Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Nissan's building a muscle car.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Nah they released the proto type now its a inline 6 twin turbo AWD, made 463hp. Not bad but once again its in a 3900lbs car.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I dont think GM has anything to worry about.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

twin turbo v-6, awd, $80,000+ price tag, not really competion for most vettes and mustangs, or the new camaro and dodge challenger

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

With AWD, it will probably be a low to mid 12 second car. Not to bad

Awaiting Activation
    my friend has modded G35 and its a damn nice car, but a heavy pig just like this new one.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

a G35 and a skyline are very different

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    a G35 and a skyline are very different
    i know just throwing in my .02

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    twin turbo v-6, awd, $80,000+ price tag, not really competion for most vettes and mustangs, or the new camaro and dodge challenger
    I was kidding, how can they that stuff?

There's no such thing as a Nissan muscle car.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jigger1166 View Post
    I was kidding, how can they that stuff?

There's no such thing as a Nissan muscle car.
    Exactly. The Japs don't built "Mucle Cars". Americans built muscle cars.

The "GT-R" looks like a riceburning pile of crap thats going to get its ass handed to it by the Z06, which costs substantially less money and looks 100x times better.

I don't see what the big deal is, especially when you can buy a Mustang with 50HP more for half the price. And it won't break when you beat on it, nor does it sound like a garbage compactor on steriods.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well they said they are also making a 400 hp v8 but the better verson is a AWD 463hp, also the reason it will cost more is because it is a far better car then the GT500. It can handle 1200awhp when built right. I have seen 850awhp GTRs run high 8s and go 0-200 in 10.7 seconds. So when they are built right they can be insane.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Well they said they are also making a 400 hp v8 but the better verson is a AWD 463hp, also the reason it will cost more is because it is a far better car then the GT500. It can handle 1200awhp when built right. I have seen 850awhp GTRs run high 8s and go 0-200 in 10.7 seconds. So when they are built right they can be insane.
    The car isn't even out yet. What the hell are you even talking about??

How can it be running high 8's when its not even on the market??

And whos to say its a "far better car" than the GT500?? My opinion is its a piece of crap, its nothing more than a G35/350Z with different body panels and engine. GT500's are running 9 second 1/4 miles with internally stock engines, superchargers, transmissions, clutches, and rears. Its built to take the abuse, Nissans are built like garbage.

At least wait until the piece of shit comes out before you start creaming your pants over it.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol, no it isnt out yet, but look at what the older designs can do, this is the sdame basic design. Just new still an inline 6 twin turbo and nissan makes great inline 6 twin turbos, they make tons of torque. And no GT500 is running 9s with a stock supercharger. The tranny isnt built to handle 900+rwhp nor is the rear end, if you think that your a fool, it might be able to do it a couple times, maybe but it wont last. I dont know why you cant admit that nissan makes some good cars, the old GT-R was insane when modded properly. BTW that high 8 second GTR 34 i was talking about was very drivable at only 850awhp on high boost and just over 600 with the controller off. Ill admint the ford 5.4liter supercharged is a good engine but you gotta give credit where it is due that nissan inline 6 can put up some impressive numbers. I also think both cars are ugly

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

It's not going to be a inline six it's a 3.8L V6 twin turbo 475hp dual clucth like VW transmistions. It went around the Nuremburg track in Germany faster than a Z06. Not bad for a garbage car. If your looking for the most reliable car then get a Lexus if you are looking to go fast cheap get a Ls1.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You trying to tell me the ls1 isnt reliable, i ahve seen ones with 130,000miles on them make over 300rwhp bone stock. The keep there power forever.That car also doesnt compare to a z06, 505hp, well the nissan has only 50 or so less right well, the ls7s powerband is insane, aswell as the fact the corvette is lighter. The new vette has the ls9 a 653hp enigne. Nissan can take there 450hp and shove it after the vette comes out and will only cost 20k more. Also inline 6 twin turbos are far more bullet proof than the v6s and if they did go to a v6 there retarded.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

I never said the LS1 was not a reliable engine, Iam talking about the whole car including the engine. The camaro never won any J.D Power awards or anything. Iam not bashing the Z06 just saying a car was faster around the track than it was. If I had the money I would buy a Z06 hands down.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ahhhhh Finally we have a debate!!!!!

