Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Pontiac G8

This is a discussion on Pontiac G8 within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thoughts? http://gmcanada.com/gm/static/englis.../g8/index.html Wonder how it will fair against a stock WS6. I'm pretty sure with the M6 it'll be compareable, ...

  1. #1
    URDRSRMINE Method's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    266

    Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

    Pontiac G8

    Thoughts?

    http://gmcanada.com/gm/static/englis.../g8/index.html

    Wonder how it will fair against a stock WS6. I'm pretty sure with the M6 it'll be compareable, because they seem to only come in auto, but I don't know. Ideas?

  2. #2
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    i really dont know..it looks like it could be really heavy..but yea i am excited

  3. #3
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Looks like a factory built ricer IMO. But, it does pack a wallopp in the power department.

  4. #4
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Looks like a factory built ricer IMO. But, it does pack a wallopp in the power department.
    how the hell does that look like rice???

  5. #5
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    how the hell does that look like rice???
    It looks like a Civic had sex with a GTO.

  6. #6
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    I like it. Looks REALLY good from the side.

    For me though, it wouldn't work. I would be looking for a daily driver, which that would do just fine for if I lived in Florida.

  7. #7
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    hmm silly me. considering "rice" is defined as gaudy body work and large non-functional spoilers..stickers...neon lights ect. the g8 is just going the same design route that all gm cars are going. shit.. some people call trans am's formula ricers

  8. #8
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I like it. Looks REALLY good from the side.

    For me though, it wouldn't work. I would be looking for a daily driver, which that would do just fine for if I lived in Florida.
    move the fam down there then.

  9. #9
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    hmm silly me. considering "rice" is defined as gaudy body work and large non-functional spoilers..stickers...neon lights ect. the g8 is just going the same design route that all gm cars are going. shit.. some people call trans am's formula ricers
    Hey it's all opinion, right.

  10. #10
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Hey it's all opinion, right.
    true enough.

  11. #11
    URDRSRMINE Method's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    266

    Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

    They should have made a 450hp option to go up against the charger/magnum srt-8. They will hold their own against an R/T.

    Leaves the TL and G35's in the dust though.

  12. #12
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    633

    Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

    Its a nice car. There is a rumor floating around that the GXP G8 will be out a year later with the LS3. Has not been confirmed.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

  13. #13
    Member 1TA LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    249
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    I think it's going to be comparable to a stock WS6. It's heavier, but it's got the new LS2. I've heard the 0-60 will be near 5 seconds. Although it's only in manual for now, I think it's going to be a great model for Pontiac. They will have a GXP model some time later. And it might have the LS7

    I love the G8, looks awesome. AND WAY better than any 5 series/A6's out there. I heard the interior will be gorgeous too. (I hope). I know I really want one, but I don't have a need for a four door car.

  14. #14
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    I don't have a need for a four door car.
    Unfortunately that will prolly be the killer of GM in the long run.

  15. #15
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    I think it's going to be comparable to a stock WS6. It's heavier, but it's got the new LS2. I've heard the 0-60 will be near 5 seconds. Although it's only in manual for now, I think it's going to be a great model for Pontiac. They will have a GXP model some time later. And it might have the LS7

    I love the G8, looks awesome. AND WAY better than any 5 series/A6's out there. I heard the interior will be gorgeous too. (I hope). I know I really want one, but I don't have a need for a four door car.
    they are discontinuing the ls7 for the ls3...are you sure u didnt mean ls3?

  16. #16
    Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, Va \ Richmond, Va
    Age
    31
    Posts
    208

    PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

    Thumbs down

    ugly, bring back the GTO stop wasting our time!

    I think all the recent cars that have come out in the last few years have been GOD awful looking. Time to clean house with car designers... ill wait for the return of either the GTO or Firebird in 2010... hopefully they don't screw that up, no more retro!

  17. #17
    Member 1TA LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    249
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speeder View Post
    ugly, bring back the GTO stop wasting our time!

    I think all the recent cars that have come out in the last few years have been GOD awful looking. Time to clean house with car designers... ill wait for the return of either the GTO or Firebird in 2010... hopefully they don't screw that up, no more retro!
    Agreed.

  18. #18
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    They should have made a 450hp option to go up against the charger/magnum srt-8. They will hold their own against an R/T.

    Leaves the TL and G35's in the dust though.
    400 gm hp is at least 450 dodge hp, maybe more.

  19. #19
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    400 gm hp is at least 450 dodge hp, maybe more.

  20. #20
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    400 gm hp is at least 450 dodge hp, maybe more.
    YESSS lol GM underates, Mopar estimates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1956 Pontiac Star Chief Vs. Pontiac 2002 Trans Am WS6 - Norw
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 07:30 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •