Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

just totalled a cobalt cuz it sucks

This is a discussion on just totalled a cobalt cuz it sucks within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 9t8z28 X2!!! x3 it comes down to you(ATC) being used to a tank with wide tires, when ...

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    X2!!!
    x3
    it comes down to you(ATC) being used to a tank with wide tires, when you swerved in the cobalt it reacted violently. Light car with skinny tires takes a different type of driving than an a F-body.....i found that out the hard way....just not as bad as you ATC.

Also, i am damn proud i hunt, grew up doing it.....

Keeping deer population down so no more people hit deer then need to> It will happen, but more hunters....less car vs deer accidents

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    x3
    it comes down to you(ATC) being used to a tank with wide tires, when you swerved in the cobalt it reacted violently. Light car with skinny tires takes a different type of driving than an a F-body.....i found that out the hard way....just not as bad as you ATC.

Keeping deer population down so no more people hit deer then need to> It will happen, but more hunters....less car vs deer accidents
    Hell yeah! Pa incourages deer hunting cause theres to damn many of em..

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Hell yeah! Pa incourages deer hunting cause theres to damn many of em..
    Im surprised i haven't heard from pita owner or left winger telling me the usual bullshit about i shouldn't have a gun or how evil i am for killing bambi. I say this......SCREW OFF!
    Its either i take a deer humainly or it gets ripped apart and endangers human life by being overpopulated.

NBM
    99 TA

Im surprised i haven't heard from pita owner or left winger telling me the usual bullshit about i shouldn't have a gun or how evil i am for killing bambi. I say this......SCREW OFF!
    Its either i take a deer humainly or it gets ripped apart and endangers human life by being overpopulated.
    you know what PETA stands for right?
    People Eating Tasty Animals

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

kill all deers!!! (yes i said deers lol)

i dont hunt, but thats just cuz i dont relaly hang out with anyone that does, or have a gun, and i live in a subdivision... but i would probably if i had the chance to

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

x3

Not to mention how much more twitchy and unsteady fwd is compared to rwd when you yank the wheel a bit. I have fwd as much as ATC hates deer now.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    you know what PETA stands for right?
    People Eating Tasty Animals
    LOL i love that one! never gets old!

Also about the fwd car deal....i forgot about the twitchy feel.....

no weight almost in rear of car
    +
    crap rear suspention
    +
    usual 195mm or 205mm tires
    +
    light car
    +
    hard jerk
    =
    most of time loss of control(atleast im most peoples case)

I have learned better after spinning a cobalt........i drive a carb'd trans am for a reason lol!
    High revving TPI........wait oxymoron?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

exactly!!! u guys get it. i actually feel safer in a 300hp rwd 3000lb car. no joke...

i honestly felt safer in my thirdgen... i guarantee u i would not have rolled oreven hit the ditch in my thirdgen, but IF i had rolled i would have been dead in it.

fwd sucks soo bad. god i hate it... i actually am scared to drive fwd cars with crappy suspensions now. ive always told myself i have better control with a rwd car, but ppl always say fwd is safer... i have proven it to myself now

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    exactly!!! u guys get it. i actually feel safer in a 300hp rwd 3000lb car. no joke...

i honestly felt safer in my thirdgen... i guarantee u i would not have rolled oreven hit the ditch in my thirdgen, but IF i had rolled i would have been dead in it.

fwd sucks soo bad. god i hate it... i actually am scared to drive fwd cars with crappy suspensions now. ive always told myself i have better control with a rwd car, but ppl always say fwd is safer... i have proven it to myself now
    fwd being safer is a myth. Once you get used to rwd you never want to go fwd. I almost smashed my wifes car into the curb a couple of times from doing stupid shit while driving and grabbing the wheel and the car would jump over and I'm like "OH SHIT" and the wife goes "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?!" then I say "f'ing fwd!" She only drove a rwd couple of times so she doesn't understand.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i dont see how ppl dont understand that... another thing, if its icy out, and u lose control in a fwd car, ur just gonna go in the direction ur sliding no matter what u do... so basically ur just fucked. in rwd, u actually have the chance to countersteer etc