The Skyline is one of the fastest AWD cars you can buy, Its up there with the Porshe 911. This is the only Skyline that can meet Us specs to pass emissions. You also have to remember thats 436 WHP on all 4 wheels. 0-60 is like 2.8 sec..... can you say Waaaapshhh. Thats also on stock boost, Safely, another words that motor is producing 1/4 of what is desighned to do. Im sure with a few bolt on's as with any other car you can top 500 easy.

Price yesssss its expensive, But its not being compaired with AMERICAN MUSCLES cars, Thats a FORD,DODGE CHEVY battle, This is a Porshe, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedeze, Lexus, ETC battle. Two totally different concepts,

(Wesman) You have not drove a Nissan nor even know what they are so why comment? One day your going to get smoked by one, I hope they get a video too!!!!!! As A machinist we like to call that a boring of the anal hole!!!!

That would be like me commenting somone that owns a Supra and telling them how bad it sucks, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN B/C I HAVE NEVER DROVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

This Skyline is going to be heavy, But it also has the extra weight of a front differential, along with the transfer case for the AWD system, SO there is all the extra weight.

Im ready too see what is has!!!
    It sucks cause the US uses a V6, verses my inline 6 I imported out of japan, Cannot beat the rumble of an inline.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I agree on the inline 6 rumble is badass. Also 2.8 thats a little out of control, they are thinking 3.8-4.0. Also the old skylines werent that fast. They only ran mid to high 13s stock, yes you could add some things here and there and make them 12 second cars. Then add alot of stuff and they can be insane. But for the price tag of 57k for the 2000 GTR 34 and then the 20k price tag to ship it here 80k for a mid to high 13 second car there are better buys. Such as your lighter 240 with the skyline motor. Taking the best of the Nissan world light weight car, inline 6 turbo power. And rear wheel drive the fastest way to get a car down the track. If you have big enough tires to make it hook lol.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lol, no it isnt out yet, but look at what the older designs can do, this is the sdame basic design. Just new still an inline 6 twin turbo and nissan makes great inline 6 twin turbos, they make tons of torque. And no GT500 is running 9s with a stock supercharger. The tranny isnt built to handle 900+rwhp nor is the rear end, if you think that your a fool, it might be able to do it a couple times, maybe but it wont last. I dont know why you cant admit that nissan makes some good cars, the old GT-R was insane when modded properly. BTW that high 8 second GTR 34 i was talking about was very drivable at only 850awhp on high boost and just over 600 with the controller off. Ill admint the ford 5.4liter supercharged is a good engine but you gotta give credit where it is due that nissan inline 6 can put up some impressive numbers. I also think both cars are ugly
    Well, looks like its time for you to go to school:

Nissan makes crappy cars, look at the 350Z.

Also inline 6 twin turbos are far more bullet proof than the v6s and if they did go to a v6 there retarded.
    Well, looks like you just called Nissan retarded yourself then. The new GT-R uses the trash compactor VQ engine, which is a V6, and a shitty and crude one at that.

No Inline 6 with massive turbos and god forsaken amounts of boost is "very driveable". If you believe that then you'll believe anything, thats a joke.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know it s a v6 not a inline in my other posts i said too bad its not a inline. Well you think its not, i ahve seen 800rwhp m3s that have a stock seeming idle, also i have seen supras that a very drivable. The only non streetable part is the wont start in cold weather but noone drives these cars in cold weather, my supra at 517rwhp felt no different then it did with 300rwhp until you hit it. I wasnt even close to putting out the 850rwhp i could have with that turbo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information