Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Nissan Gtr Testing new model seen ( secret)

Today i was out picking up some new tires. I get all my parts in las vegas in the las vegas motorspeedway parts depos. There is so many selectons. . We have an awesome road course here , auto x course, 1/4 track a bullring, nascar track, dirt track , and the worlds fastest drift course here.I was driving by( nascar track on my left and the road curse on the left) i saw a Corvette Zr1 out on the road track with tons of Nissan Gtr's with all the badges off So i pulled into the security and i was like what the hell may as well see whats up. I waved at the security guard ( i know most of them because i am always testing a product out on the road course or the dragstrip). Then i got in parked next to the nissan trailer they had a Porsche gt2 and a new 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce.I was watching for a couple of hours laughing at them smoking the crap out of cars non stop the zr1 was close behind with the lambo in front of the gtr. They were like wow pop your hood that sounds amazing how about awd a tester sayed i'm like nope rwd, its a stroked full drag package converted to the street daily driver that will beat zr1's by 3 cars and walk the gtr's they then asked me for a job with testing.I told them my contact info when they need some more testers. I'm now on there list of experienced track drivers in las vegas .They let me take some pictures of the sick packages that are in protype as of now ... I can't wait to see the final products of the new models for 2011-2012. I took some pics when i left they were like no pictures in the testing area and i cant complain because i saw the testing
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-14-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling and periods

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_galle...ceid=155422244

my drive by after i picked up my tires only got 1 quick close up with my cell
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-09-2009 at 09:09 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What are you going to do when you sideswipe a gt2

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dude, periods, commas, paragraphs.

you totally lost me

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    What are you going to do when you sideswipe a gt2
    haha i was so excited when i was typing this . That woud suck if i taped a gt-2 a but then agian it would be there car so lol. They already had a couple gtr's banged up from side by side racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    dude, periods, commas, paragraphs.

you totally lost me
    periods and commas fixed
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-14-2009 at 08:52 AM.

SOM
    2002 SS

I got to beat the snot out of a GTR. It's a Tank. A PIG. a very stiff riding, powerful and well geared PIG.

It's going to take a lot to just make the GTR as incredible as everyone expected. It is great, but minus the AWD that would make any 2wd car super incredible the GTR would be left looking alot like a hennesy 2010 camaro.

Somehow I can't see how Nissan can remove 500 lbs from that vehicle.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    I got to beat the snot out of a GTR. It's a Tank. A PIG. a very stiff riding, powerful and well geared PIG.

It's going to take a lot to just make the GTR as incredible as everyone expected. It is great, but minus the AWD that would make any 2wd car super incredible the GTR would be left looking alot like a hennesy 2010 camaro.

Somehow I can't see how Nissan can remove 500 lbs from that vehicle.
    You must run pretty good, 11.6 or faster trapping 120mph or more.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Actually I meant driving it myself. it's just too heavy to be a real fun car imo. its sharp and has quick reflexes but once the tires get hot you can feel them struggling to hold the car down. Besides that my vette would roll it too 128 mph on a super stiff suspension with 19" wheels and a 25 series tire isn't too shabby but i'd roll a GTR at speed like it was sitting still !!

Victim of a happy right foot ...

Arctic White, red/gray

Nice trap speed with the vette.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

nice Gtr

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Only the ringers turn those numbers.

Car & Driver accidentally got their hands on a car with a stock production tune. It only ran low 12's at 113MPH.

Do the math, its not rocket science. Its a 4000lb boat anchor with just 480HP. Thats not that fast.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Only the ringers turn those numbers.

Car & Driver accidentally got their hands on a car with a stock production tune. It only ran low 12's at 113MPH.

Do the math, its not rocket science. Its a 4000lb boat anchor with just 480HP. Thats not that fast.
    Lol people have have gone 11.6-11.9 at 116-120mph bone stock this is not even up for debate because it has literally been done by real drivers who own the cars. Most drivers also found they got better times without launch control. The car puts down 420-430whp on a mustang dyno and 460-470whp on a dynojet and weighs 3800lbs with AWD. The porsche 911 turbo puts down the 20whp less and weighs 3600lbs(200lbs less) and can go 11.4 at 121mph.

You really think its only capable of 113mph trap speed, lets take a look. 03/04 cobra can trap 113mph stock with 380whp and the same 3700-3800lbs curb weight as the GTR without AWD. 2010 camaro ss 370whp 3800lbs some have trapped 111-113mph. So the GTR weighs the same, launches harder, has a faster shifting dual clutch tranny and has more power than these cars yet its hard to believe that it traps better than them? LOL

Your right its not rocket science but somehow you always seem to make even the simplest issues difficult with your hatred of any non american car. I would never own a GTR but once again you fail to give credit where its due. A AWD jap car with a back seat that can run mid to high 11s stock.

I also cant find where car and driver got a 12.3 @ 113mph, infact i couldnt find any 2009 GTR trapping below 116mph
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-22-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Good to see Wesman is staying true to himself. lol...

Great Post Zinergy. Seemed like a fair assesment of the car..

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Guru View Post
    Today i was out picking up some new tires. I get all my parts in las vegas in the las vegas motorspeedway parts depos. There is so many selectons. . We have an awesome road course here , auto x course, 1/4 track a bullring, nascar track, dirt track , and the worlds fastest drift course here.I was driving by( nascar track on my left and the road curse on the left) i saw a Corvette Zr1 out on the road track with tons of Nissan Gtr's with all the badges off So i pulled into the security and i was like what the hell may as well see whats up. I waved at the security guard ( i know most of them because i am always testing a product out on the road course or the dragstrip). Then i got in parked next to the nissan trailer they had a Porsche gt2 and a new 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce.I was watching for a couple of hours laughing at them smoking the crap out of cars non stop the zr1 was close behind with the lambo in front of the gtr. They were like wow pop your hood that sounds amazing how about awd a tester sayed i'm like nope rwd, its a stroked full drag package converted to the street daily driver that will beat zr1's by 3 cars and walk the gtr's they then asked me for a job with testing.I told them my contact info when they need some more testers. I'm now on there list of experienced track drivers in las vegas .They let me take some pictures of the sick packages that are in protype as of now ... I can't wait to see the final products of the new models for 2011-2012. I took some pics when i left they were like no pictures in the testing area and i cant complain because i saw the testing

So your standing there watching someone there who, I'm assuming heard you pull up, asked you to pop your hood because of how your car sounds. Ok, then a "tester" said something about it being AWD. hmmm You then point out that it is a "stroked full drag package converted to the street daily driver that will beat zr1's by 3 cars and walk the gtr's", right. Then they ask you for a job with testing, which means that that ask you if they could get a job not ask you to take a job. You gave them your contact info, got it. And some how you on a list of "experienced track drivers in [L]as [V]egas".

A tester, as in an experienced driver, thought that your car, 02 Trans Am T-tops M6 Red, was AWD.

How could anyone assume that a Trans Am is AWD? Especially with it being "stroked full drag package converted to the street daily driver". I think of fat rear tires with skinny up front when I think of a RWD drag car.
    What ever man

Thread Information