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

both my parents think fwd is safer... shows how much they know about cars...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

i dont see how ppl dont understand that... another thing, if its icy out, and u lose control in a fwd car, ur just gonna go in the direction ur sliding no matter what u do... so basically ur just fucked. in rwd, u actually have the chance to countersteer etc
    Taking a corner on ice with fwd goes like this, pop it in neutral, tweak the steering wheel the way you want to go, hold the release button in and pull the parking break and just before your at the angle you want drop parking break down, pop back in gear, smash gas and go.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Best friend rolled a t-top camaro....1988 z28. Going about 100 when tire let loose, car slid off the e-way and rim dug in. Car flipped some where around 3-5 times(cant tell). Car was demolished, windshield flattened, t-tops blown out, hatch popped. and the doors wouldnt open All he had was a concussion! He had apc cloth racing seats, a roll bar(rear seat delete duh), 5 pt harness. Officer gave him shit about not using factory belts.....but said you'd prolly be dead if not for the 5 pt ones.

I have to see if i can find the pics but they were on my old computer so im not holding breath.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yea a roll bar is a must for me now just cuz im paranoid. id imagine without a roll bar, if i rolled with ttops the ttops would immediately come off and my head would be smashed into the ground

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

yea a roll bar is a must for me now just cuz im paranoid. id imagine without a roll bar, if i rolled with ttops the ttops would immediately come off and my head would be smashed into the ground
    well no i wouldnt go and get a roll bar right now....i mean how many times do you see 100+mph? On a e-way that is crappy and unleveled in turns? The third gens hold up soooo much better than 4th gens in roll overs ive seen.

I know for a fact, dads best friend owns a junkyard......i see things that most people dont. Some cars come in that they have to cut up and scrap because of the blood and carnage! A white Lt1 Z28 came in that flipped and was flat as a pancake! The tow truck driver said that police estimated she had lost it on a country road doing 60-70 mph, that night it was stripped and scrapped! Multiple third gens are there from accidents and took HEAVY HITS! 9 outta 10 people walked away from them. One of many reasons i will NEVER drive a lil pos fwd car, plastic bodies, fwd, and etc.....

Yah you save gas mileage.......at what cost though?

Ill stick to my third gens

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

well no i wouldnt go and get a roll bar right now....i mean how many times do you see 100+mph? On a e-way that is crappy and unleveled in turns? The third gens hold up soooo much better than 4th gens in roll overs ive seen.

I know for a fact, dads best friend owns a junkyard......i see things that most people dont. Some cars come in that they have to cut up and scrap because of the blood and carnage! A white Lt1 Z28 came in that flipped and was flat as a pancake! The tow truck driver said that police estimated she had lost it on a country road doing 60-70 mph, that night it was stripped and scrapped! Multiple third gens are there from accidents and took HEAVY HITS! 9 outta 10 people walked away from them. One of many reasons i will NEVER drive a lil pos fwd car, plastic bodies, fwd, and etc.....

Yah you save gas mileage.......at what cost though?

Ill stick to my third gens
    no im not gonna go get a roll bar right now. but i dont have a car right now. im buying a 4th gen ls1 fbody, so i will probably put a roll bar into it. its not about going 100+ its about a rollover at all... i rolled at 50mph and almost died. im gonna be paranoid about it for a while

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

no im not gonna go get a roll bar right now. but i dont have a car right now. im buying a 4th gen ls1 fbody, so i will probably put a roll bar into it. its not about going 100+ its about a rollover at all... i rolled at 50mph and almost died. im gonna be paranoid about it for a while
    ahhh the third gens gone now?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ahhh the third gens gone now?
    like a month ago haha

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

like a month ago haha