Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

No love on this site for 4 cyl

This is a discussion on No love on this site for 4 cyl within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mjolnir I would have to agree with everything either they spend 30k on the car or i ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I would have to agree with everything either they spend 30k on the car or i hate the guys that have the 92 honda crx with the b20 (crv motor) swap the cars gutted nothing in it, they only have 1 seat and turbo it and there like "haha i spent 12k and i have a 12 second car". I could give a crap less, that thing is so f***ing ugly and hidious. And they use those as there daily drivers. Across from my shop is a place that does import work. they put 50k into a honda and brag about the 500 hp and 10 seconds. Im like hows the torque? hehehe. Idiots. Honestly If you put that much money into a v8, jesus...
    Thats the kind of stuff that people do in the town that I work in. They are always modding Honda and imports in general - but especially Honda. b16 this and k20 that, I couldn't care less. Its a damn economy car with a gutless 4 cylinder, they dump all this money into them, and then sell it for 1/4 of the money that they dumped into it and do it again with another Honda

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Almost all the kids I hang out with still buy 4 and 6 cylinder cars, most of wich would take thousands of dollars (that they dont have) to make them even close to performing to their full potential. I moved on to bigger and better things. I used to be just like them, but ive learned my lesson.This time around I bought a car with raw power right out of the box. Now whenever I see them I cant help but get this feeling like "man, what is with these kids, they know what are good cars and what arent, high school is over, why do they still go for these little slow pieces of crap?"

Well I don't drive a V8 but I do agree that theres no replacement for displacement..
    Everyone's guess on how much it would take to make a 4banger fast is really off, in my opinion. My friends in hs used to build 11 sec NA Type R motors that would get your car with full weight across the line for less than 50k. More like 8-9k. And if no one bought 4bangers, your cars wouldn't be considered as cool and fast. Anything could be made fast but max potential always goes to more displacement(except for the rotary engines). Thanks for reading my post and

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cho View Post
    Well I don't drive a V8 but I do agree that theres no replacement for displacement..
    Everyone's guess on how much it would take to make a 4banger fast is really off, in my opinion. My friends in hs used to build 11 sec NA Type R motors that would get your car with full weight across the line for less than 50k. More like 8-9k. And if no one bought 4bangers, your cars wouldn't be considered as cool and fast. Anything could be made fast but max potential always goes to more displacement(except for the rotary engines). Thanks for reading my post and
    11 second type R motors for 8-9K?? Thats a joke buddy, not going to happen.

There was a kid on LS1Tech, with a gutted Integra running something like high 10's, and he had almost $30 Grand invested in the car. Its not cheap to make one of those cars fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    11 second type R motors for 8-9K?? Thats a joke buddy, not going to happen.

There was a kid on LS1Tech, with a gutted Integra running something like high 10's, and he had almost $30 Grand invested in the car. Its not cheap to make one of those cars fast.
    Actually one of our church friends had bought a motor and put it into his 94 Honda Civic hatchback with full interior and weight reduced wheels, cf hood and spoiler and ran a 11.8 at Sacramento Raceway. I don't know how but it did. Theres honestly no way I can prove this seeing how I graduated hs a few years back and don't keep in touch with all those people anymore. So I guess Wesman 1 cho 0. Funny this is, the last I heard of Mr. Honda is that he sold his Type R and bought a 06 Vette.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by cho View Post
    Funny this is, the last I heard of Mr. Honda is that he sold his Type R and bought a 06 Vette.
    ZING!

BANNED
    92 240sx 88 camaro

DSM otherwise known as eclipse, talon, ect... a good friend spent 2 thousand in mods and runs 12.8!!!! had the car for almost 3 years now and all that ever goes wrong is the transfer case. you cant beat that for the price.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
    DSM otherwise known as eclipse, talon, ect... a good friend spent 2 thousand in mods and runs 12.8!!!! had the car for almost 3 years now and all that ever goes wrong is the transfer case. you cant beat that for the price.
    Only the transfer case?? Oh yea, those are cheap man!! I mean who wouldn't want a car that needs a new transfer case every time you go to the track??

DSM's are garbage my friend, don't be fooled.

BANNED
    92 240sx 88 camaro

he has put 2 in, and considering its daily driven and driven hard thats not bad. If he had the money im sure he could beef it up some and have even less problems. Im not saying i would own one, but im saying small turbo cars give more bang for the buck.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Full Race Javier View Post
    simple...it is quite easy produce a large power/mass ratio in a fwd "economy" car

everybody has different tastes...different strokes for different folks.
    I agree, I dont have a problem with import cars i just cant stand people who put an exhaust and a cold air intake and some body kit and think they have a hot rod. Say you do work at full race? I work right across the street at A.E.P. (Cop car place)

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
    he has put 2 in, and considering its daily driven and driven hard thats not bad. If he had the money im sure he could beef it up some and have even less problems. Im not saying i would own one, but im saying small turbo cars give more bang for the buck.
    I don't agree with that at all. N/A V8 platforms are some of the cheapest and easiest cars to make fast, when you start with less power and lighter duty components like a small 4 banger import, you need to upgrade everything in order to avoid having it blow up on you.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

A beat up(body wise), 1993-1994, LT1 camaro pick one up for $2000-2500 put $2000 in mods and there you go a 12 sec car depending on mods. Thats Cheap

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Or even better, get an 82-92 350, and put the same $$ into it. Still be pretty damn fast. Plus you will have that redneck look too!!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    Or even better, get an 82-92 350, and put the same $$ into it. Still be pretty damn fast. Plus you will have that redneck look too!!
    lol car craft built up a 3rd gen formula with bolt ons and nitrous and it ran 12s

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Yeah buddy. Thats what I'm talking about. Nothing spells redneck like an 80's T/A and Camaro.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yeah buddy. Thats what I'm talking about. Nothing spells redneck like an 80's T/A and Camaro.
    Side affects of buying a 3rd gen often include redneck activity and mullets.

Hey it just comes with the car

Actually I remember reading an article online from something like Car Craft or Chevy High Performance; they built up an old 305 that dyno'd at like 150WHP stock, put on a heads and cam package along with a few other things, and it put down 372WHP. Pretty impressive IMO, since everyone is always doggin' the 305.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler
    Or even better, get an 82-92 350, and put the same $$ into it. Still be pretty damn fast....
    Take that very same Third Generation F-Body 350, add some Scoggin-Dickey SB2 heads, custom camshaft (tuned correctly, w/the right intake and carb), and you'll have a guaranteed 600+ horsepower engine. The only downfall though, is the price of those heads...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Yeah, but you get what you pay for. One retardedly fast car that has white trash written all over it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yeah, but you get what you pay for. One retardedly fast car that has white trash written all over it.
    3rd gens that make people think "white trash" are the poorly maintained one with the clearcoat peeling off and the shitty V6 style wheels. Those are the most common ones that you see around.

If you've ever seen a mint condition 3rd gen Trans Am, glassy black paint with tints and everything blacked out, with chrome bullet wheels and a nice exhaust rumble, you wouldn't think "white trash". You'd think "nice car".

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Well no shit sherlock. Thank you master-of-the-obvious. On a serious note, they can be nice cars. But I would prefer to have 600HP under the hood, and have the clearcoat peeling off. A true sleeper. You can get one of these punk kids to mess with you...you leave them in the dust...with a "piece of shit"

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information