going to do alot of the assembly then drop in the motor and trans. The shop who is building the conversion for me is also working with me on some items. They are going to be doing this swap in the future to the public. The cars primary function is for show, the body started with a sand blasting powder coat, paint. All the cross members, frame rails and suspension parts will be powder coated blue to match the cars paint. Its something I can show and wow people with, but also have some fun with.

The red-top SR20 is a nice motor if you can find a good one, Since they are form the early 90's good luck. Wonder how most of these guys selling them on ebay with "under 40k". It's a nice engine none the less. Now I like what you have there. The S2000 is a nice car. completely balanced and 100% forged. I almost used one on my last car, but the price was nuts. I ended up building a crate b18 long block. The s2000 is a hell of a fun car to drive, corners nice. great power to wight ratio. It's deff Honda's performer. Its just a shame how many people think that their 92 accord 4 banger is a race car lol, just because they spent 40 bucks on a pep-boys muffler. Good luck with it.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Sounds like some pretty serious setups. Always good to hear someone on that edge keeping the fabricators busy.

The S is alot of fun. I'm a fan of the old school Z cars. I'd love to do an old early 70s datzun up with a new vq35 engine, and modern interior. Just a sleek looking machine. Even an old boxy 510 would be fun to cram a smallblock aluminum v8 into and put some suspension on.

Amazing how all the "JDM Motors" on ebay have "40,000 miles or less" and have for the last 5 years..... lol.

SR20s are fairly available over here, as they sold in the Sentras (in FWD form) for years. not completely the same motor, but doesn't take much to change them I gather.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

nice car man, looks beautiful

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

u should get the 75hp jet on there

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Timing man, timing. Advance +2 for every 35hp. Or is it retard....lol. I'll keep an eye on my EGT to make sure if I tinker with either. Can't just crank a pulley around to do it either. All about the electronics on the Hondas. Just need to get me a piggyback before I do that.
    Last edited by s2knky; 09-28-2006 at 05:10 AM.

Thread Information